Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried different earphone, a new adpter and getting the songs from other sources. I used tcmp and real player, but the poor quality is just a real pain. I want sound like my ipod nano or at least dell dj. the whole thing makes me sad
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    have you tried pTunes?

The Treo is capable of doing lots of different things good - or even really good with the right sw - in one package. However, if you really want a kick-a** MP3 player, stick with your really kick-a** MP3 player, not a PDA.

IMHO.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  3.    #3  
    it doesn't need to be real kick ***, but in some songs there are whole sounds that are very clear with come players and all but gone on the treo
    OK, that is a little different. I am using Realplayer and I have not experienced that yet. The only thing I have noticed is a lack of bass - but I mainly listen to Rock and a little jazz. Other than that, I think the sound is pretty darn good. I will agree that the range of sounds are not great.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I have tried different earphone, a new adpter and getting the songs from other sources. I used tcmp and real player, but the poor quality is just a real pain. I want sound like my ipod nano or at least dell dj. the whole thing makes me sad
    Earphone? Did you mean headphones like "Seidio 2-in-1 In-Ear Isolator Headphones" (see http://store.treocentral.com/)? Using the earphone that comes in the Treo 650 box isn't going to benefit an avid music fan. It's unfortunate that Palm didn't include their "Palm Hybrid Headset/Headphones" in the box.

Also what codecs (ie: MP3, WMA, OGG, etc) were you trying to play? What did you mean when you said "poor quality" (ie: static, skipping audio tracks, etc)? Unless you're needing video playback I'd suggest using Pocket Tunes Deluxe for audio whether streaming radio, podcasting or compressed audio tracks. See http://www.pocket-tunes.com/ for more information and a trial version.

On a side note related to audio playback I've forwarded a request to the Amarok developer team to port their free audio player to Garnet. If ALP (Access Linux Platform) were to be released for the Treo 700 then a lot of Treo customers would find less need to purchase commercial software. Amarok on Linux is the closest audio player I've found that resembles iTunes and just as iTunes cost consumers nothing to use. Though of course I do support the idea of giving funding back to developers even if just a small dollar amount See http://amarok.kde.org/ for more information.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I want to echo the recommendation for Pocket Tunes. Don't let Realplayer cloud your judgement - it's not a very good piece of software.
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    My treo sounds just as good as my wife's IPOD nano. Perhaps you just have not found the right adapter/headphones for the job.

FWIW - I am using an insten adapter and a set of Sony sport headphones MDR-W14L. It doesn't take much power to drive these headphones, which may be helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    My treo sounds just as good as my wife's IPOD nano. Perhaps you just have not found the right adapter/headphones for the job.
    I use pockettunes and etymotic earphones. I have also used Sony earphones. My kids and wife have mp3 players, one is an ipod. My treo sounds equally as good as any of their players. No ifs, ands or buts. Use the right program and a decent bitrate and decent headphones and it sounds great.
    If all you want is a phone with awesome mp3 playback capabilities then I highly recommend the Sony Ericsson K750 or its twin the W800. I compared it back to back with an ipod mini (same mp3 files and basic non-isolator earbuds) and it just blew the ipod away in every area - clarity, bass, highs... You could hear every pluck of the guitar in 'Hotel California.'
    Well, I use the shure 4c with my treo, and I think it is darn good. And I have pretty high standard.
  11.    #11  
    I'll give a more specific examle. Bowling for Soup has a song called Ohio (come back to Texas) and at the begining there is a guitar rift with one voice singing. In just about ever other music player the guitar sounds rocking. On treo I can't hear it. Like I said I have used all kinds of combinations for this to work but nothing. I even tried my wife's treo to see if maybe mine had a problem but it was the same thing.
    what? this device rocks with ptunes installed - can you do emails, pim, financial, images, games, and play music with your ipod? No sir.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'll give a more specific examle. Bowling for Soup has a song called Ohio (come back to Texas) and at the begining there is a guitar rift with one voice singing. In just about ever other music player the guitar sounds rocking. On treo I can't hear it. Like I said I have used all kinds of combinations for this to work but nothing. I even tried my wife's treo to see if maybe mine had a problem but it was the same thing.
    Okay, I downloaded this song to my Treo. I don't have my headphones with me, but I can clearly hear lots of guitar just from my treo speaker. I am using PocketTunes Deluxe.
  14.    #14  
    gapost if you could listen to it on your treo and then another player and then post back that would be cool.
    gapost if you could listen to it on your treo and then another player and then post back that would be cool.
    I will if i get a chance, but I can assure you that the 650 can sound as good as most mp3 players. How about installing PocketTunes Deluxe and trying that? You can use it free for a period of time.
    You can also try Aeroplayer, which is free if you rip your songs to .OGG format. You have the option to adjust the settings of the DSP (graphic equalizer) to suit your tastes.
    http://www.aerodrome.us/aeroplayer/index.html
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I am somewhat of an audiophile/very picky with how music sounds....and the Treo 650 is not great but its ok for me to use as my workout mp3 player. I use a adapter I got from ebay and a set of sony on-ear headphones.

Bass distorts if the mp3 quality isnt good (ie. radio) where it will handle better in my car which has a high quality amp and subwoofer. CD sourced mp3s sound pretty good overall. I have used some small mp3 players by RCA and Creative and the quality is comparable I feel, or I would have gotten something else to use have to think.
    I use Pocket Tunes.
    I'd also suggest checking out mPod as you may find the interface more familiar. AFter trying them all out pick what seems to work best for you.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    um sorry but I disagree- the treo 650 can indeed be a kickass player especially with ptunes and utilizing the graphic equalizer- - it is very very strong and I am a picky audiophile with 20 years in the music business (no, not deaf). )
    I love my Ptunes, and with a 2GB card and my WMA's, it is an excellent ipod replacement. I use Sony inner ear buds and the audio quaity is excellent. I do have a hacked Treo with a 3.5 mm audio jack and do not have to put up with adapters, but even without that the Treo makes for an excellent ipod replacement.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast