1.    #1  
    With all the Google searching I've done it appears ZLauncher is the most popular application for an all in one solution (Theme engine/File Manager). I do have a few questions/concerns. Does it actually theme all windows similar to how PalmRevolt behaves? Besides the main application ZLauncher 5.41 prc file what other files should I just install or recommend? Does ZLauncher provide an ability to auto-backup files to the SD flash memory card? Since I'm using the Treo 650 which has less user memory than the 700w memory access is a concen. Has anyone experienced ZLauncher being memory intensive?
    If you think ZLauncher is the ultimate file manager, it is not. It does okay, but FileZ does better job in some instances. From what I have found, you can do multiple file transfers/deletes or whatever with FileZ; with ZLauncher, it is one file at a time.

Zlauncher may be easier to manuever around, but once you get the hang of where to tap with FileZ, it moves around just as easily and maybe even faster. Both support the card; Zlauncher launches files, FileZ does not launch files. FileZ and Zlauncher let you create folders. Zlauncher does not let you delete folders; FileZ does.

Zlauncher is not a tool for backing up your device. Get the real thing.

When I installed Zlauncher, I also installed the jpg utility, one theme, one background jpg and two plug-ins. The plug-in operation is not as smooth as it is within 2Day, but it is still ok.

Done with the rambling. Ben
    ZLauncher does delete directories..

Anyway, OP, read the manual for ZLauncher, it describes exactly what to install. And it sounds like you should read it to get an idea of what ZLauncher does in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    with ZLauncher, it is one file at a time.
    Sorry Ben, but you're wrong. You can easily delete more than one file at a time !
    I will look even harder, 'cause after I installed 5.4, I deleted FileZ. I see the "group" setting and just played with it. I stand corrected on the multiple files, it's a bit more effort but on the folders, I just am not there.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    I can't seem to find in the documentation advice on where to install specific ZLauncher files. I would assume it's best to install ZLauncher with one default theme/icons/background image to the Treo on board storage and all additional background images, icons and themes to the SD flash memory card.

Thanks all of you for your input. I'm going to play around with it which at this point appears to have a lot of advanced settings not normally found in other products. If any of you have any useful tips for getting the best experience out of ZLauncher please let me know in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Anyway, OP, read the manual for ZLauncher, it describes exactly what to install. And it sounds like you should read it to get an idea of what ZLauncher does in the first place.

It's in the file archive.. it's on their website..