Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    One question for those who have upgraded. Are you able to keep your 700w in EVDO mode, or do you still have to force it into 1x mode? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdsig
    One question for those who have upgraded. Are you able to keep your 700w in EVDO mode, or do you still have to force it into 1x mode? Thanks.
    I have upgraded my 700w with both the ROM and GL upgrades and have it in EVDO mode and see no issues with battery performance or email delivery delays
    i second Jbiz' comments. i have switched back to evdo and ran tests by sending emails from my home to my work address..they were all received within seconds.

battery life seems ok but i'm not receiving my usual hundreds of emails a minute. will see on monday.
    the issue in pre 4.8 revs where Good limited the 700w to 1xRTT is no longer there. So long as I have EVDO reception, all is good including transitions from 1x to EVDO and back.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eVader
    the issue in pre 4.8 revs where Good limited the 700w to 1xRTT is no longer there. So long as I have EVDO reception, all is good including transitions from 1x to EVDO and back.
    Thanks for the comments guys. I updated to 4.8 last Friday and I've also found no problems running in EVDO.
    How do you force it back into EVDO mode?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HurleyJW
    How do you force it back into EVDO mode?
    same way you put it in 1xRTT mode, just uncheck the box.
    finding that my battery life has actually improved somewhat
    Does Goodlink have the issue of the phone not ringing when it is pushing email?
    I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. Does Goodlink have the issue on 700W phones where the phone doesn't ring when pushing email when not in EVDO coverage area?