1.    #1  
    I am a Treo 650 owner and my bluetooth headset volume is so low that many times I want to rip it off my ear and heave it into traffic so I can get some joy out of watching being crushed by cars.

Short of doing that I was hoping that a few of you smart guy or gals on this forum could point me in the right direction of a solution. I have looked at Volumecare, but I am not sure if it helps bluetooth issues.

Also, what is regarded as the most compatible bluetooth headset. I have the Moto HS Series.

Thanks!
    Last edited by magicman_007; 04/23/2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Get a Plantronics Discovery 640. It's the only bluetooth headset I've used with the Treo (and I've used about 20), that is consistently both loud and clear. The Jabras are loud and very indistinct, and everything else isn't even loud. My callers also hear me better with it - even in my convertible!

You won't regret it - best headset I've ever owned.
    buy it locally so you can return it when you dont like it. I hate my 640. I do like the 510 - better vol and clarity
    Don't use any moto bt headset with Treo650. i had the same problem with moto hs820. i don't use it anymore.

BTW, the Moto HS820 works fine with Moto L7.
    Quote Originally Posted by solmssen
    Get a Plantronics Discovery 640. It's the only bluetooth headset I've used with the Treo (and I've used about 20), that is consistently both loud and clear. The Jabras are loud and very indistinct, and everything else isn't even loud. My callers also hear me better with it - even in my convertible!

You won't regret it - best headset I've ever owned.

I also have a discovery and like it for the most parts. However it think the volume issue varies depending on call. I've had situations where I felt like throwing it to the traffic and I've had situations where I had to turn it down. I volume always set to high. I replaced the moto hs820 as it was always to low with the 640.
    I use Treo headset. I found VC+1.43 works well. With version 1.71, I found it difficult.

While raw volume is important, but volume of internal things (DTMF tone) compared to the call's voice volume is important. With a loud headset or where all signals are amplified equally, the DTMF tone became too loud and voice is still too soft to hear. That was the case for me with 1.71.

With 1.43, even without VC, it was adequate. With VC, it is great.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My recommendation is for the Plantronics Discovery 510. This headset is loud and comfortable.
    I see a Voyager 510 and a Discovery 650 in the TreoStore here.

I don't see a Discovery 510?
    Last edited by gaffa; 04/27/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    I have the scala 500 and for the money (Cheap!!) it's great.

John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl
    Music, Production, Drum Programming, Sound Design
    Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
    Skippy's Big Bad Beats & NoizBox are now Stylus RMX Xpanders !!
    Nature Photographer

G5 Dual 2.7Ghz, RME Digiface, Logic 7.1.1, Tiger

-end transmission-
    I also use Scala 500 and it works fine.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sorry, I meant Voyager 510.
    scala 500 is good
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all that. I am going to go to the local places here and try a few. I will report back!
    i have the scala 500 so far the best for $20.00 well 29.99 when ever my rebate comes back ..LOL i luv it
    I have both the Scala and the Plantronics 510. I see no difference!!!!
    I don't think volumecare has any impact on BT volume.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.