Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    whats the update - slipstream?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #3  
    They make improvements/changes which are undocumented. They also make it difficult to find out the version # that is currently posted on their site.

I found that the new version tries to transition to their new licensing system.
    But fails.

They used to track user accounts by e-mail address. With the ver 3.x of Express, smartphones uses the phone # while PDA's use e-mail address.

I signed up in 9/2005 and they have my e-mail address in their database. I have been unable to use all the features that I have paid for, in ver 3.x. Express keeps behaving like it is an evaluation version.. no matter what I try.

In that sense, I am strill struggling to use Express 3.x.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Well, after the slipstream update I have no problems anymore: Updating all channels works now, all the "Back" buttons in several Sports/Racing channels work, it does not nag me that the trial expired (as I have paid for a year weeks back), the box office is available again etc. and I think it might be even a bit faster then usual ...
    Too little, Too late. IMO
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Too little, Too late. IMO
    I agree, but if they gave me a one month trial, I might try it again. For now, though, my subscription is cancelled and I'm not about to buy another one after my recent experiences with them. Shame, I loved that program, for a season.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Britcher21 - did you do anything differently in this proccess? I am stuck and frustrated like the rest. Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I'm having the same problems, can't get the app to recognize I'm a paid subscriber since 2004. Email to support has gone unanswered, and I'm about to dump this app.

Oh and version is actually 3.01.1466 for me...
    I emailed support (had to actually send a second email) and I got then a response back from them stating that they fixed my account. It still would not work so I emailed him back again and told him so but within a few hours everything worked as advertised ....
    Oh, forgot to say - I did install the latest update 3.01.1466 and did nothing else. BTW - I am using a Sprint Treo 600 if that makes a difference.
    I tried this app for the first time yesterday.

And later in the day, for the first time ever, when I tried to start Blazer, all the screen said was "Please Wait." It stayed that way for 3 minutes, then the treo shut down.

Coincidence? I have NEVER seen that message from blazer before.

A reset restored things to normal.

ANyone ever see that before?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. It occurred the first time I started Blazer after installing the new edition of Express. A soft reset fixed it.

I have been waiting for a new version since this one debuted. It no longer updates automatically, and keeps telling me I have to pay, when I did months ago.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  13.    #13  
    I had to e-mail Handmark. They did something on their server that alloed it to recognize my subscription (valid till 9/2006).

I don't get any Racing updates...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I emailed them and and got a reply a day later that it was an error on their part. Peace has befallen the earth again.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    amen
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Could someone post an Email addy for support. I can't get it to work on their website.

I really like this software and used it for about 8 months. I know I said too little too late, but this app is like crack. It's all in one usefulness is addictive and once you've had it it's hard to do without it...if I could just get it to work again. Sprint tech support was no help, nor was going back to an older version. The news won't update anymore.

Any ideas or help is appreciated. I'm home w/ pneumonia, maybe that's why I decided to try and get it to work again....anyway the email to tech support would be a big help.

Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have sent e-mail to tech support throught their web site numerous times. To my knowledge, there is no direct e-mail address, however, you could try customerservice@handmark.com. All of the replies I receive come from this address.

Any word on when all of the problems with 3.0 will be resolved, anyone??? I have been without my auto-updates for two weeks.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I believe it is support@handmark.com. Again, they were very quick to resolve the issue.

George Orwell.
  19.    #19  
    In my case, tapping Update on PageOne seems to download some data.. but when I go to each channel, the data is not the updated one. I have to enter each channel and update them individually.

All my channels (except the main page) are on the SD card.

Anyone else seeing this?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    sorry here is the correct link and what he wrote.

websupport@handmark.com

I apologize for the inconvenience. I am having our developers look into your account setting. Please reply back to this email and I will notify you when this has been resolved.

*NEW!* Information regarding previous purchases, including download links, and serial numbers, can now be accessed anytime by logging into My Handmark at http://my.handmark.com.

Thank you,

Kenny S.
    Customer Support Representative
    Handmark, Inc.
    Tools & Toys for a Mobile Generation
    Visit our Support Knowledge-base online at http://www.handmark.com/support

Confidentiality Notice
    The information contained in and attached to this e-mail message is confidential and/or proprietary information of Handmark, Inc. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please reply to this message indicating it was received in error then delete this e-mail message and any copies entirely.

George Orwell.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast