Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No error during restore. I think only LupusP and Zlauncher are concerns. Both are quickly evolving beta products (porting to Treo700p) at this time.

These were easily addressed. NVBackup is looking solid. Right now, it has the advantage of being the only one (among RescoBackup and BackupMan) that is running successfully on my new Treo700p without crashing.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I cant get NV Backup to work scheduled backups at night. It waits for me to give the OK . Every morning when I turn it on it is waiting for the OK to do a backup. ANyone get this problem ??
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    I cant get NV Backup to work scheduled backups at night. It waits for me to give the OK . Every morning when I turn it on it is waiting for the OK to do a backup. ANyone get this problem ??
    Are you using 1.12?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    No error during restore. I think only LupusP and Zlauncher are concerns. Both are quickly evolving beta products (porting to Treo700p) at this time.

These were easily addressed. NVBackup is looking solid. Right now, it has the advantage of being the only one (among RescoBackup and BackupMan) that is running successfully on my new Treo700p without crashing.
    A more serious worry for me is that there seems to be an incompatibility between FontSmoother and NVBackup right now on the 700P. I suppose I can always turn off FontSmoother before running NVBackup, but I'll have to see if there is a better solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss
    Are you using 1.12?
    Yes. NVBackup1.12.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Jeez . I was using 1.9 . I just upgraded to 1.12 . I have Backupman , Resco , BackupBuddy and this and this one seems to do everything the other do and its free. This will really hurt the other pay programs. Why pay $15-$20 to do what this does for free. I think I can get rid of the other programs.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    What is LupusP?
    It's an app that lets users remap the four traditional PalmOS hardbuttons and the two green/red call/end buttons as well as make the 700p's menu button function as a shift key in order to mimic the 650 keyboard layout.

As mentioned this is still in beta. There are a couple known bugs releated to the option key sometimes doing a shift function and the phone button not returning to the phone app while on a call.

As of this writing I believe the most current version is available in this post.

ERic
    Another happy customer.
    I did a trial of an app, decided it didn't work out for me and went to delete it. I couldn't get all of the databases deleted with filez (protection issue), so I did a hard reset and restored from the backup I had done prior to the trial period. Presto! All back as before without any glitches. Happy happy happy!
    Cingular locked 650.
    Hi VaccPlam and Pruss,

I am also getting the message when I get up in the morning due to scheduled backups. If you press OK it'll continue with the backup. I think it has something to do with the key pad lock thing.

The backup doesn't take that long so I didn't mind it, while I do with morning routen it does the backup, kinda like a reminder.

I think the open source allow you to donate to NVBackup project if you like.... they take paypal?

justdoit2

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    upgrading to 1.12 fixed that error message. see what version you have.
    A more serious worry for me is that there seems to be an incompatibility between FontSmoother and NVBackup right now on the 700P. I suppose I can always turn off FontSmoother before running NVBackup, but I'll have to see if there is a better solution.
    I use both NVBackup and FontSmoother and have never had any problems.
    I've been with palm since 99 and I can't say I've seen a better app. its quick reliable and restores EVERYTHING I've used a lot of backups and this is the best. When I walk into the sprint store for service or replacement. I hard reset and pop the new card in the new treo and off I go!
    Quote Originally Posted by miziqq View Post
    I've been with palm since 99 and I can't say I've seen a better app. its quick reliable and restores EVERYTHING I've used a lot of backups and this is the best. When I walk into the sprint store for service or replacement. I hard reset and pop the new card in the new treo and off I go!
    Amen to this. I have retored many times. Absolutely no problems!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12