1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have a 2006 Jeep G. Cherokee with the "UConnect" handsfree cell / bluetooth handset built into the radio. In order for my Sprint Treo 650 to work with this device, I was told I needed to update the firmware.

So,
    I backed up all my data, downloaded and then performed the Sprint 650 1.13(a) firmware update, and now, I find the device to be WILDLY unreliable. The device will often "lock up" for 1-5 seconds, even for simple tasks.

Even something like going from the "main" phone screen (with the dial pad on it), to a "contact" search.. it will even lock up. Also, this thing now "reboots" itself at LEAST once every other day. Sometimes when I go to make a call, other times when I load the "web" application.

Has anyone else had any problems with this happening after a firmware update? Does anyone know anything I can do to try and prevent this / fix this? It's VERY frustrating because prior to the firmware update, this thing was ROCK SOLID (except, it wouldn't work with my car).

Thanks!

Best,
    MAtthew
    Sounds like you messed up the firmware update. Do it again. You can search for the proper firmware update method in this forum.
    Mine was better after the 1.13a update. I also use custom ROM's which IMO helps to make it more stable.
    I have 1.13a on my sprint 650 and its solid. How much memory are you using? Do you have a lot of 3rd party apps? I would try reinstalling the update as others have mentioned. 6ood luck!