Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I bought a 4gb Adata card off of Ebay and have been using it without a problem. I noticed after about a week, that I couldn't record to it as it kept saying it was full. After searching the forums, I discovered the problems with File System on the Treo 650.

I decided to delete everything off my card (was working fine except for the "fake full" thing). Once I did that, my Treo will no longer recognize it. It simply won't "see" the card. The card works everywhere else (Card reader, camera, etc.).

I have now upgraded my phone using the FAT32.prc and RomTool (pretty cool thing). But my phone still won't recognize the card. I did everything according to the RomTool's directions, but I'm not sure it actually worked (I never had to re-hotsync my Treo. once finished, i did a soft reboot and everything was still there. that seemed weird. the only thing i changed was the file system. is there a way to check the file system? does everything stay on the treo after a rom change? I mean i went through the rainbow screen, got info to come up, searched the files that were downloaded, found the old FS and replaced it).

Is there another way to get my card to show up?

I guess i actually have two questions. How can i check to see if my ROM update worked? and is there a way to get my Treo to see my card ( i have formatted it twice through computer as Fat32)?

All help is apreciated.

thanks
    Kaivorb
    you say you only had to hotsync once, but after you deleted the fatfs file and replaced it with the fat32 file did you upload the new rom back to the phone?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    yup. I followed the directions and everything. It told me it was "successful", but i am suspicious.
    Use Filez to check and see if you have Fat32 or Fatfs. It is a free file manager app and very useful. Google Filez and you will find several sites to download from.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I apparently DO have FAT32 running. I went to Apps -> Info -> Version, and then scrolled down and found FAT32 and NOT FATFS. So that means FAT32 is in there.

hmm...

I guess my ROM did get moved. At least that is good to know.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Ok, here is what else I have done to problem solve so far:

I HAVE formatted it with windows into FAT32.
    I HAVE created the PALM and DCIM directories.

Card Info will NOT read it.
    I have 3 other cards (2x1GB and 1x32MB), and it will read them all.

I HAVE checked for the FAT32 file system using the App -> Info -> version. I WAS able to find the FAT32.prc there. And FATFS.prc was NOT there.

I have checked to make sure my Treo can read other cards. It can.

This is very frustrating. Any other ideas. The help so far has been appreciated.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ok. IT WORKS NOW.

I just got really frustrated and pushed the card in and out of the slot a bunch of times, and now suddenly it can read it. I was able to see all 3.7GB of it, too (yeah FAT32!)

I could take a picture and send it over, but i could NOT record video directly to it. oh well, that is not a deal breaker for me (I was just curious to see if it would work).

thanks for all the help.

I think those damn ADATA cards are just super-finicky!

Kaivorb
    I had a 2GB Adata card go bad. I could read it with the PC card reader, but it did not show up on the Treo. Adata replaced the card for me. The replacement is working fine.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)