Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I spent the past few days saying that I finally got my 650 stable and then today I went to do something, of course it was using something that requires a memory hack, but anyway my 650 crashed and every single app that I am using that needs a reg code needed the code re-entered..... Has anyone else ever had this happen?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    You've lost your Saved_Preferences file, which is why your registrations are gone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It was the first time this has happened, any reason this happened or just dumb luck?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    There are several threads about this. No one magic answer though, that I'm aware of. (I'm lucky as to never have had this experience.)

Pull up a search for saved preferences and see what you find.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I will do that, thanks for the info!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Don't thank me, I didn't really do anything to help you out

You might want to keep a copy of your Saved Preferences file on your SD card, in case this happens again. Keep you from having to re-enter your codes. Of course, this won't cure the problem, and if the file is corrupt to begin with, will only repeat itself.

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Perhaps not, but it was nice to see someone respond with out flame.... most of the people around here don't flame, but none the less
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I had a crash just today when trying to run Duke3D, I know why, cause I use PXA Clocker and UDMH, but anyway, lost my Pref File, used that PrefDoctor and bam it all came back, I am thrilled that was great!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

You can restore a Saved_preferences file, but if you start experiencing more frequent crashes afterwards (not just from a single buggy app), you might consider deleting it, re-entering all your reg codes, and moving on. It'll crash a lot less often.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!