1.    #1  
    A little off topic Can a Bluetooth headset connect to a laptop for sound+ mic .....Senerio 1 staying a hotel with a beautiful view of the Lake (Gulf) Plug in hotel phone to laptop and call loved one then take conversation out onto the Balcony ?? Would this work?? Scenario 2 watching a movie on hotel TV while Loved one sleeps using Blue tooth Headset??Thanks from a Newbie
    Nope
    Why not? I used Jabra BT200 with Google Talk on my PC. Sound is kinda lousy, but perfectly usable.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    This is doable, you will just need to get your bluetooth headest to pair with your laptop and connect to the headset profile on your laptop (I'm assuming XP). I do this to listen to podcasts while I walk around the dorm room (or go to the bathroom).
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the Jones
    This is doable, you will just need to get your bluetooth headest to pair with your laptop and connect to the headset profile on your laptop (I'm assuming XP). I do this to listen to podcasts while I walk around the dorm room (or go to the bathroom).

I was able to add my Jabra JX-10 to bluetooth devices. Where is the headset profile located?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I really like the plantronics voyager 510 for stuff like this because it can be paired with 2 seperate devices.

I'm on a mac so it's easy to use the headset for skype, IM video conferencing, etc. I believe I can set the default audio output to the headset if I wanted to listen to podcast or whatever. sure it would eat the battery quickly though.
    This can be done. You'll need to pair your BT headset with your computer. And the BT driver on your laptop will need to support BT as an Audio Gateway.

Unfortunately, the default Windows XP driver doesn't support this. Most of the USB dongle type USB adapters have additional software that support BT Audio Gateway. If you have a built-in BT adapter on your laptop, you are probably using the Windows XP bluetooth stack.

There are some alternative BT drivers that you can install in Windows XP that may allow generic BT devices. The "modified widcomm" (hint: search google) driver is an example to the Windows XP BT stack.
    has anybody been able to get this to work? using a laptop to be a headset for your treo ?
    Tell us about the Voyager 510 - can it be paired with two cell phones at the same time? If so, what happens when you are on the phone with and a call comes in on the 2nd phone.

Thanks.

Ben

[QUOTE=Arsman]I really like the plantronics voyager 510 for stuff like this because it can be paired with 2 seperate devices.