Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hey, all.

Some questions:

a) What do people use to backup their SIMs and/or copy data from the phone? What happens when you sync; do you get dupes on the PC/Mac? Is there also a way to put an application and the SIM data on the SD card, in case of phone reset traveling without a computer, etc.? I would think this would be useful.

b) What kind of storage container options are best for your home SIM when traveling? (I've used my wallet, but that seems iffy.) Preferably something slim and perhaps waterproof. I'm thinking zip-type plastic bag, but is there anything more elegant? Maybe fits in a travel wallet?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Anyone? Wrong forum?

thx.
    I would say some sort of static free bag like what a hard drive or other electronics come in.
    1) I don't backup. My SIM has 4 phone numbers on it -- home, office, office voice mail, and I forget what else. Is there some functionality I'm missing out on here?

2) I don't know where to find it but a buddy of mine who travels a lot has a little plastic thing the size and shape of a credit card that has 4 holes in it to hold SIM chips. It goes into his wallet. I want one. I'm going to ask him where he got it. He told me he bought the SIM chips at www.telestial.com but they don't have this thing for sale there. I'm afraid he's going to answer "Pakistan."
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Well, thanks for the write-up; that's really what I think would work well-- some kind of credit card-thingy. Makes it bigger so it's not hard to lose, but not bulkier, so it's not a PITA.

I just thought, if you had to change phones, then your contacts would be on your SIM... but if you sync anyway... OK, it was a stupid idea. :P
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hello, search engines!

http://www.proporta.com/search.php?q=SIM&button=Go

Geez, if I'd been hip enough in the first place, maybe I should put it in my wallet if it's this one:
    http://www.spyeyes.com/the_products/...el/Accessories
    Last edited by iomatic; 04/21/2006 at 06:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Surely there are more options available in the States? Anyone?

A credit card that snaps one in place?