Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That has got to be a personal record!

Last crash:
    4/9/06 at 12:25pm while running "<unknown application>"
    AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp, Line:458, Invalid Audio Profile

I've been using everything, including PocketTunes, TCPMP (to play DiVx MP4), Butler 3.53, VeriChat, VoiceDialIt, CallFilter, Camera, SMS, BackupMan (automated nightly backups!), DTG, Frodo, and a few others. Using a SanDisk 2GB UltraII card loaded with MP3 & MP4 files and apps. I also use a Motorola 805 BT headset frequently.

Simply, my Sprint Treo650 with 1.12 rom, since April 9 has been roaming (literally from Ohio to Minnesota, to California, to all over the Hawaiian Islands and back) and has not crashed!

Wow!

The last thing I remember doing was upgrading from Butler 3.51 to 3.53. Since then my Orange Voicemail LED indicator has ceased to function (a feature of Butler) but no crashes. That's a fair trade-off if you ask me!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    How can I see the details of crash logs? Thx, Sabesh.
    mines been crash free for about a month though I have mine set to reboot every night
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Yeah mine VERY rarely crashes, but I too have it rebooting in the middle of the night. dbCache gets too low otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn
    it depends on your carrier, but for t-mo you dial #*377.

the 377 in consistent with all carriers, just #* is different.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn
    a program called "crash-pro"
    you can get it here

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=50677

. My fav log is the following:

"Crash was casued by Crash 2.24 with error "Fatal Exception"
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Heck, I have got nothing more than 2 days recently. My problem though is the program I use throughout the day. When I do not run it, I have gotten one week. Ben
    3 for me in 14 months
    at least 5 crashes for me during day whenever I use back button to delete my sms.
    Gee tahkuct, don't do that I guess if it's that crashy?

I delete MMS when I get them in a convo after I save the image if I like to save ram, but otherwise I just purge them every so often.

Tip: To purge old bits of convos you have in chat mode, in the messaging prefs set it to never make conversations, then purge, then switch it back to your preferred method. I personally make all convo's Chats.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    3 for me in 14 months
    That is friggin' incredible. You and Perry need to tell the rest of us your secret. You guys sprinkling fairy dust on your Treos or something?

My Treo crashes about once every other day, and it's always because of Verichat. Too bad - for my needs - it's still the best chatting option around...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    19 days since the last crash. Basically it's stable as is and any crashes are due to 3rd party apps I'm trying out. I don't reboot at night. I occassionally don't have enough dbcache to run TomTom but opening and closing Blazer sorts that.
    He He...

Wait till you go 4 months without a crash. It's kinda like.......well sex for the first time. It's great.

Then you install a 3rd party app and then you have a crash. It's kinda like....well you feel like a dog that has been nuetered. Damn fustrating....

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Wait till you go 4 months without a crash. It's kinda like.......well sex for the first time. It's great.
    If only this were true...
    I can't remember the last time my Treo 650 crashed, and I use it A LOT.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Does your battery dying early Sunday morning count as a crash?

I've been crash free for about 6 months now.
    My Verizon Treo 650 hasn't crashed in months - I stopped using all resident email programs and all my troubles went away. Now I just access my email through Blazer and I lead a fairly trouble free life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    That is friggin' incredible. You and Perry need to tell the rest of us your secret. You guys sprinkling fairy dust on your Treos or something?
    Well I do take it to Fire Island once and a while

I think it's due to:

1. Preventative Maintenance
    2. No Push
    3. No system hacking programs

With PM I mean I "reboot" the Treo (soft reset or at least cache flush) once a week or before using a huge program (TomTom / EDGE) for any length of time. When TT or Edge runs for along time I find it can start getting slkuggish cause it makes repeated calls to the same data and the device just starts tripping over itself.

Push I thionk does the same thing ... it repeatedly goes and does a series of tasks and I think the device starts to lose minute bits of resources on each cycle till, if left long enough, it trips over itself.

Anything which tries to override something Palm "hard wired" into their OS I think has a chance of tripping over something unknown.

I have done no expereiments to prove my hypotheses just conclusions based upon who is complaining and who is not, what they are using and trying to make sense of it all.....call it an educated guess
    Most surveys show that about a third of Treo users have three or more crashes a day. I have most the same stuff I had on my Clie and the Treo crashes frequently.
    I have such stability envy!
    I get a reset or two a day. They appear to happen specifically when I run Blazer and have a low signal or when I send a SMS, likely with an attachment like a photo. Anyone with similar expericences?
    I am finishing my last course for my PhD this week so in a few days I will have ample time to do a hard reset and start fresh. Though I can't say I'm salivating at the thought.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast