1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Treo 650 and just got a 4gb SD card for it. As I did with my 512mb card, I popped it into the Treo, formatted it, removed it and put it in my Mac (OSX 10.4.6) to drag over music files & photos.

My problem is that the computer is seeing the card as Read Only and I can't add files from the Mac to the SD card. Reformatting the card in the Treo does nothing useful. I've read through quite a number of the threads here and haven't found any answers yet...however the Bluetooth DUN for Verizon is awesome, thanks Shadowmite!

So, any suggestions? Also, the card works in the Treo, only reads as 1.7GB instead of 4GB. I've read about the FAT32 issue, but wanted to figure this out before trying that.

Thanks in advance for the advice,
    ~jamie
    The "stock" Treo will NOT recognize 4gb cards w/o the custom ROM update to FAT32. That's why you are only "seeing" 1.7gb.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    There seems to be only one way to make SD formatting work. The choices are:

1. Format on Treo
    2. Format on Treo with Card Export II
    3. Format in PC card reader
    4. Get a differet PC card reader

So the big question is which one is correct and the unfortunate answer is they all are:

It seems that each user is only able to get one of the above to work, unfortunately we never know which one of the 4 will apply to each of us until we try it.
    for me, I just bought Sandisk and it worked immediately. No formatting required. And I found a reputable guy on eBay - so, I get a good deal on-em too!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin