1.    #1  
    This is not a big problem, but it's a consistent one. I'm on a Verizon Treo 600, using the latest beta and OWA. When a rich text message arrives via OWA and there's curly quotes in it, Chatter displays the quotes weirdly, as follows:

displays as [euro symbol]
    displays as [euro symbol][box]
    displays as [euro symbol]
    displays as [euro symbol][box]

For example, if someone were to send me the message Mary OBrien says hello, Chatter would display it as such:

Mary O[euro symbol]Brien says [euro symbol]hello[euro symbol][box]

Decipherable, yes, but pretty weird looking. The results are identical if I choose Chatter's option to view the HTML in Browser. This happens consistently with OWA, but I haven't seen it happen in my IMAP account (though it's possible that the mail server may convert the quotes over to plaintext first... not sure).

Thanks.... Jesse
    Last edited by jberman; 04/20/2006 at 11:17 PM.
    That's pretty friggin' weird...

Sorry I can't help.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I also think it's more likely caused by the server. It might not have the right encoding for those messages.

I had similar problem in the popup, but the message view is OK.
  4.    #4  
    The messages look fine on my IMAP server... it's only Chatter that displays them oddly.
    Yeah, it's Chatter. Do you have the latest beta?
  6.    #6  
    Yup, 1.1.5.2b15/u100:x51:m15:O.85

Thank you....
  7.    #7  
    I just realized that there's actually a newer beta. I just installed it and am still getting weird characters:

This is a 'test' of the "quotes" problem

... comes through as ...

This is a test of the quotes problem