1.    #1  
    New to Treo (Sprint, Treo 650). Twice now, versamail has simply stopped working for no apparent reason. The first time, I hard reset the Treo and completely reinstalled all Palm software (a lot of work to make sure that I kept the apps I wanted for reinstalling). Now it has happened again-- right after I reloaded doxtogo (which didn't seem to be working). It won't find my server and times out.
    I have searched through the forum and tried to delete multimail files (creator asc3 or asc4) but a lot of the files that other posts say to delete filez says are in ROM and can't be deleted.
    I am at my whit's end. Anybody have any ideas?
    VersaFAIL is prone to so many problems, its just not worth using. If email on your Treo is a critical issue for you, do yourself a favor and look into Chatter Email.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Check Your Incoming/outigoing Addressers. Outgoing Should Be Something Like mail.smtp.sprint.com (perry Had It In A Recent Post With It) Outgoing Depends on your mail provider. Which E-mail Service Are You using? I'd Lookup the info, but I'm on my flip phone at work (slow night)
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  4.    #4  
    I am learning that. I downloaded chatter and tried the free version. It doesn't seem to want to connect to my imap server either!!?? I am about ready to give up. BTW-- since I posted the first message in this thred, I found how to delete the asc3 and 4 files using filez (must have had ROM checked before). Did it, set up my account again-- same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 024231
    I am learning that. I downloaded chatter and tried the free version. It doesn't seem to want to connect to my imap server either!!?? I am about ready to give up. BTW-- since I posted the first message in this thred, I found how to delete the asc3 and 4 files using filez (must have had ROM checked before). Did it, set up my account again-- same problem.
    Either your Treo is not connected to the network (is it showing grey <or green> arrows above the signal meter?)

Or your email settings are incorrect.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What email service are you using (Exchange, gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)?

What are your settings for incoming and outgoing mail?

I've been using Versamail for 6 mos. without any problem (after initial setup).
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    I had a time getting Versamail set-up at first also. Go here (Palm Support) and see if this helps. Also, try setting up your accounts on the desktop (and do not check the "Sync Outgoing Mail" box) and then transfer to the Treo. Mine is working perfectly now - no flaws at all.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  8.    #8  
    Insertion- I have Green arrows. Also, I believe the e-mail settings are correct. I know the server names are correct (I am connecting to my work e-mail server - IMAP, no SSL or ESTMP boxes checked)-- at least they worked before.

bubbatex- I'll try your suggestions. I have tried setting up my mail on the Palm desktop. Didn't help. Also, Palm pulls an IP address from my Outlook account and puts it in the server name. Have tried that and have tried going back to my known server name (i.e., name.us.server.etc.com).

Here's the kicker. Within the Palm desktop versamail tool (I actually sync calendar and contacts with outlook), when I "test" my settings-- it works. Sends a message to my outlook in box. Futhermore, when I send a test e-mail from my Treo, it also works!!?? First it says it can't connect to the server, and then when I hit OK, it goes ahead and sends.

Just can connect to the server either when an autosync happens or when I initiate a get.

I imagine a lot of this is due to me being a Newbie. I *truly* appreciate you'all trying to help. If you have any other suggestions, I'll be looking. Thanks again.
    It also might have something to do with using a proprietary server.