1.    #1  
    I am having a weird problem with my backlight function. When I set it up in the Power pref, I set the light to stay on for 3 minutes. For a while it will do this. Then, out of the blue, it goes out at 30 seconds. The pref is still set at 3 minutes. Then, if I do a soft reset, it will run for 3 min for a while, and then revert to 30 sec.

I had a similar problem with the previous Treo. Because our company's contract changed from a blue SIM to the orange SIM, we ended up getting new phones. So I used BackupBuddy VFS, and swapped into the new phone via my SD card. Everything works exactly the same. Thank you Blue Nomad!

The backlight problem is also reproduced.

Since it came from one phone to another, I think it might be a software/pref problem. Is there a pref I can delete and "reset" somehow?

I'd like to get it back up and running properly.

Thanks,

Roger
    Last edited by rscow; 04/20/2006 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Change model info/signatgure
    Cingular Treo 650
    FW 01.51 SW Treo650-1.b17-CNG
    Mac OSX.4.6
    You could always try out AlwaysOn. It's freeware that allows you to keep your backlight on as long as you like.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You could always try out AlwaysOn. It's freeware that allows you to keep your backlight on as long as you like.
    AlwaysOn is disabled (i.e. turned off) when alarms from DateBk[5/6] occur on the Treo 600. After every appointment notification, I have to go back and reset my AlwaysOn setting!

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    AlwaysOn is disabled (i.e. turned off) when alarms from DateBk[5/6] occur on the Treo 600. After every appointment notification, I have to go back and reset my AlwaysOn setting!

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Sorry, I can't help you out there. I use Agendus.

From my experience any backlight problem is usually pretty random and don't seem to last for long. I had a similar problem several months ago that lasted less than a day, and just seemed to go away after that. I don't know what caused it, or what caused it to go away. Very strange.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?