Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way to turn on my phone if my buttens are locked?!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    Is there any way to turn on my phone if my buttens are locked?!!!!
    Locked? Define locked...
  3.    #3  
    none of them work just touch screen
    Have you tried a hard reset?
  5.    #5  
    none of them work just touch screen.. some kind of a glitch
  6.    #6  
    not yet don't have time ..probably tonight. just need phone now !
    Go to the web and it should ask if you want to turn on the phone (or it should turn on automatically if you have checked to never ask you to turn on the phone when it needs to be turned on).
  8.    #8  
    Yes!great idea
  9.    #9  
    It Worked !!!!! I Love You Madly !! Thanks
  10.    #10  
    Ha!now I can't get out of Web!
    My keypad stops working sometimes, and if I remove and reinstall the battery they will work again.

A soft reset does nothing for this for me at least, and a hard reset is impossible since the red power button doesnt work.

pull the battery and wait 10-15 seconds and see if they work again.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin17
    My keypad stops working sometimes, and if I remove and reinstall the battery they will work again.

A soft reset does nothing for this for me at least, and a hard reset is impossible since the red power button doesnt work.

pull the battery and wait 10-15 seconds and see if they work again.
    thanks for the great advice! Removing the battery got the keys working . I wonder why it froze now, and will it again ?!Think its time to slim down my sotware and stay lean and mean till the new "hollypodlifedrive" comes around !
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    thanks for the great advice! Removing the battery got the keys working . I wonder why it froze now, and will it again ?!Think its time to slim down my sotware and stay lean and mean till the new "hollypodlifedrive" comes around !
    Did you battery seem hot when you took it out, I notice that if I remove the battery immediately after the keys locking up the battery i really hot.

I do also belive that it is a hardware issue and not a software one.
    This happens to me in bunches... then won't happen again for weeks. No software changes. Two folks in the office have the same issue, one on Verizon the other on Cingular.

If you Google "T650 +freeze" you'll get hundreds of hits. Seems as though this is a pervasive issue.

I've determined a few things:
    -- doesn't seem to be software related, since the problem can present itself even after a hard reset with no third part software.
    -- in some cases it was related to a defective SIM card tray on Sprint, but this doesn't explain the others.
    -- sometimes reinserting the SIM card clears it up.
    -- disabling "enable local network time" doesn't clear it up.
    -- resetting it will clear the issue, but it often happens soon after that again.

Anecdotal: this only happens when at work, never anywhere else. So, is it an issue with particular towers and/or reception areas?

In any event, I haven't yet seen or heard a "fix" on any discussion board. Verizon tech support was, of course, completely useless.... "do a hard reset and don't load any third party apps" . If I did that I might as well just get a basic cell phone that works all the time.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    "-- in some cases it was related to a defective SIM card tray on Sprint, but this doesn't explain the others."

But Sprint does not have a SIM card - is there a "SIM tray" buried inside the Sprint Treo? Just curious. Thanks.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    only GSM Treos have SIM trays
    that's what I thought - but I don't always think "right"!

Thanks.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  18.    #18  
    well I googled t650 freeze now Im really confused ! so; to add to the mess of W/Gooses..Geese,I had my Cingular 650 for a year before my first key-freeze
    had just downloaded update to zlauncher earlier morning "hmmmm was zipping through preferences don't think I changed any..... Oh **** it just froze again ! I failed to mention/note that it jumps to Slap when It freezes....O.K. back to work.... Nice to know that I'm not alone up my treo tree
  19.    #19  
    now removing battery doesn't unlock keys . soft reset--still stuck...interesting...can't do a hard reset without keys.....
  20.    #20  
    WoW!! somehow I was able to do a hard reset ..now I have a lame virgin treo with frozen keys ...don't go there.......guess I'll call support..sheeesss!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast