1.    #1  
    I got a message last week from someone who had also sent me an email the week before. In place of her correct reply, I got the reply from the previous week (but with the right subject). I know the message was sent okay because I have two distinct emails in Thunderbird, but the same message in two places in chatter. What's up?
    You're hurting my brain! I'm not sure I understand the circumstance... Is this IMAP or POP3, btw?

Marc
    Sometimes in summary view, I will get an old message (several weeks old) moved into the #1 message spot. Lately this has been an old message (pop) that I have locked on the treo in chatter. If I go to the message and return to summary, all message reappear in the correct order.

Was this what was happening? Was the message showing up in summary view?
    Yes, this happens at odd times; I've had no luck in tracking it down.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Pop3.

Let me try again. Two weeks ago I sent a message to Bill asking:
    Subject: What's up?
    Hey Bill, what's up?
    And I got a reply
    Subject: Re: What's up?
    Nothing. Everything's swell.
    And then yesterday I wrote:
    Subject: Bowling
    Hey Bill, I'm going bowling today. Want to come?
    And I got the reply:
    Subject: Re: Bowling

See how the response to the first message got transplanted into the reply of the second message?
    When I get home, I check Thunderbird and the second email from Bill looks like this:
    No, I can't. I need to have emergency hair transplant surgery, but they haven't found a donor yet. The doctor told me you are a match, though. Please meet me at the hospital. Otherwise I will die.
    ahhh... i see now. I haven't seen that problem though. By the way, Bill seems to have more problems than you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Pop3.

Let me try again. Two weeks ago I sent a message to Bill asking:
    Subject: What's up?
    Hey Bill, what's up?
    And I got a reply
    Subject: Re: What's up?
    And then yesterday I wrote:
    Subject: Bowling
    Hey Bill, I'm going bowling today. Want to come?
    And I got the reply:

See how the response to the first message got transplanted into the reply of the second message?
    When I get home, I check Thunderbird and the second email from Bill looks like this:
    No, I can't. I need to have emergency hair transplant surgery, but they haven't found a donor yet. The doctor told me you are a match, though. Please meet me at the hospital. Otherwise I will die.

Oh dear lord. This Bill guy sounds like a hoot. What's his email addy?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    The only thing like this I've ever seen (and it's fixed in the latest few beta's) is a confusion that can happen with HTML messages if the HTML "attachment" (Chatter internally handles an HTML part as an attachment) is deleted manually (either from RAM or card, depending on whether the box is a RAM or card box).

Marc
  9.    #9  
    That might be it. Both messages are sent as an HTML.txt attachment (Yahoo Mail).
    Yeah, this shouldn't happen with the latest versions.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Sometimes in summary view, I will get an old message (several weeks old) moved into the #1 message spot. Lately this has been an old message (pop) that I have locked on the treo in chatter. If I go to the message and return to summary, all message reappear in the correct order.
    I've been seeing this exact problem for a few weeks but I don't think the old message has been locked. I've been upgrading to the latest beta versions as they come out but haven't seen the problem go away.

In my case, I believe the old message that keeps popping up near the top of the summary view happens to be the oldest message from my POP3 account (I have another POP3 account and 2 IMAP accounts).