1.    #1  
    I have been testing TreoAlarm and I find that I am mainly using it for the auto on/off feature. Weather is nice to have but not a necessity and I can use the Treo built in alarm for waking up if needed. So, as my test period comes to an end, I am looking for an alternative that does not cost $18.50. It looks like TreoGuard is a very reasonably priced alternative. Does the on/off feature work well? Any other comments? Thanks!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Profiles? it's freeware!
  3.    #3  
    thanks - but Profiles does not do what I want - and auto on/off for the radio.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    The things I find valuable for TA is 8 separate alarms.

One to wake me up on weekdays
    One to wake me up on weekends
    One to wake me up early for "ferry" days.
    Turn radio on / off at different tomes weekday versus weekend.
    Turn on radio after reset.
  5.    #5  
    That's great, Jack. I am glad the full functionality is worth it for you. However, it's not for me. I have plenty of other devices that wake me when I need to.

I found TreoHelper which does exactly what I need - automatically turn on in the morning and off at night. It is programmable for each day of the week and it is freeware!
    TreoAlarm remains fully functional after trial period expires.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    To answer the question, TreoGuard works very well.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    I have been testing TreoAlarm and I find that I am mainly using it for the auto on/off feature. Weather is nice to have but not a necessity and I can use the Treo built in alarm for waking up if needed. So, as my test period comes to an end, I am looking for an alternative that does not cost $18.50. It looks like TreoGuard is a very reasonably priced alternative. Does the on/off feature work well? Any other comments? Thanks!
    TreoAlarm is $18.50 now?!?! Ay Carumba!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    thanks - but Profiles does not do what I want - and auto on/off for the radio.
    But you CAN make it do that. Go to "Triggers" and you will find various
    options; Plugged-In, TimeOfDay etc... And you can make it default to
    what you want after time-out.

Under Profiles->Phone you have "Radio State" - Don't Set, On & Off

- mvk
    Game over!