1.    #1  
    I cannot take all the credit for this find just enhancing it.. Bill Gamble got me on the track

Here is his post

Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    The Favorites that you create yourself will have the delete button; those that come pre-installed, such as Contacts or Voicemail, will not.

To delete a pre-installed Favorite, install FileZ, select the PhoneFavorites file (PhoneFavorites2DB) and choose Item/Edit from the menu. Delete whichever records you're concerned with - I believe Contacts is record 0 and Voicemail is record 1 - select View first to be sure.

Bill this is excellent info!!!

I have further discovered you can edit the hard coded buttons to say whatever you like!!! not just delete them...

Go to any editable button and make it do what you like.. Test it and make sure it works...then go into the FileZ and Edit/View it there..

Make a note of the EXACT format. Every character must be exact.

then go to the hard hard button you want to look like this and edit it with the info

If there are need fewer characters use the Delete button. When you close it make sure you hit the APPLY ATTR button to write it.

NOW, here is the tricky part..
    The 2nd Byte on the top line determines WHAT button position you assign it to.

The format is like this.

Position 0 (00) Position 1 (01)
    Position 2 (02) Position 3 (03)
    Position 4 (04) Position 5 (05)
    Position 6 (06) Position 7 (07)
    Position 8 (08) Position 9 (09)

etc.....

If you need to remove extra characters use the Delete button. When you close it make sure you hit the APPLY ATTR button to write it.

New Update!!!! Also found out that the 4th Byte "LOCKS" the Hard Coded Buttons...This is what determines if you see the "Delete" option and the ability to change the Type, Label, etc...

You will see a 23 (#) in the 4th position. If you want to lock your newly created buttons.. Put a 23 in that postion. If you want to unlock ALL of them, including the Hard Ones, Put a 00 in that place..
    Good job, figuring all that out, blackvette!
    Game over!
    I found that the value at offset 3 controlled unlocked (00) or locked (1B) status. Perhaps offset3=1B vs offset4=23 to lock is a GSFC vs CDMA thing??

Also, offset 2 controls display of Quick Key as letter or number/symbol. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75226.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    I found that the value at offset 3 controlled unlocked (00) or locked (1B) status. Perhaps offset3=1B vs offset4=23 to lock is a GSFC vs CDMA thing??

Also, offset 2 controls display of Quick Key as letter or number/symbol. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75226.

Yeah it's the same position.. if you count from 0... what I meant is 4 Places over.. but you are correct.. offset 3...
    Actually on my GSM phone Offset 7 is the Quick Key letter..

For example I have a quick Weather update key for Blazer.. The letter is W. in position 7 there is a 65 (w)

Edit....

Just reread what you posted.. I see what you are saying.. Offset 2 determines Character or symbol.. i.e. weather it sees E or 1 (same key)

Man and here I thought I was a genius and you did this last year...

Last edited by blackvette; 04/20/2006 at 10:24 PM.