1.    #1  
    Can I set my Treo 650 to keep the data on its screen until I turn it off myself? I never have enough time to write things down before it turns itself off and I have to do the search or lookup all over again. TIA.
    1. You should read the manual sections on screen and button usage.

2. If the screen goes dark, all the info is still there, as long as you hit the right button to turn it back on. Again see note 1 above. You should be hitting the red button to turn screen on w/o losing screen info.

3. Tap the screen or the 5 way every 25 seconds or so and it will stay on (with timer set to 30 seconds)
    Actually there is no way (that I know of) to keep the screen on indefinitely without 3rd party apps.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Actually there is no way (that I know of) to keep the screen on indefinitely without 3rd party apps.
    When I play Soduku or EDGE, I just make sure I tap screen or 5 way it every 25 seconds or so....I mean I am doing that anyway most of the time in order to play but if I contemplating something, I just try and remember the ocacssional tap.
    Yeah, there's a third-party app you can use that will keep the screen on constantly(until you manually turn it off anyway), but you can also set your screen to automatically turn off after 2 minutes in the preferences. If you're losing your data every time your screen goes off there's a bigger problem at hand. And like Jack says, all you have to do to turn the screen back on and pick up where you left off is hit the red power button. You might wanna try a soft reset if you're really losing your data every time the screen goes off. Let us know how it goes.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    You should go over to MTDN and download AlwaysOn. It's freeware and works very well with no problems on my trouble free Sprint/T650.

you can set AlwaysOn to keep the screen on from 30 seconds to stay on indefinately. (never turn off)

I have mine set to stay on for 15 minutes then turn off. I never have to keep tapping a button to keep the screen on.

Chuck
    My always on is always off . Are there any ways to keep it on always ?
    Try Reconfig
    When I am browsing with Blazer and moving between pages, my screen turns itself off after 30 secs following the setting in Prefs > Power > Auto-Off After which is set to 30 Secs. is anyone elese experiencing this.. Any settings that will prevent this behavior...

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by cullal
    When I am browsing with Blazer and moving between pages, my screen turns itself off after 30 secs following the setting in Prefs > Power > Auto-Off After which is set to 30 Secs. is anyone elese experiencing this.. Any settings that will prevent this behavior...

In order to conserve battery power, your device is designed to turn itself off after a period of inactivity (that is, it detects no taps on the screen or buttons). So, there is no way that you can change or disable auto -off setting. However, you can change auto-off time to 3 minutes(maximum time). Or you can use a third party application..
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    I'll give it a try Thanks !
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!