Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Anyone order the Telenav bundle and care to comment on it? Thanks...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. #22  
    <moved>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #23  
    Yes I have it and love it. Havent really explored the entire functionality of it, but navigation is awesome.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    Are you sure that the GPS unit in this deal isn't handicapped somehow to require the Telenav software to work?

    Jason
    No. I also use the receiver with Earthcomber and my PPC 6700.
  5. 4ster's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #25  
    I tried it and liked it, but returned it because I did not like how it relied on my phone having a signal, and I did not like the monthly fee. It does work very well and has a gorgeous interface.

    I returned it and went with TomTom, and I have to say, I am underwhelmed right now. My town has about 1,500 households, but eight (!) subdivisions do not show up on the TomTom maps.

    So I guess it is a tradeoff, but TeleNav is really worth a try, and the receiver it comes with is 'smarvelous.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  6. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster
    I tried it and liked it, but returned it because I did not like how it relied on my phone having a signal, and I did not like the monthly fee.
    Were you required to return the receiver when you cancelled the service? I was under the impression that it is mine even if I cancel the service.

    Jason
  7. #27  
    If you buy the 6-month, $60 promotion and don't ask for a refund, then the receiver is indeed yours to keep.

    I got mine (the promotional package) a few days ago. The Telenav application itself is very nice and the GPS receiver is impressive (works sitting in my glove compartment). Sometimes it takes the Treo a little encouragement to find the receiver. The application is mostly 5-way friendly, but there have been a few times where I've had to use the stylus (or at least haven't figured out how to do what I want without the stylus).

    I hate recurring costs and will probably cancel my subscription after 6 months and buy TomTom (sorry, Telenav). But if I wasn't so opposed to recurring expenses I would probably keep it based upon what I've seen so far.

    To me it makes a lot more sense to upgrade my ROM to support 4GB cards and buy a 4GB card to contain TomTom data plus lots of other data.
  8. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #28  
    I've been playing with the BT-339 receiver and the Telenav software for a few days. Seems to work ok. Has anyone tried using this receiver with any other software? I've tried some free stuff that is out there and the receiver refuses to get a 3D lock or report any satellite information. It gets latitude and longitude just fine but never an altitude. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is there any recommended software that shows the technical aspects of the GPS receiver's satellite fix?

    Thanks-
    Jason
  9. #29  
    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/bt338.php

    according to that review, the "free" BT GPS receiver included with the 6 month Telenav bundle is based on the SiRFstarIII architecture and according to the review is very highly recommended...


    I just bought my 6 month telenav bundle
  10. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamstew
    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/bt338.php

    according to that review, the "free" BT GPS receiver included with the 6 month Telenav bundle is based on the SiRFstarIII architecture and according to the review is very highly recommended...


    I just bought my 6 month telenav bundle
    How are you getting the six month bundle? When I tried to sign up on their site it's just 30 days free and like $80 for the BT GPS recevier.

    Joe
  11. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    How are you getting the six month bundle? When I tried to sign up on their site it's just 30 days free and like $80 for the BT GPS recevier.

    Joe
    looks like the promo is over
  12. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #32  
    Make sure you are signing up with SprintPCS service for the promo. The one month free deal sounds like the Nextel deal.
  13. #33  
    TeleNav is great. You must be in range and receiving Data however. I am never out of Data range so it works super for me. And a free GPS receiver-how do you beat that? Great intro to GPS.
  14. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #34  
    I think the promo is over. Oh well.

    Joe
  15. nerual96's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #35  
    Sorry if this has been asked previously, but do you need to install IBM Java to the Treo from the T650 Install CD for this to work?
  16. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96
    Sorry if this has been asked previously, but do you need to install IBM Java to the Treo from the T650 Install CD for this to work?
    No. All you do is to install the TeleNav App.

    gottago...
  17. #37  
    yeah, it definitely looks like the promo is over...now the receiver costs $89.99...which is still an excellent deal.
  18. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    I've been playing with the BT-339 receiver and the Telenav software for a few days. Seems to work ok. Has anyone tried using this receiver with any other software? I've tried some free stuff that is out there and the receiver refuses to get a 3D lock or report any satellite information. It gets latitude and longitude just fine but never an altitude. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is there any recommended software that shows the technical aspects of the GPS receiver's satellite fix?

    Thanks-
    Jason
    For those using the BT-339 and TeleNav, have you been able to use the receiver with other software? I tried it with Inteligolf and while the Treo connects to the BT-339 the software will not recognize the reciever.

    Anybody else?
  19. #39  
    telenav is super. works great and with free GPS unit it's a great value-especially if you factor in updated maps.
  20. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    For those using the BT-339 and TeleNav, have you been able to use the receiver with other software? I tried it with Inteligolf and while the Treo connects to the BT-339 the software will not recognize the reciever.

    Anybody else?
    I use it with TomTom with no issues
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions