1.    #1  
    Is anyone looking into Verizonifying the Sprint 700P. I don't want the Windows version, and I am not sure if it will have the same power/sync connection as the 650. If it does, I can do it myself. Already have the adapter.

But I hope someone is looking into this.
    I'm no engineer, but I think the thing would have to be released first before you can experiment on it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I believe Verizon shut that process down on the 650 thru ESN verification. I would imagine they will do the same on the 700P. One rumor I heard had the 700P coming out on both networks at the same time, I might bet no more than $0.25 on that though.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/19/2006 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I'm no engineer, but I think the thing would have to be released first before you can experiment on it.
    LMFAO! Made my morning!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    It sure is fun to speculate though, isn't it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I believe Verizon shut that process down on the 650 thru ESN verification. I would imagine they will do the same on the 700P. One rumor I heard had the 700P coming out on both networks at the same time, I might bet no more than $0.25 on that though.

Cheers, Perry.

I wonder Perry if with the new memory updater from Palm for the 700W (will the 700W be more attractive or still a memory hog)?

Now if the 700W had say 128-256 k of memory it might be easier to accept? Oh well Hope Palm releases our Sprint devices soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I wonder Perry if with the new memory updater from Palm for the 700W (will the 700W be more attractive or still a memory hog)?

Now if the 700W had say 128-256 k of memory it might be easier to accept? Oh well Hope Palm releases our Sprint devices soon!

128-256mb (vs. k) I assume.

Most likely! What good is a multi-tasking OS if your unit slows to a crawl due to lack of memory? Takes me back to my 386SX Desktop PC days.

But I would still go PalmOS this go around. I have 10 years of PalmOS knowledge and purchased applications. I do not want to invest the time nor money to change. I have two other PalmOS devices to "support" in this house and I am like those corporate IT guys -- don't want to do two!
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/03/2006 at 08:01 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    NO DUH.... but when the 650 was on the way, shadowmite was already looking into what might be able to be done with it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Cheers, Perry.
    The whole thing with the ESN verification is that you make them think it is an older phone. NOT a TREO. It still works...

Who cares if they call your phone something else.
    Anyone know if I can use it as a boat?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Anyone know if I can use it as a boat?
    ...but only on Lake Whinealittleboutnotreo in the early summer.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I bet you could get a 700P working on Verizon with a Radio out of a 700W.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    The whole thing with the ESN verification is that you make them think it is an older phone. NOT a TREO. It still works...

Who cares if they call your phone something else.
    Yeah thats great but guess what? When you lose your phone and want Verizon to send you a new phone...they pull up your profile on their screen and say "hey! you dont have a treo! the replacement we are sending you is a ......Motorola 60c!"

I bet you'll care then.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    I think most people will just buy the 700p from verizon 2 weeks later.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I bet you could get a 700P working on Verizon with a Radio out of a 700W.
    Maybe...it might work.

I know I tried a radio out of a 56 Buick, but the only thing that did was mess up my P key.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Maybe...it might work.

I know I tried a radio out of a 56 Buick, but the only thing that did was mess up my P key.
    LOL!
    If there is no rom links then no one can try it?