1.    #1  
    Quick question...I took a few vids with the built-in camcorder function and while they play in Firefox (if I upload them) they will not play properly in WMP, bsplayer, Media Player Classic, etc.

I understand that the .3g2 movies are a specific type of mp4 video but I've had a hell of a time converting them to more common avi/mpeg/etc videos with intact sound. Every now and then I get some good clips that I want to share via YouTube or edit together on my pc but I'm either missing a codec or some other bit of software because conversion always results in bad vids or ones without sound.

Has anyone had experience with a good (pref. free) program to re-encode these videos to a more common format with video and audio intact? There are a ton of 3gp/3g2/etc conversion programs out there but even after trying 4 or 5 of the more popular ones I'm at a loss. Someone beside me must have had this question before.
    Apple Quicktime should play these.
    Have you tried SUPER?
    Miksoft Mobile Media converter http://www.miksoft.net/mobileMediaConverter.htm or Mobile 3gp converter. Its basically a shell over ffmpeg with the proper codecs added (eg. AMR).
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Miksoft Mobile Media converter http://www.miksoft.net/mobileMediaConverter.htm or Mobile 3gp converter. Its basically a shell over ffmpeg with the proper codecs added (eg. AMR).
    It's exactly what I'm looking for but unfortunately it will not convert .3g2 files.
    I also tried ffmpeg on Linux. It did not understand the codec.
    Obscura
    I use Quicktime (well, Quicktime Alternative for Media Player Classic) to view the videos in their native .3g2 format. I think I once found an application to convert the files to .avi or .mpg, but they became MUCH larger and wasn't really worth it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I was able to successfully upload a video to YouTube without having to convert it first. This will work for sharing videos with family and friends.
    Obscura
    I really want to be able to upload short video clips to our YouTube channel for CES next week. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda