1.    #1  
    Hi all

I purchased a Treo650 over the weekend...already in love with it. Tried reading through the thick encyclopedia that came with it....figured you guys could give me some shortcuts...

I am with Sprint, and I am trying to assign different ringtones for different callers...according to the manual, the only way I can do this is if I create a favorites button.....is that true? It seems crazy to do it that way...is there another way to do it.

Also, this is an upgrade for me, on my other phone, Sprint offered way more ringtone choices....I'm using some from 3gforfree.com now, but even they have a limited number of songs.....is there anyway that I can make my own ringtones from mp3's to use on the Treo 650?

I have so many more questions....but those are the basics...still trying to feel my way around....thanks!
    Welcome to TreoCentral! I am new here as well, but you will find numerous members here that can offer you insight. I am currently learning and read up myself. Congrats on your new purchase!!
    I have recorded my own ringtones, which I llike to use. Also you can buy software to facilitate using mp3's.

It's amazing how many people get worked up over something like ringtones. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    Thanx! :-) There is soooo much to learn..just installed the cd that came with my phone...trying to feel my way around. I can't wait til I know what I'm actually doing...lol.
  5.    #5  
    Gotta have my ringtones....:-)
    To use the mp3 ringtones, you will need third party softwares. This is covered on the TC forum numerous times. I am using Ringo right now and I love that software. Or you can try Mring or lightwav(which crash my treo). There are some other as well. So this is phone part.
    To make your own mp3 is you will need to work on pc. Use audicity to cut the mp3 and then send to your phone. As simple as that.

**You have to research for the details though.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Get yourself an SD card, I lucked up and picked up a 256 mb at wally world for less than $20, but you will need the extra space for mp3's, which can take up a LOT of space.

Welcome to TreoCentral!
    Or you could just record you own ringtones by going to preferences -->sounds & alerts --> 'tones'. Then hit the 'new' button and record away.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?