Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Now that I have installed the bbc I can no longer send sms messages. Says to check my sim card to see if it is dmanged or missing. I have tmo. This happens with the bbc service on or off.
    I can't even get it to provision on T-Mobile, and I have the BlackBerry enterprise Add-on and unlimited interent.
    T-Mobile working fine here...plus one for a co-worker...
    Hi all. I am on Cingular, with an Unlocked GSM Treo 650 and an unlimited data plan. I downloaded and installed the BlackBerryConnect software, and after 2 installs it seems to be ok. When I go into Email -> Preferences -> Blackberry -> Main I just see GSM Connecting. I am properly setup on our BES so I know I am ok there. If I click reset from the treo, then try to register, I still am stuck at GSM Connecting. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Michael
    <merged>

MichaelW, try your questions on this thread.
    Everything works for me with this, too (Sprint), but I have noticed one thing..

In the phone app, I had it set to search my Contacts when I started dialing. But if it didn't find the person, it would then switch to dialing the number...

Now, it doesn't seem to do that. If I start typing, it will show the letters, and then never 'switch over' to dialing a number instead.

Anyone have this issue too?
  7.    #167  
    Nice find Mr. Coffee.. I too have that problem now.

Maybe thats why Sprint is taking 2.5 years to release it!!!

(or maybe they're just greedy a-holes.)
    I was able to fix this, by using Filez to move the file Contacts-PAdd.prc to my memory card, for safekeeping..

I tried adding a new user in Outlook Contacts, and then sync'ed, and it showed up fine.. I would have thought it might have broken that, but it seems to work.

The dialing now works the way it used to, but of course, who knows what it broke..
  9. JJL
    This may be a dumb question but how does this work to register your device? Here is my situation. I work for a very large co. that only supports BB through BES and Lotus Notes. If I register for the service, I have to provide them with the carrier and device I plan to use and then they will provision my Lotus Notes account for BB. Currently, Treo is not supported. If I tell them I have a Blackberry device that is supported, and they provision my account, will this work, or will they know I am not using the device I say I am?

Thanks a lot.
  10.    #170  
    mr coffee- does your auto complete still work when composing in BBC?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    mr coffee- does your auto complete still work when composing in BBC?
    You mean as far as the email addresses go? Yes.. And I even tried doing a 'remote lookup' with my Corporate Contacts, and that still works.
  12.    #172  
    Thanks!! That fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL
    This may be a dumb question but how does this work to register your device? Here is my situation. I work for a very large co. that only supports BB through BES and Lotus Notes. If I register for the service, I have to provide them with the carrier and device I plan to use and then they will provision my Lotus Notes account for BB. Currently, Treo is not supported. If I tell them I have a Blackberry device that is supported, and they provision my account, will this work, or will they know I am not using the device I say I am?

Thanks a lot.
    JJL, most true BlackBerry handhelds pass their asset information (i.e. hardware type, software version, etc) to the BES. This functionality does not appear to be supported by either 1) the BBC client or 2) the BES software version I am running. I do not see asset information for my Treo on the BES admin client, like I normally would.

So no, your IT dept will not know it is a Treo, but they will know it is not standard, RIM-branded BB hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW
    Hi all. I am on Cingular, with an Unlocked GSM Treo 650 and an unlimited data plan. I downloaded and installed the BlackBerryConnect software, and after 2 installs it seems to be ok. When I go into Email -> Preferences -> Blackberry -> Main I just see GSM Connecting. I am properly setup on our BES so I know I am ok there. If I click reset from the treo, then try to register, I still am stuck at GSM Connecting. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Michael
    I think you are having the same problem most of us on Cingular is having. It appears that Cingular is blocking Blackberry functionality on their traditional data plans. I called in, and I have seen others call in as well, to ask if there is any technical limitation to pulling out my SIM and putting it in a Blackberry. The answer was that I must have a Blackberry data plan for that to work.

Bummer, I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    You need a BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the back end, so no, you cannot use the BB Web Client to forward your AOL mail to your Treo 650. Stick with Chatter.

no desktop redirector??
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    no desktop redirector??
    The Palm BB Connect site is pretty specific about it requiring a BES on the back end.

Likewise the RIM BB Connect for T650 site. It says specifically that the T650 BB Connect and BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) do not work and play well together.
    I absolutely, positively cannot get BBC to work on my T-Mobile Treo 650. I get teh BBC account set up on my device, but it will not generate a PIN, or download service books from Mailstreet. The conduit and desktop software install, but I get a message that it cannot communicate with the device, and to make sure that the Blackberry software is running on the device, and that it is connected. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. The Blackberry plans are active on T-Mobile and Mailstreet.
    Could the fact that I have a custom ROM be a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Absolutely. My carrier (Rogers Wireless) appears to do just that, in fact. I didn't have connectivity to RIM until I changed my plan from regular data to a BB data plan. I'm assuming this is because my account did not have a BB-specific data SOC previously. I don't know if it would keep the BB data SOC flag if I moved back to a regular data plan, or whether the Rogers guys would remove it.

I wouldn't worry about it until a lot more devices become BB Connect-enabled, though. The number of users who are willing to struggle through the setup process (and the number of large IT depts willing to support them in doing so) is going to be small for a while.
    Chris, I've had to call Rogers before to have what used to be a data plan for a 600 converted to a BB plan when I switched to a BB legitimately. Now that I have a 650 I'm back off the BB plan. Will Rogers give me any grief or ask me what model BB I have when I call them to convert to the BB plan now I want to try BBC? I'm curious specifically about your experience with them as we're in the same locale!
    Last edited by CovKid66; 04/27/2006 at 09:34 PM.
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
    Has anyone on Verizon had any luck? Either with plan changes or adding a new net connection? I have been unsuccessful at actual connection even with vpn.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast