Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    We use Lotus Notes at the office, so that is how I installed BBC. After the install, I tried re-enabling the Outlook Calendar sync to Desktop overwrites Handheld to see if I could get my personal calendar to sync and it either would not do it at all or the BBC conduit went in and overwrote it afterward.

Any solutions for using the Outlook calendar sync with BBC. It looks like the BBC software updated the calendar app? It says v. 1.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    No it brings me to email set up. Any ideas on how to fix it. The pin number and policies are all in place on the BES server as I have access to it.
    I would recommend deleting the Versa account portion of the BBC before reinstalling.

On your T650 go to E-mail > Accounts > Account Setup, select the BBC account and select the Delete button. Your T650 will ask for a reset following the account deletion.

Then on your desktop go to Start > All Programs > Palm > Set Up BlackBerry Connect. It will run you through the entire install process, including installing the .prcs to the handheld (first sync) to the desktop manager install and enterprise activation (second sync).
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    We use Lotus Notes at the office, so that is how I installed BBC. After the install, I tried re-enabling the Outlook Calendar sync to Desktop overwrites Handheld to see if I could get my personal calendar to sync and it either would not do it at all or the BBC conduit went in and overwrote it afterward.

Any solutions for using the Outlook calendar sync with BBC. It looks like the BBC software updated the calendar app? It says v. 1.3.
    The User Guide says on p. 21 that you can't use BBC and on-the-wire calendar sync. It's an either/or proposition. Wireless cal sync via BBC, or no BBC account and standard conduits.

Delete the BBC account and then you will be able to enable the old Outlook Cal sync conduit.*

* Incidentally, multi-computer-syncing users be aware: BBC also disabled sync of my Outlook Calendar at home on my desktop, where the BBC client was never installed.
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 04/24/2006 at 03:21 PM.
    If any other BES admins are reading, this gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Just for pure devilry I tried the "Wipe and disable handheld" option on my account from the BES admin console. A few seconds later, what do I see but my Treo resetting.

The remote wipe function does clear out your Treo of all data, just like a hard reset. Amazing. Here's hoping BackupBuddy can bring it all back to life...
  5.    #145  
    Chris, would it be possible for Sprint to block this service down the road? i.e. require a specific BB plan for service?

I am enjoying BBConnect immensely. In fact, I get e-mail on my phone even before my desktop... (Exchange)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Chris, would it be possible for Sprint to block this service down the road? i.e. require a specific BB plan for service?
    Absolutely. My carrier (Rogers Wireless) appears to do just that, in fact. I didn't have connectivity to RIM until I changed my plan from regular data to a BB data plan. I'm assuming this is because my account did not have a BB-specific data SOC previously. I don't know if it would keep the BB data SOC flag if I moved back to a regular data plan, or whether the Rogers guys would remove it.

I wouldn't worry about it until a lot more devices become BB Connect-enabled, though. The number of users who are willing to struggle through the setup process (and the number of large IT depts willing to support them in doing so) is going to be small for a while.
    This calendar issue may be a deal killer for me. I have been experimenting for some time now and can't make rhyme or reason out of it. I have set up appts in Outlook (both by clicking new and by double clicking on the day, both timed and untimed events) and only a couple have showed up on my handheld with no discernible pattern. Likewise, I have set things up on my Treo calendar (timed and untimed, from Datebk6 and builtin calendar) and the only thing that transferred was my addition of an icon to an already established appt.

I've also tried changing my conduit settings in Hotsync Mgr. Nothing is working!

I'm at wits end. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    This calendar issue may be a deal killer for me. I have been experimenting for some time now and can't make rhyme or reason out of it. I have set up appts in Outlook (both by clicking new and by double clicking on the day, both timed and untimed events) and only a couple have showed up on my handheld with no discernible pattern. Likewise, I have set things up on my Treo calendar (timed and untimed, from Datebk6 and builtin calendar) and the only thing that transferred was my addition of an icon to an already established appt.

I've also tried changing my conduit settings in Hotsync Mgr. Nothing is working!

I'm at wits end. Any ideas?
    Update. A Treo created appt just transferred over to my Outlook. But the Treo appt was an all-day appt and the Outlook version is showing as a 12:00 am appt.

Progress???
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Update. A Treo created appt just transferred over to my Outlook. But the Treo appt was an all-day appt and the Outlook version is showing as a 12:00 am appt.
    I am not at all familiar with the Datebk6 app. I used Datebk5 back in the day, but that was long before BBC hit the scene. Right now I use the stock Calendar (or whatever gets installed by BBC overtop of it, Calendar v1.3). I don't know how Datebk6 interacts with the stock Palm Calendar, but I would bet that the issues are somehow related to the fact that the Calendar app gets updated into a new version by BBC during the first sync. Perhaps the new version has some incompatibilities with DB6... have you tried running without Datebk6?

I would also get in touch with the developer of DB6, he will likely want to see the new Calendar app and format, to determine if anything needs to be updated in his own application. You may even be able to perform valuable beta testing for him to bring the app into compliance with the new app/format.

For what it's worth, my Calendar prefs are 0800-1800, with new events set to use time zones.
    ok pardon my ignorance on this subject, but can an AOL user use this BB connect or will I be better off sticking with Chatter with the 650?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    I am not at all familiar with the Datebk6 app. I used Datebk5 back in the day, but that was long before BBC hit the scene. Right now I use the stock Calendar (or whatever gets installed by BBC overtop of it, Calendar v1.3). I don't know how Datebk6 interacts with the stock Palm Calendar, but I would bet that the issues are somehow related to the fact that the Calendar app gets updated into a new version by BBC during the first sync. Perhaps the new version has some incompatibilities with DB6... have you tried running without Datebk6?

I would also get in touch with the developer of DB6, he will likely want to see the new Calendar app and format, to determine if anything needs to be updated in his own application. You may even be able to perform valuable beta testing for him to bring the app into compliance with the new app/format.
    I tried creating appts from within the builtin calendar with no luck either. Datebk 6 just takes its entries directly from the builtin app. I have not uninstalled Datebk6 and tried that, so maybe that is worth a shot. However, since the database is shared I am skeptical that will help at all.

Thanks for pondering the problem though!
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    ok pardon my ignorance on this subject, but can an AOL user use this BB connect or will I be better off sticking with Chatter with the 650?
    You need a BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the back end, so no, you cannot use the BB Web Client to forward your AOL mail to your Treo 650. Stick with Chatter.
    Has anyone figured out how to get the internet working when BBC is enabled?

Thanks,
    Maz
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Has anyone figured out how to get the internet working when BBC is enabled?

Thanks,
    Maz
    I have not had a problem with the internet on my Sprint 650. What message are you getting when you try to connect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    If any other BES admins are reading, this gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Just for pure devilry I tried the "Wipe and disable handheld" option on my account from the BES admin console. A few seconds later, what do I see but my Treo resetting.

The remote wipe function does clear out your Treo of all data, just like a hard reset. Amazing. Here's hoping BackupBuddy can bring it all back to life...
    Thanks for testing this, now I don't have to.
  16.    #156  
    why would the internet work fine for those of us with Sprint and not for those with other carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    why would the internet work fine for those of us with Sprint and not for those with other carriers?
    I can get a net connection to work but it's not exactly seamless. First I have to change the default network profile to Internet from blackberry.net (this is a one-time-only change). After that I can launch Blazer and browse.

The problem is that the Treo does not dump the Internet connection once Blazer exits; I have to re-enter Email / VersaMail for the Treo to re-establish the BBC connection.

I think this is only a problem on carriers like mine where BB traffic may be segregated from the regular GPRS data traffic.
  18.    #158  
    Dies this sound like an easy problem to fix? Maybe someone can write a little prog that does this.. .If course, the easy thing to do is just wait for carrier specific releases.

Isnt it interesting the information button under preferenced reveals carrier specific info including carrier name? Does this mean the prog was written for all carriers? how is that name populated?
    Once I connect to media net (Im on Cingular) then BBC will no longer recieve emails. In the status it says "GSM Connecting". I have to manually shut off the media net connection and then BBC will start working again. The only problem is once I do that my internet doesnt work anymore, nor can I check other email accounts from versamail.

Thanks,
    Maz
    You're getting further than I can.

I called Cingular. They said they are blocking BB on the medianet plan.....not sure why that is not the case for you???

They want an additional $35 month to allow access to the Blackberry network. That's for 4mb/month. For unlimited, it's an additional $45. Ridiculous.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast