Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Also, any idea what the deal is with registration? Will this end up being a trial version that will expire in 30 days? Anyone clicked on the register button yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Also, any idea what the deal is with registration? Will this end up being a trial version that will expire in 30 days? Anyone clicked on the register button yet?
    That's not what you think. It registers you to the BES server at RIM. It happens automatically if everything is working... I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    That is a carrier/RIM functionality thing. Registration announces to the carrier network and RIM network that your device is available and online. That presence awareness is passed to your BES, which will begin spamming you with mail. You don't have to hit it at all, the client does it automatically.
    Well, i tried to install and it initially started, then failed (the first part is successful, so the app is on my treo, but the desktopinstall fails). Every time I try to install the desktop component it says "unable to register palm conduit". I have tried complete unistall through control panel and have checked the palmone folder for all BB related files and removed them...still get that error. Anyone have any ideas how to get this installed?

Thanks!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Well, i tried to install and it initially started, then failed (the first part is successful, so the app is on my treo, but the desktopinstall fails). Every time I try to install the desktop component it says "unable to register palm conduit". I have tried complete unistall through control panel and have checked the palmone folder for all BB related files and removed them...still get that error. Anyone have any ideas how to get this installed?

Thanks!

I had similar problems getting started. I had to get Admin Rights before I could get it installed properly.
    Somebody asked if BB Connect worked on Verizon? I have not been able to get it to connect on Verizon as of yet. I requested a change from my PDA data plan to a BB data plan and was told this was not possible.
    Thanks, but I have admin rights. Any other ideas?
    - Albert Einstein
    I am having a problem with the provisioning of the BBC. I have T-Mobile setup for BB enterprise, and I have added BES to Mailstreet. I get to the second HotSync, and I get a communication error. Perhaps mailstreet is not set yet. Anyone else have a thought?
    Thanks, but I have admin rights. Any other ideas?
    Did you check the Event Viewer (Application or System) to see whether any other errors were generated during the install attempts?
    Everything looks good. It says it can't communicate with the device. Can anyone tell me what happens during the second Hotsync? Does the Treo download information from the BES? Where are the exchange account settings entered?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtar
    Everything looks good. It says it can't communicate with the device. Can anyone tell me what happens during the second Hotsync? Does the Treo download information from the BES? Where are the exchange account settings entered?
    During the second sync the encryption key is generated, BBC sends its device data (PIN, etc) to the BES, and the BES sends the service books and IT policies to the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Did you check the Event Viewer (Application or System) to see whether any other errors were generated during the install attempts?
    I sure did. Not only were there no errors...it says "Product: BlackBerry Connect Desktop for Palm -- Installation operation completed successfully."

Yes, I tried to run the program (it appears in start menu), but it tells me it is not installed.

Thanks for the help.
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsmithn
    Somebody asked if BB Connect worked on Verizon? I have not been able to get it to connect on Verizon as of yet. I requested a change from my PDA data plan to a BB data plan and was told this was not possible.
    Yeah - same problem here. App installs fine, desktop finds my BES, but can't connect. Preferences/Main just shows Suspended.

And unlike the cingular folks, I did not get a second network connection to switch to - still only have national access...
    I got this loaded on my Cingular Treo 650 and had it working but did not like it. Sure it pushed the e-mail down but it would not delete e-mail from my inbox on Outlook. Also I could not connect to the Internet once I turned it on. I am on my companies BES ( which seems to be required for BB connect ) so no issue there and the install was pretty seamless. But the functionality is lacking and no where near as feature rich as my 8700c.

I am sure if I played around with it a little I could get it to work better but in the end it doe snot compare to my 8700c. Still keeping my Treo but removed the BB Connect software.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I got this loaded on my Cingular Treo 650 and had it working but did not like it. Sure it pushed the e-mail down but it would not delete e-mail from my inbox on Outlook. Also I could not connect to the Internet once I turned it on. I am on my companies BES ( which seems to be required for BB connect ) so no issue there and the install was pretty seamless. But the functionality is lacking and no where near as feature rich as my 8700c.

I am sure if I played around with it a little I could get it to work better but in the end it doe snot compare to my 8700c. Still keeping my Treo but removed the BB Connect software.
    Mine acted pretty snotty too!

What about Outlook Calendar sync with it? I noticed in the installation process, it overwrote the 650 calendar and disabled the Outlook Calendar sync. I don't keep everything on my Notes calendar.
    OK, finally got the desktop installed and settings all synced to the Treo. Had to completely uninstall Palm Desktop, clean the registry manually, then reinstall Palm Desktop, then run the BBC client. This time it went smoothly.

Now I have it all on my Treo...but can't connect. I do have the blackberry connection in prefs, but when I try to connect to it, it starts, then cancels. Does this mean Cingular is blocking it?
    - Albert Einstein
    It means one of two things:

1) Your account does not have a data "bucket" (SOC is the term I think) associated with it. Call your carrier and ask them to check this.

2) Your carrier walls off the RIM network from regular data subscribers and you need a BB plan.
    OK, finally got the desktop installed and settings all synced to the Treo. Had to completely uninstall Palm Desktop, clean the registry manually, then reinstall Palm Desktop, then run the BBC client. This time it went smoothly.

Now I have it all on my Treo...but can't connect. I do have the blackberry connection in prefs, but when I try to connect to it, it starts, then cancels. Does this mean Cingular is blocking it?
    Mine does the same thing, as I mentioned a few pages back. What carrier are you on? I use Cingular but my SIMM is AT&T. I have an MMode data plan.

When you go into Email, Menu, Options, Prefs, then under the Blackberry heading, Main, does it have a message in the top right that says Connecting?

I agree with Chris, I think it is a carrier thing. I am trying to figure out whether it is a Cingular thing or and MMode thing.
    Cingular. I think it is the carrier. I did read your posts and had checked encryption settings on BES, etc. Just like yours, it only says "connecting". I may call cingular tomorrow and ask, though I'm sure it will result in some add-on service being required, which is really lame.
    - Albert Einstein
    Does anyone know if BB Connect still "pings" the server every few minutes, like Chatteremail does (red light comes on)? It would be nice to do away with the occassionally missed call while the server is pinged.