Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by esoffron
    I had the same result (Sprint 650). Still fiddling. My calendar did sync and I got my message headers, but didn't get message bodies and couldn't look up addresses in the corporate directory.

If anybody makes any progress on this please let us know.
    My calendar will sync over the wire, but there's no wireless msg delivery or reconciliation.

I can also send myself a message from the BES server admin client, using the Send Message > PIN method. That message goes out as an APB and (I'm guessing) skips the EA requirement. I do wirelessly receive APB messages from the console, but no regular e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Well, I now have it installed on my Cingular branded and locked Treo 650, using our corporate BES. It works exactly as advertised. I have been using the Chatter OWA client for email; I will do some informal comparison of battery consumption.

So far, though, I am really digging push email and calendar.
    More feedback: the BBC client creates a new network connection to blackberry.net. Apparently, neither versamail nor chatter can connect to the internet over this connection, nor can Blazer (or any other web browser). In essence, one must toggle between blackberry.net and MEdiaNet (I'm on Cingular). This is quite a PITA.
    elbastardocalvo
    More feedback: the BBC client creates a new network connection to blackberry.net. Apparently, neither versamail nor chatter can connect to the internet over this connection, nor can Blazer (or any other web browser). In essence, one must toggle between blackberry.net and MEdiaNet (I'm on Cingular). This is quite a PITA.
    As in you have to change your network (Preferences > Network) everytime you want to go back and forth?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    As in you have to change your network (Preferences > Network) everytime you want to go back and forth?

So far, that's what I am doing. Anyone know how to make the switch automatically?
    elbastardocalvo
    So far, that's what I am doing. Anyone know how to make the switch automatically?
    The only way I can think of this is to create a shortcut on your hard keys to go into Preferences...
  6.    #46  
    hey... I got it working with Sprint!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    hey... I got it working with Sprint!!!!!!!!
    Step by steps? How do you have it set up? With a Blackberry server? Exchange Server? Oh please do tell!
  8.    #48  
    With a BES. Exchange server. (I work for Time Warner)

Installed the .exe, called my IT guy and had him add me to the list, and presto... instant e-mail on my treo...

Battery life seems to be taking a hit... Funny thing is, the default signature it wanted me to use was for a P910.. I obviously changed that!
    I got it working too. My combination is BES for Lotus Notes (was on a Nextel Blackberry 7520), Sprint Treo 650. Seems fully functional for mail and calendar.

The trick for me was, though it initally would work after installing, it wouldn't KEEP working until I went into Versamail, into preferences, under BBC Preferences / Main, I hit the Register Now button. It had already registered, but for whatever reason it didn't stick until I hit that button.

I don't have to switch networks or anything to go between web and Blackberry.

YMMV, IANAL, etc etc.

Pretty slick.
  10.    #50  
    best part of all is we dont have to pay that retarded $40 fee for using the service... its all the same data.
  11. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    After I have my IT group set me on on our corporate BES server how does blackberry connect know my user account? Is there an account ID or something that I need to set on the treo versamail/email software?
  12. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Also, I am on Cingular medianet (grandfathered unlimited plan). Do I need to upgrade to the Cingular BB data plan?
  13.    #53  
    bd1- your exchange account will look to be provisioned with the BBC interface.

I did not upgrade and my standard data plan seems to be working just fine.
    anyone have just the .prc files i have a mac and would like to get these to try this thing out
  15. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I have a custom ROM and deleted all of the versamail files. Does the install program provide a complete new version of versamail or do I need to reinstall versamail in rom and apply this install on top of it?
    I figured out what the hold-up was.

The BES Server v4.x has the ability to support both AES and 3DES encryption, however the BBC client can only support 3DES. If your BES is configured to only permit the more-secure AES encryption, the BBC client will fail to download the appropriate policies and enterprise activation will not occur.

The BES must be configured to support 3DES, or a combination of 3DES and AES. AES alone will cause the BBC to fail.

No failure messages will be indicated during BB Connect client setup, however the failure will be obvious once you look at the Event Viewer on the BES server. It will indicate encryption failures delivering packets to the device with the T650's PIN.
    ****...Doesn't look like I can do it then...I wish I could have just the redirector sitting on my desktop running like I do for Biz Connect. Looks like I'm stuck paying Sprint an extra $10/month...
  18. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    OK, I have made progress. On the BBconnect on the palm under account setup it is asking me for the incoming and outgoing server name? What is this? My Notes BES server? What is this typically called?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    OK, I have made progress. On the BBconnect on the palm under account setup it is asking me for the incoming and outgoing server name? What is this? My Notes BES server? What is this typically called?

Thanks.
    BD1, it sounds like you are attempting to create a new account through VersaMail on the T650.

You don't have to do anything on the handheld to create the account. Just get the .ZIP file with the installer, then unZIP the installer to a temporary folder on the computer you sync to the T650. Make sure you have at minimum 5.2MB of free memory on the T650, then run the BBInstaller.exe file on your computer.

(full setup instructions from Palm can be found here)
    http://www.palm.com/asia/pdf/bbc_setupguide.pdf

The executable will ask you to sync your T650, and the first time the BB Connect .prcs will be installed (they will take up 4MB of RAM and the BB client requires at least 1.2MB to function, not including message storage space). When the sync is done the T650 will request a reset and you should reset it. After the reset, turn your phone's cellular radio on.

Then continue with the installer on your computer. It will then set up the BB Connect for Palm OS client on the desktop. You will get prompted to select the mail system type (Domino or Exchange), plus you will be prompted to generate an encryption key by moving your mouse pointer around the screen.

NOTE: Depending on your operating system, its service pack level, and security settings, you may also be asked to unblock a Windows XP port so that the BBC desktop client can communicate with the BES server. You must accept the unblocking of the port or the setup will not complete properly.

Finally you will be asked if you want to upload your calendar entries to the device. But you will never have to specify the mail server names on the device itself. Just follow the setup guide in the link above, ok?
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 04/20/2006 at 09:24 PM.
  20. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Chris, thanks for the help. I got to the point where it uploaded all my calendar entries. Then I go into email and when I try to get my mail it tells me it can't find the server. Then I go into BBC account setup in Versamail(email) and it asks for my email and bes password then I get a screen that ask me for my incoming and outgoing servers (like the POP3 account setup). Any ideas?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast