Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
  1.    #501  
    crawform... for a product I would think would be on the top of alot of people's list, I get very little to no response.

Hell, even a $600 bounty wont do anything for this thing and WE KNOW which files are causing the issue!!!!
    SUCCESS!!! After trying with zero success months ago to provision my unbranded blacktie 650, I decided to spend the $10 and give the Cingular BBC a try (even though I have T-mobile). To my suprise, within 10 minutes I have everything up and running!

Still have to work a few kinks out, such as my gmail account in versamail not able to pull email due to the different internet connections, and verichat not working right.....but I am shocked and pleased with the success so far!

UPDATE - after using this for a day at work today, I can see the potential upside. Versamail seems to have worked out pulling my gmail without causing significant problems to my BBC. I'm not quite sure how this occurred. Last evening and this morning gmail on versamail and BBC on versamail didn't seem to play together nicely, but since about 3pm this afternoon, they seem to get along just fine, and my email that took up to 15 minutes to receive via BBC now comes instantaneously as it does in Outlook.
    Last edited by Rijal; 10/18/2006 at 09:15 PM.
    I'm trying to set up the SingTel BB Connect on my Treo 650 (Sprint). I get to the second sync when it fails, which isn't a surprise, because my IT department hasn't set up my BES account.

However, when I call them to enable my e-mail account (MS Exchange based) for BB service, they ask me for my BB pin. I take a look at the BBC settings in my Treo ("Information" tab) and the pin is 00000000.

Did I do something wrong?

What next? If I give them a PIN from another Blackberry, what will happen?

This is an IT group that is fairly up to date. They've got to be running BES 4.0+, right?

Anyway, any advice? Is there any way to get a BBConnect PIN before the second sync?

Matt
    Last edited by MattCarp; 10/20/2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarp View Post
    I'm trying to set up the SingTel BB Connect on my Treo 650 (Sprint). I get to the second sync when it fails, which isn't a surprise, because my IT department hasn't set up my BES account.

However, when I call them to enable my e-mail account (MS Exchange based) for BB service, they ask me for my BB pin. I take a look at the BBC settings in my Treo ("Information" tab) and the pin is 00000000.

Did I do something wrong?

What next? If I give them a PIN from another Blackberry, what will happen?

This is an IT group that is fairly up to date. They've got to be running BES 4.0+, right?

Anyway, any advice? Is there any way to get a BBConnect PIN before the second sync?

Matt
    Your PIN will not show until you have successfully completed Enterprise Activation (which requires your BES account to be set up, your wireless account to have a BB plan, and your phone to be on and receiving signal during the second Hotsync).

Do not give them a PIN for another BB as the PIN is hardware-specific information. That other BB will be provisioned for use with your account, and not your Treo.

If your IT department is running BES 4.x then they simply do not need your PIN information while setting up your account. The BES will get the PIN information automatically during a successful Enterprise Activation. If the IT department requires your PIN then they are not running BES 4.x but an earlier version (like 2.x) -- which does not work with BB Connect anyway and DOES require a PIN to set up the account.

There is no point in even attempting a BBC install until your BES account is active.
    I get my PIN before the enterprise activation, which I still cannot get to work because of either network or Verizon issues.

Also, has anyone noticed their keyboard response time is rediculously slow with BBC installed?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    mkulikow, that slow down is the BB app trying to constantly connect to the blackberry network, when it is not able.
    700Pbumpity...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    700Pbumpity...
    Anyone try the Cingular BBC on a Treo 680?
    elbastardocalvo
    I'm considering coming back to PalmOS Treo if this can work on the 680. Anyone new 680 owners have any luck?
    Sprint T650, nearly have this working (THANKS TO ALL THE POSTS!!!). I DID have to update to 1.13a (wouldn't connect w/o it).

When click the "Register Now" button, it says "1x Connected", however I'm unable to send or receive email on the Treo (messages move from the outbox to the draft folder with a little yellow triangle).

There is another Sprint T650 person in my company that has this working just fine. He said he's running Hardware A, mine was "B" so I took it back and swapped it for an A, but still have exactly the same results.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by websrfr; 12/07/2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: updated info
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype View Post
    I'm considering coming back to PalmOS Treo if this can work on the 680. Anyone new 680 owners have any luck?
    Was on Cingular's introductory call to the Treo 680 yesterday (12/7/06). One of the questions to Cingular/Palm was "will 680 be compatible with BBC" - the answer they gave was "YES". Sounds like a matter of time until a 680 version will be available.
    Update on Treo 700p?
    Bo
    I have called Verizon every month for 3 months now waiting for them to put a BB data plan on my account. This time the CS rep actually called Palm and got one of their reps on the phone with me to discuss why it is Cingular only. The call went something like this:

Palm: Hello
    Me: Hello, why only Cingular support for BBC
    Palm: They pay us lots of money for licensing (actually said as "Cingular is the only carrier that currently supports BBC")
    Me: I am willing to pay you for this "service" as well, even knowing that this "service" is nothing more than the click of a button
    Palm: Only Cingulars network will support the BBC software
    Me: BS, the network has nothing to do with it, all it is the allowance for my ESN to transmit/receive BB formatted data vs. Palm data
    Palm: That is not exactly true
    Me: Actually it IS exactly true, if you let this Verizon representative add a BB data plan to my account voila, instantly I will be able to use the BBC software on a non-Cingular network
    Palm: Currently the software will only work on Cingular locked devices
    Me: I understand where you are coming from, what I don't understand is how a representative from Palm and Verizon can literally tell a customer that thier only choice is to go to another carrier (bad for Verizon) or perchase a Blackberry (bad for Palm). I guess general business practices wasn't taught during your customer service training. I'm going to go get a Blackberry from Sprint.
  14.    #514  
    why not just switch service? Blackberry connect works perfect on Sprint.
    I'm soooo close - I will try and keep it brief:

Background:

- Was using old ATT Blackberry Device with ATT Sim Card

- Bought new Cing 680 with new Cing Sim Card

- Got the BB Data Plan enabled on 680

- Got IT guys to re-send service books

- Downloaded BB Palm client from Palm site

- Unzip and Install BB Client

- Get through first sync

- BB Client asked me if I want to change my device and create a new PIN - selected yes - seems to have made it through this OK

- I get to second sync - and it askes if I want to install calendar dates on device - yes

- I enter my Lotus Notes password

- I get almost all the way through --- after approx 180 dates --- and then it stops and says "Palm software failed to install properly. Click cancel to quit and try running the sntaller again"

There are calendar entries on my Treo 680 that all seems right --- there is no email ---

I have uninstalled and hard reset the device approx 3x

What the F --- please help --- I don't get it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - after more failed installs tried Start+Programs+Palm+Set Up Blackberry Connect

It goes through an abbreviated install sequence and pushed down all my Lotus Noted calendar entries --- and announces "Congrats - Software successfukky installed

All calendat entries are on 680 - but no email - the BBC account is listed under VersaMail but I can't get email -- wont connect

I get error that says usename and password are no go (this is suppose to be set up automatically when installing BBC I think)

So bottom line
    - It connects to server and pushing down all calendar items
    - Tells me i installed correctly
    - BUT - no email
    - Calendar does not continue to work --- no push in either direction

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - after more failed installs tried Start+Programs+Palm+Set Up Blackberry Connect

It goes through an abbreviated install sequence and pushed down all my Lotus Noted calendar entries --- and announces "Congrats - Software successfukky installed

All calendat entries are on 680 - but no email - the BBC account is listed under VersaMail but I can't get email -- wont connect

I get error that says usename and password are no go (this is suppose to be set up automatically when installing BBC I think)

So bottom line
    - It connects to server and pushing down all calendar items
    - Tells me i installed correctly
    - BUT - no email
    - Calendar does not continue to work --- no push in either direction

Any ideas?

Thanks
    When I had similar issues back when, it was because my account wasn't provisioned at the phone carrier side. Make sure your account has the "enterprise" blackberry service (If on T-Mobile, it's $29.99 vs $20/mo).
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    why not just switch service? Blackberry connect works perfect on Sprint.
    OK, I have looked for days to find the way of getting the SingTel BBC working on my Sprint Treo 650 with v1.13 updated installed. I have an account on our BES v4.1 server and STILL can't get this darn thing to SEND or RECEIVE an e-mail. Is there a post I'm missing somewhere? I started this 2 months ago and am still seeing the same posts. Help me, please! Frustrated in MI.
    Tim "SpartanBando" Draeger
    After reading through a lot of this thread, I finally got it working! I'm using an unlocked, unbranded Treo 650 GSM. I had a work-issued blackberry that had a SIM from T-Mobile on a plan with voice and Blackberry Enterprise. Took the SIM out of my BB, put it in the Treo. Ran through the install of Singapore BB Connect software first. Provisioned my device and generated a new PIN, but for whatever, reason, blackberry.net network profile wouldn't connect. Upgraded device to 1.20 firmware, and switched to using the US version of BB connect (went through a re-install after a hard reset) and voila! It works now - it's pretty slick, in fact. A few annoyances/issues:

- I have a personal IMAP account that I access with Snappermail. This can connect through a T-Zones network profile (shouldn't be able to, I thought, but does), but in the process, it disconnects blackberry.net network profile. Setting Snappermail to kill the network connection after downloading allows the blackberry.net connection to re-establish and BB connect to start working again. Minor annoyance, but olerable. (Note - if you want web browsing, non-BB e-mail, etc. on T-Mobile, you will need Enterprise Blackberry plan for $29 PLUS either T-Zones or T-Mobile internet - annoying.) Couldn't get Versamail to disconnect from network after downloading my personal IMAP, so blackberry.net profile would never re-establish.

- Attachment viewer sucks in BB connect - would much rather use DTG. Long explanation on palm.com about logic and version of BES that controls behaviour, but still doesn't change fact that it sucks.

- Other network apps (WorldMate, AvantGo, Blazer) besides Snappermail will initiate T-Zones connection to web and function, but will not kill it, and therefore not allow blackberry.net network profile to re-establish. I've been manually disconnecting T-Zones, which allows blackberry.net to re-establish. Any potential solutions to this?

- Can we confirm that I can no-longer sync my calendar through anything other than the BB software? I've got my computer at work, but would like to be able to continue syncing my Treo calendar to my personal machine at home. Anyone else have this issue?
    Can anyone confirm that Sprint still functions properly with BBC without a blackberry data plan?

I'm pretty sure I've followed the directions and the administrator sees my Pin in the BB enterprise server. I think I need to zero the Treo and start from scratch.