Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast
    Can someone please post the new version, pretty please.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbd View Post
    Set up BES server (yeah, I'm one of the IT folks, so I can see both ends). My Treo is on Sprint, and is at latest firmware. All hotsynchs complete without errors (using the Singapore version). Treo shows CDMA 1x Connected, registered on the Blackberry net.

Only problem is- the BES administrator shows that the IT Policies are 'Refused by device'. (if you're interested, policy log entry is:
    RequestHandler:oDeviceSentProcessing - Message returned as REFUSED - could not be delivered to device, Tag=52). So, nothing sent or received.

Called support- got the official 'This isn't supported by Sprint'- which I expected. I do have the unlimited vision plan, so I think I've mirrored everyone else here who's managed to get it working with a minimum of problems (at least at this stage).

Anyone have any clues? I've installed it more than a few times (some people have said here that after the 3rd or 4th, it just started working), even had some hard resets along the way. I've removed and re-added my account on the BES server more than once. (fixed a few problems along the way, too- but this last one indicates the message is getting to the Treo, which is simply refusing it).

I'm open to next step suggestions- anything is better than carrying two devices, and at this point, the Treo will go with me to rhe grave (or until the 750p comes out in the US).
    I don't think the issue is with the device, necessarily. I would go over your BES IT policies with a fine-toothed comb, looking for anything that might prevent the operation of a BB Connect client (like say AES-only encryption support vs. 3DES and AES).

Alternately create a brand new stock/vanilla BES policy just for you, assign that policy to your account, and then try the installation again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor View Post
    I don't think the issue is with the device, necessarily. I would go over your BES IT policies with a fine-toothed comb, looking for anything that might prevent the operation of a BB Connect client (like say AES-only encryption support vs. 3DES and AES).

Alternately create a brand new stock/vanilla BES policy just for you, assign that policy to your account, and then try the installation again.
    Found the problem. It was actually on the provider side- my provider had some headscratching, since adding blackberry data service to a Treo is outside their normal playbook- but they did come through, and, since last night, it's been working like a champ. (ok, a little issue with deletes not coming from the treo to my mail file, but I've got to go back over this thread- that's been mentioned before, and in the grand scheme of things, I'll tolerate it).
  4.    #484  
    this is sad... no one wants to upload the software.

cost for the software is $9.95

if a few people wanna paypal some $ to me, I will buy it and try it out....

a couple bucks per person would be fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    this is sad... no one wants to upload the software.

cost for the software is $9.95

if a few people wanna paypal some $ to me, I will buy it and try it out....

a couple bucks per person would be fine...
    I just bought it. I didn't realize, before now, that it could be purchased without providing a Cingular serial number. Check your ftp site.
    Last edited by crawform; 09/27/2006 at 02:12 PM.
  6.    #486  
    thanks crawform...

testing it tonight.
    how did u make out? --- DC - i sent u a private message and email last night

good luck
  8.    #488  
    well, I installed and get the same result... resets when the radio kicks in..

Good news is I found the culprits: BESSAM.PRC and BESSAMCAL.PRC.

I deleted these from my phone and it works fine... We need these to be installed to function. Anyone know how to edit prcs and finad a solution?
  9.    #489  

I deleted these from my phone and it works fine... We need these to be installed to function. Anyone know how to edit prcs and find a solution for this to work on 700p?

The radio needs to be turned on to complete the 2nd hotsync so without the two .prcs mentioned above, the install fails and with the .prcs installed the radio turns on and enters the endless loop.

I am convinced someone can look at the two .prcs attached and find a correction that will allow the radio to be turned on with the files on the phone.

SHADOWMITE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dcopperfield; 09/27/2006 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post

I deleted these from my phone and it works fine... We need these to be installed to function. Anyone know how to edit prcs and find a solution for this to work on 700p?

The radio needs to be turned on to complete the 2nd hotsync so without the two .prcs mentioned above, the install fails and with the .prcs installed the radio turns on and enters the endless loop.

I am convinced someone can look at the two .prcs attached and find a correction that will allow the radio to be turned on with the files on the phone.

SHADOWMITE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?
    Nice work DC. This is progress. Hopefully someone will be able to debug the two .prc files and we can get BBC back up and running.
    Here is a decompiler for PRC files. Maybe this will help.

http://obermuhlner.com/public/Projects/Palm/PDBC/
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Also, don't forget about the $550 bounty to get BBC working on the 700p, here --> http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...=117434&page=4
  13.    #493  
    I have e-mailed Shadowmite... could someone possibly post a message to him in his forums @ shadowmite.com?

I am not a memeber and couldnt get a registration e-mail....

This is something he could probably very easily do...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have posted a link to this thread for Shadowmite on his forum. Let's hope he can provide us some assistance.
    Any update?
    Does anyone know if the rumoured 680 will support BBC?
    OK,

For all Verizon users it appears that you can use BBC without any need for a BB data plan. They do not differenciate between RIM data and Palm data and can see my phone sending data when I hit reset in the prefs. I am however having a problem with the activation. The BBC software uses your computers network to contact RIM plus your exchange server at the same time. I am behind a firewall so I can see my exchange server but no RIM IPs and vice versa. Is there any other way to do an enterprise activation without using your laptops network? I am trying to even use 2 network cards, one modem and a network card etc. with my VPN connection but can not seem to get it right.

Any advice?

- Kuli
  18.    #498  
    I installed this on another Verizon650 and could never get it to connect... how did you fix it?

are you using phone software verion 1.04a?
    I see version 1.03a
    Is getting BBC to work on the 700p a lost cause? Hopefully someone will figure it out once the firmware update is released.