Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
  1.    #461  
    upload it here:

ftp://24.18.216.83
    login: treo
    pass: treo
    For those having issues with the 2nd hotsynch not connecting to handheld, I've had some luck.

I am on Cingular, and have an unbranded gsm 650. I tried the singapore version on Wednesday and had the issue on the 2nd hotsynch where the software couldn't connect to the handheld.

Out of desperation, I bought the new Cingular version. I installed it today, and everything went fine. It is up and running great.

I know some people were getting frustrated about the issue, so the new Cingular version may solve it.
    -BD
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr View Post
    It looks and "feels" the same as the Singapore version, but it is different. There is no large red "GPRS" on the "main" preferences screen like there was on the Singapore version. The Cingular version also seems to have fixed the bug I was having with "un-timed" calendar entries not working correctly in MS Exchange (Singapore version would time them at 11:59AM so it was hard to find them on your calendar). I've been using the Cingular version all day and I haven't been able to find any problems with it.
    Do attachments oppen correctly in Documents To Go? That is the one thing that is buggy for me.
  4.    #464  
    can someone please post (or upload) the cingular install file????
    I have been using BB Connect on my Treo 650 successfully for 3 months. My company's parent organization has decided to move us to a different Exchange server and give me a new email address. The corp IT folks have migrated my Outlook client to the new Exchange server. My Outlook profile has been changed and the Outlook client is working with the new email address. I removed and re-installed the BB Connect software a couple of times but the Treo continues to communicate with the original BES (and old email address) and not the new one. I also noticed during the install process I am not prompted to move the mouse in order to create a new key.

In addition the new email address in displaying correctly in the BB desktop software. But when I send an email from the Treo is arrives showing that it was delivered from the old BES server.

The corp IT guys told me that on the BB all they did was click on the Enterprise Activation Icon on the handheld and it took care of itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype View Post
    Do attachments oppen correctly in Documents To Go? That is the one thing that is buggy for me.
    Attachments work just as the BBC documentation indicates (see the Palm weblink below). Different users report different attachement capabilities with BBC which actually has to do with which version BES your company is running - not with the BBC software.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(39949)
  7.    #467  
    ftp is back online... please send...
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr View Post
    Attachments work just as the BBC documentation indicates (see the Palm weblink below). Different users report different attachement capabilities with BBC which actually has to do with which version BES your company is running - not with the BBC software.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(39949)
    Thanks! That clears things up quite a bit.
    Do you need to have the cingular blackberry plan for this or just regular cingular unlimited plan is OK?

Thanks
    Buhi
    Quote Originally Posted by bubu_basset View Post
    Do you need to have the cingular blackberry plan for this or just regular cingular unlimited plan is OK?

Thanks
    Buhi
    You have to change your Cingular data plan from the "unlimited" plan to a "Blackberry Connect" plan. It is $44.99/month and is also an "unlimited" data plan.
  11.    #471  
    can someone please test this latest release out on a 700p?????
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeschler View Post
    For those having issues with the 2nd hotsynch not connecting to handheld, I've had some luck.

I am on Cingular, and have an unbranded gsm 650. I tried the singapore version on Wednesday and had the issue on the 2nd hotsynch where the software couldn't connect to the handheld.

Out of desperation, I bought the new Cingular version. I installed it today, and everything went fine. It is up and running great.

I know some people were getting frustrated about the issue, so the new Cingular version may solve it.
    Great news! How/where can I get a copy of the new BBC though?
    Has anyone loaded the Cingular BBC on a phone with a NON-Cingular ROM (Custom ROM, Unbranded ROM, etc.) successfully?

According to Cingular they their BBC requires the CNG or CNB 1.17 ROM. I'm trying to confirm whether it will work.

Also, has anyone noticed any differences in the Cingular version (stability, features.....)???

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MH01 View Post
    Has anyone loaded the Cingular BBC on a phone with a NON-Cingular ROM (Custom ROM, Unbranded ROM, etc.) successfully?

According to Cingular they their BBC requires the CNG or CNB 1.17 ROM. I'm trying to confirm whether it will work.

Also, has anyone noticed any differences in the Cingular version (stability, features.....)???

Thanks.
    I am using an unlocked GSM Treo 650 with 1.20 ENA Update. BBC works fine with Cingular and Singapore Version. I finally installed the Singapore version since it provides a german interface for calendar and contacts application on the Treo while Cingular switches all to english.

I still have a small problem with calender synchronizing and time zones. Treo is configured for Berlin (GMT+1 with DST). If my Outlook 2002 is configured correctly for GMT+1 with DST all appointments appear an hour earlier on the Treo. Appointments created on the Treo are synchronized with the correct time to Outlook.

It seems to be a problem of Outlook. If I change the timezone to GMT+2 without DST it works fine for selfcreated appointments. You have to choose a timezone where no DST applies (no checkbox available). GMT+2 Jerusalem works fine, since GMT+2 without DST Bukarest does not work. Really strange!

Appointments coming from other users with timezone configured have to be changed manually on the Treo :-( Maybe Outlook 2003 fixes the problem.

Kind regards
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    can someone please test this latest release out on a 700p?????

I doubt it will work, but has anyone tried it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    ftp is back online... please send...
    I tried to get it using my Sprint 700p serial number, so that I could upload to your site, but it rejected my serial number (as I expected).
  17.    #477  
    someone please upload it:

upload it here:

ftp://24.18.216.83
    login: treo
    pass: treo
    Set up BES server (yeah, I'm one of the IT folks, so I can see both ends). My Treo is on Sprint, and is at latest firmware. All hotsynchs complete without errors (using the Singapore version). Treo shows CDMA 1x Connected, registered on the Blackberry net.

Only problem is- the BES administrator shows that the IT Policies are 'Refused by device'. (if you're interested, policy log entry is:
    RequestHandler:oDeviceSentProcessing - Message returned as REFUSED - could not be delivered to device, Tag=52). So, nothing sent or received.

Called support- got the official 'This isn't supported by Sprint'- which I expected. I do have the unlimited vision plan, so I think I've mirrored everyone else here who's managed to get it working with a minimum of problems (at least at this stage).

Anyone have any clues? I've installed it more than a few times (some people have said here that after the 3rd or 4th, it just started working), even had some hard resets along the way. I've removed and re-added my account on the BES server more than once. (fixed a few problems along the way, too- but this last one indicates the message is getting to the Treo, which is simply refusing it).

I'm open to next step suggestions- anything is better than carrying two devices, and at this point, the Treo will go with me to rhe grave (or until the 750p comes out in the US).
    Can someone please UL the file to DCcopperfield

700P owners are jones-ing pretty bad to get this figured out

Pease help him/us out and UL the file to his FTP

THANK YOU!!!!
    Last edited by Bhozier; 09/25/2006 at 12:35 PM.
  20.    #480  
    Thanks Bhozier....

I will test this immediately once it arrives...