Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Cingular t650 - works great so add me to the list of success stories, but what happened to the Ed Hardy announcement that BB connect would be available via Cingular for T650 in July?
    My 2 cents:

I too am happy with the BB Connect service on my Treo. (Cingular) I can receive and send emails just fine. I just have two minor-ish problems which I have barely seen mentioned but with no solutions (that I have seen).

1) Sometimes (I think almost all of the time) when I add a calendar entry into Outlook on my PC, when it gets to my Treo, the time zone is changed to Hong Kong. To fix the problem I have to open the appointment on the Treo, change the time and change the time zone. (I wish that if you changed the time zone it would also change the time for you)

Another strange thing is that in Calendar, the times are correctly shown even of they are allegedly taking place in Hong Kong. ie My 9am meeting in the US shows up as 9am even though when I look at the actual entry that says it is taking place at 11pm, Hong Kong time. If I look at the same entries in Agendus 11.01, all Hong Kong entries are 2 hours off. (2 hours earlier, ie my 9am meeting sets off an alarm at 7am, then Calendar sets off another alarm correctly at 9am) Probably a bug with Agendus.

If the meeting comes from someone else, the time zone is fine.

I figure it must be something with my computer but all my settings seem to be correct on the computer, in the BBC application and in Outlook.

2) The other little problem that several people have mentioned is opening attachements. BB Connect does not recognize DocumentsToGo (v.8.03) so every thing opens in the built-in viewer (which sucks!). A very few times, and I don't know why, I have been able to open attachments in DocumentsToGo if I choose 'Select Viewer'. Never a word doc, twice an Excel file, once a PowerPoint, never a PDF (BBC says PDFs can't be opened).

Trying to save the attachment to my memory card has never worked. Too bad because that would be an acceptable work-around.

Other than that, I do get mail regularly. It comes to my Treo a couple of seconds before I see it in Outlook. (could be due to how long between times Outlook checks mail)

I am using Butler to inform me when an email comes in. I have it setup, in Attention Grabber, to vibrate once but no sound (I selected the sound 'no Sound'(I let the sound come from BBC preferences under notifications. This prevents double sounds) When I have the sound switch in the mute position, it vibrates. The only little drawback is that if someone calls and leaves a message, the light on my Treo is the Attention Grabber alert, not the VoiceMail alert. Once I check to see what the message is, I then get the VoiceMail light.

Battery power seems to be reduced but I am now using my Treo more than ever before which probably has a lot to do with it. For the most part, I get two solid days of charge during the week (when I am getting and checking my emails all day).

One last thing, I had trouble getting BBC on my Treo because I had disabled some of the conduits. Once all of the conduits were turned back on, everything was provisioned properly on my Treo.

Thanks to Chris for all of his help!

-Scripps
    I'd like to discontinue use of my company-issued BB and instead use BB connect on my personal Sprint 650. Is there any way to grab the necessary policy data and PIN from my company computer, make up a "mirror" outlook profile on my home computer for the purposes of the BB Connect install process? Desire is to make my Treo "look" like the BB I'd like to replace -- same PIN, etc. Working with my company IT, or installing BB Connect from my company computer is not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrbeck01
    I'd like to discontinue use of my company-issued BB and instead use BB connect on my personal Sprint 650. Is there any way to grab the necessary policy data and PIN from my company computer, make up a "mirror" outlook profile on my home computer for the purposes of the BB Connect install process? Desire is to make my Treo "look" like the BB I'd like to replace -- same PIN, etc. Working with my company IT, or installing BB Connect from my company computer is not an option.
    Only if you have VPN access to your corporate infrastructure from your home PC. Otherwise the answer is a resounding no. BB Connect requires access to both the device and the BES during the second sync (to pass service books, policy information, and perform Enterprise Activation). If the computer with BBC cannot contact the BES during the second sync, then EA will never complete and the BBC client on the Treo will never work.
    I’m hoping someone can help me with this… My BBC works great……. When it works. It will run for a few weeks and then quit. What I’ve noticed when it quits working it that on the Option>Preferences>BlackBerry Main screen (where you register, reset, etc), “GPRS”, “Connected” and the little BBC dots at the top flash irregularly. Once this starts BBC never works again. I’ve tried hard resets, removing the files by hand and cleaning off pretty much everything except Filez, Mobilwrite, Splashshopper and DTG. I run TomTom from the SD card. The problem always comes back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor View Post
    Only if you have VPN access to your corporate infrastructure from your home PC. Otherwise the answer is a resounding no. BB Connect requires access to both the device and the BES during the second sync (to pass service books, policy information, and perform Enterprise Activation). If the computer with BBC cannot contact the BES during the second sync, then EA will never complete and the BBC client on the Treo will never work.
    Thanks Chris...guess I will uninstall
    Quote Originally Posted by rrbeck01 View Post
    Thanks Chris...guess I will uninstall
    Why not just tell them you've lost the device and have purchased a new one, and ask them to reset your account? Then you can provision BBC on the Treo with no problems...

edit: do you not have admin rights on your work PC? That would be the only thing stopping you from running the BBC setup.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Does your phone have to be unlocked to be able to use Blackberry Connect software?

I have Cingular service and a blackberry acct with my co. and Cingular. After I install the software and go through the second sync, I get the message that says something like "can't connect to the handset". And then it says that the Blackberry device was not provisioned.

I would really like to use the BB on my Treo 650. Any help will be appreciated.

-rip
    Has anyone worked out a solution for the issue with the PC and Treo not communicating during the second sync and the pin not being generated?

I have tried multiple resets/reinstalls etc and can't work out why the pin never gets created.

elusion
    would bbc work with blackberry internet server? My company does not have a BES server.
    Just FYI to anyone who hasn't seen the TC frontpage - BBC is now "officially" offered by Cingular in USA.

http://www.palm.com/us/software/blac...0_cingular_bbc

http://cingular.com/midtolarge/blackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
    would bbc work with blackberry internet server? My company does not have a BES server.
    BBC does not work with Blackberry Internet Server - only with BES.
    Does anyone know if Cingular will actually be able to enforce the need to have a blackberry plan? Unless they block/unblock ports based on your subscription entitlement, how would they be able to prevent my Treo from connecting to my company's BES?
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan View Post
    Does anyone know if Cingular will actually be able to enforce the need to have a blackberry plan? Unless they block/unblock ports based on your subscription entitlement, how would they be able to prevent my Treo from connecting to my company's BES?
    They block specific ports/APN's and your traditional data access plan (mediaNet in my case) will not work for BBC access. You have to tell them that you want "BBC data plan" which is the only one that allows BBC to work through the "blackberry.net" APN and allows Blazer (and other programs) to work through the "mediaNet" APN.
    If anyone is able to download the BBC software from Cingular (I would have to buy it because my Treo is older than June 3, 2006) and notices any differences between it and the version that was linked to in this thread - please post your findings. I have a couple of bugs that I am hoping might have been fixed in the Cingular version ("No-Time" appointments don't work correctly with MS Exchange, different handling of attachments, etc).
    Is there anyone out there using the Singapore or US BBC on Cingular Blue (the old AT&T Wireless)? What service did you need to add to your plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr View Post
    If anyone is able to download the BBC software from Cingular (I would have to buy it because my Treo is older than June 3, 2006) and notices any differences between it and the version that was linked to in this thread - please post your findings. I have a couple of bugs that I am hoping might have been fixed in the Cingular version ("No-Time" appointments don't work correctly with MS Exchange, different handling of attachments, etc).
    Even if you have an older Treo 650 (before June 3, 2006) give the download from the Palm site a try. Mine is older and I still was able to use my S/N to get the BBC software.
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr View Post
    Even if you have an older Treo 650 (before June 3, 2006) give the download from the Palm site a try. Mine is older and I still was able to use my S/N to get the BBC software.
    Is this a newer version from the Singapore version? I'm wondering if there are any documented features/bug fixes from the Singapore version if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype View Post
    Is this a newer version from the Singapore version? I'm wondering if there are any documented features/bug fixes from the Singapore version if so.
    It looks and "feels" the same as the Singapore version, but it is different. There is no large red "GPRS" on the "main" preferences screen like there was on the Singapore version. The Cingular version also seems to have fixed the bug I was having with "un-timed" calendar entries not working correctly in MS Exchange (Singapore version would time them at 11:59AM so it was hard to find them on your calendar). I've been using the Cingular version all day and I haven't been able to find any problems with it.
  20.    #460  
    can someone please host the installl file? I would like to try it on my 700p...

Thanks