Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    I had the BES admin remove and re-add my account, then deinstalled everything and reinstalled everything. It did not have me recreate my key and I have the same PIN. I get the same results, no emails pushed to the device. Is it best to have the BES admin remove the account and let the BBC installer create it?

Thanks
    You should have to generate a new encryption key, at the very least. Are you sure you removed the BBC account from the T650 and then reset the device?

The BBC install does not create the account -- it just tells the BES "I am associated with this user's account, here is my encryption key, send me the service books, IT policies, etc".

Try re-enabling the BBC conduit in the Hotsync Manager and then performing a sync. Ask your BES admin if your account info indicates that the IT policies were successfully received -- this is the indication that EA has been performed successfully.
    BBC finally being deployed in the US? Probably only for 650, though...

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12295
    So I messed with BBC and couldn't get it to work. Now I have a left over Network Service called blackberry.net that tries to connect all the time and fails, disrupting my Media Net service. How can I delete blackberry.net?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PROBLEM:

Just today, when I receive a meeting invite, they come thru as an email, ie, I have none of the buttons laong the bottom to accept, reject, etc. They show up in my outlook inbok as invites, but not on my Treo-berry.

Anyone have any ideas ?
    I'm starting to jones to use my 700P....may ditch BBC for now and get that up and running... I thought I had more willpower!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Anyone know if you can make e-mail attachments through BBC? I know you can receive attachments, but can you make attachments? I currently use Good on my 700p. Unfortunately, you can't make attachments using Good.

Tried searching forum, but didn't find the answer.

Thanks!
    Can someone who has BBC working on thier 650 please give me the steps to do it. I can connet and get the policies but when i try to send something it just bounces to my draft account. Do I need to do something with versamail first?
    Please help, its driving me nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by skater007
    Can someone who has BBC working on thier 650 please give me the steps to do it. I can connet and get the policies but when i try to send something it just bounces to my draft account. Do I need to do something with versamail first?
    Please help, its driving me nuts
    The first few pages of this thread go through the process....
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Unlocked unbranded treo 650 on Tmo.
    downloaded the BBC from Singtel (Singapore), along with the set up guide and user guide.
    Uninstalled the existing Blackberry desktop from my computer (was using bb 8700).
    followed the instructions (for a change) to load BBC and VOILA!.
    I now get by BES Email (lotus domino) on my Treo 650.
    Finally was also able to get internet by using tzones.
    I am back in love with my treo and getting all the benefits of the BB push email.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings all. I have finally fixed the nagging calendar issue which had me and my IT dept stumped and I wanted to share my experience with all of you incase you suffer any odd problems with your BBC enabled Treo 650.

Back in May, I installed BBC onto my Sprint PCS Treo 650 and started to have a strange occurrence. See post #301: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=301

After some help from Chris (thanks again), I decided I could live without a working syncing calendar. We use Lotus Notes at work and I use Outlook at home so I just remembered to keep them sync'd manually. A pain, but not as bad as having to carry around two devices (650 & BB 7290).

When my Treo 650 started resetting upon exit of VeriChat or for any other random reason, I decided it was time for a tedious, fresh clean install of every 3rd party application. Thankfully, I have all the reg codes backed up.

First I backed up everything (using BackupMan) to 2 SD cards then I performed a Zero Out reset, which may be overkill, but it made me happy.

Renamed my old Palm user folder and started from scratch. The first app I installed was Uninstall Manager, followed by CleanUp. I wanted to make sure everything was being tracked. A few hours later, I was done and finally installed BBC. I followed the directions in this thread to a "T" and it all worked flawlessly. It has been operating all day with no random resets.

My IT colleague and I surmise that there was a corrupt record somewhere in my Treo's calendar database which caused it to run on and on.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to provide as much info as possible.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Man I wish BBC would work on my Treo for BIS. I have the cheaper Cingular plan and it would be cool!
    BBC has been great for me. I went from 8700c to new 650 on cingular. BBC was the first thing I installed. Installed with no unforeseen issues, and has worked great. I did have to change bb plan to bbc plan with Cingular in order to get web access and for versamail to grab personal email. As others have stated, I miss being able to file messages into work folders, but everything else has been awesome. I've had no problems accepting mtg invites, and calendar synch seems to be even more real time than the 8700c. I'd love to upgrade to one of the antenna less treo's when they come out, and hope that bbc for those models doesn't take long to get working. The bb seems to be a lot more durable, and is lighter. The 8700c does look horrible after dropping it a few times, but never questioned whether it would take the beating. The treo has me concerned on durability.

By the way, thought I'd post this since most discussion forums are about getting problems fixed. Thought I'd share good news.
    -BD
    Anybody run into problems with "untimed" events with Outlook & BBC? When I create an untimed event it works fine on both the Treo and in Outlook, however the event is not assigned a "category" on the Treo (little colored dots next to it). If I edit the event on the Treo and add a category to it there, then it is changed in Outlook to 12:00-12:01AM and then doesn't show up correctly on my calendar in Outlook, however, it looks fine on the Treo.

Only way I have been able to avoid the problem is to hide the "category" option on the Treo and not assign categories to "untimed" events or leave "untimed" events as "unfiled" on the Treo.

Any help would be appreciated as I really like the categories option on the Treo.
    ChatterEmail's EX plugin does Exchange mail, including push (on Sprint/Verizon) and also handles meeting accept/decline properly.

Marc
    Does anyone know of a way to get Verichat to use the "SMS always on" feature when connected to BBC? Verichat seems to detect the BBC data connection and tries to use that instead. I may be doing this wrong, but I've set it to use SMS but IM messages don't seem to work.
    Have switched to a 700P and can't seem to uninstall BBC desktop from my machine...it continues to show up in programs, though there's nothing in the bb folder
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    getting an error that the account is not provisioned properly - any ideas how to fix this?

sprint 650

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    getting an error that the account is not provisioned properly - any ideas how to fix this?

sprint 650

Thanx
    That is not much info to go on...

1) Ask your BES admin to confirm that your account has been added
    2) Confirm with your wireless provider than you have a BB data SOC added to your wireless account.
    3) Reinstall BBC, follow the Setup Guide instructions to the hilt -- including the bit about turning on the phone antenna between the first and second syncs.
    is the BB data soc a separate charge/type of data acount or can I keep the standard data package I have & just ask them to add this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    is the BB data soc a separate charge/type of data acount or can I keep the standard data package I have & just ask them to add this?
    You'd have to ask your wireless carrier. My carrier in Canada considers it a separate service. I suspect most do.