Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 534
  1. #381  
    You will still require the Desktop software to provision BBC on your 700p.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  2. #382  
    Anyone have success with BBC on the 700P?? From what i'm hearing it's not sounding too good. TIA.
  3. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Ok, here is the deal. I don't think Marc (ChatterEmail) will have to worry about too many people switching to BBConnect...

    I just installed it on a test Treo and.... guess who is back? VersaMail... (I'm trying to behave, naming wise)

    It says you need 4MB free just for the app (pre-data), and guess why... here is the list of files that gets installed on your Treo:

    AboutBoxLib.prc
    Address.prc
    AddressLib.prc
    AirSAM.prc
    AirSAMPrv.prc
    bb-xxx.xx.xx.xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.prc
    bb-blackberry.net-xxx.xx.xx.xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.prc
    bb-cdma-registration-ids.prc
    BBAttachViewer.prc
    BBAttachViewer_enUS.prc
    BESSAM.prc
    BESSAMCal.prc
    BgService.prc
    CarrierProfiles2.pdb
    CategoryLib.prc
    CDMAExtraLib_Device.prc
    Datebook.prc
    DatebookLib.prc
    DmTxn.prc
    HotSyncPBStk.prc
    IIDataLib.prc
    Memo.prc
    MIAttachLib.prc
    MIDataLib.prc
    MMConduit.prc
    MMConfigFPI.prc
    MMHtmlPlugin.prc
    MMMailTo.prc
    MMNotify.prc
    MMPhotos.prc
    MMPluginMGR.prc
    MMPRCPlugin.prc
    MMSDCard.prc
    MMSmartAdd.prc
    MMTextPlugin.prc
    MMUnzipPlugin.prc
    MMUpgrade.prc
    MMVCal.prc
    MMVCardPlugin.prc
    MMWave.prc
    MMWizard.prc
    MMWordPlugin.prc
    MM_BES_FPI.prc
    MultiMail.prc
    NetworkProfiles2.pdb
    PalmVMFontLibrary.prc
    SAMgr.prc
    SecurityApp.prc
    TextLookupFPI.prc
    ToDo.prc
    TxnLogLib.prc
    _MMServers.pdb

    I worked so hard to get rid of 95% of these files with the latest CustomROM tools and now "they are back" (at least on my test Treo).

    You don't really need a BB plan with the carrier (a data plan and good relationship with your IT department is all that should be needed), but who really wants buggy, slow, memory-hungry Versamail on their device again.

    Matter of fact my Treo froze (during HotSync) on the first attempt to sync the BB data (it is required as part of the install) and then I had to start the install from scratch.

    Bye Bye BB (at least for me), welcome back CE.

    It was a nice try though.
    Ix.
    I tried this update just so I could get the contacts plug-in for OTA sync to load into my Custom ROM. After I recovered from a looping reset (not enough RAM available I think) I found only about 2/3 of these files in the backup folder. In particular, the main PIM prc's and the Mutltimail prc weren't backed up.

    This is strange; when I used Uninstall Manager to view my files I saw 2 each the PIM prc's yet they weren't backed up at Hotsync.

    How can I get the new files backed up so I can load them into my ROM? Or is the fact that they didn't appear in my backup folder mean I shouldn't use these particular prc's even if I can retrieve them?
  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    I tried this update just so I could get the contacts plug-in for OTA sync to load into my Custom ROM. After I recovered from a looping reset (not enough RAM available I think) I found only about 2/3 of these files in the backup folder. In particular, the main PIM prc's and the Mutltimail prc weren't backed up.

    This is strange; when I used Uninstall Manager to view my files I saw 2 each the PIM prc's yet they weren't backed up at Hotsync.

    How can I get the new files backed up so I can load them into my ROM? Or is the fact that they didn't appear in my backup folder mean I shouldn't use these particular prc's even if I can retrieve them?
    If you had BBC installed on a T650, and still have the old Hotsync Mgr installation for that device, the BBC files should be in Program Files\Palm\Add-on\VersaMail 3.0.
  5. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #385  
    Does this work on the Treo 700?
  6. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    If you had BBC installed on a T650, and still have the old Hotsync Mgr installation for that device, the BBC files should be in Program Files\Palm\Add-on\VersaMail 3.0.
    Thank you for pointing me to correct files.
  7. #387  
    I jumped the gun on installing this program as I do not have the Enterprise Blackberry Service (just the Blackberry Internet Service through T-Mobile). Yes, I should have read the posts in more detail. However, now my calendar will no longer Sync with my Outlook/PC among other issues.

    Is there any way to remove all of the BBC component programs from the Treo? I did the Remove/Uninstall programs from the PC but the Treo still has various programs - many of which might have taken on other functions on this update/install so I hate to delete blindly.

    I'm still looking forward to dropping my RIM device in favor of the Treo (I often pull the SIM from the RIM BBerry when I don't need the email). For now I'll be happy just getting my Treo back to the way it was (pre Blackberry Connect installation).
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrroute66
    I jumped the gun on installing this program as I do not have the Enterprise Blackberry Service (just the Blackberry Internet Service through T-Mobile). Yes, I should have read the posts in more detail. However, now my calendar will no longer Sync with my Outlook/PC among other issues.

    Is there any way to remove all of the BBC component programs from the Treo? I did the Remove/Uninstall programs from the PC but the Treo still has various programs - many of which might have taken on other functions on this update/install so I hate to delete blindly.

    I'm still looking forward to dropping my RIM device in favor of the Treo (I often pull the SIM from the RIM BBerry when I don't need the email). For now I'll be happy just getting my Treo back to the way it was (pre Blackberry Connect installation).
    May have to perform a hard reset and start clean.
  9. #389  
    Yup...hardreset is what i had to do. then again..i'm a newbie to the treo.
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Does this work on the Treo 700?
    No. At least not in its current form.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  11. #391  
    I hope that I can repay the huge amount I've learned from TreoCentral over the past 18 months or so, by reporting on my experience of installing BBC for my Treo 650 in a large and complex (500+ user) law firm environment in the UK. It took numerous attempts before getting it to work, and I hope some of these pointers will be useful. Apologies for the length...

    Installation went pretty much as described in the set-up manual, but with a few issues caused by our fairly complex IT set-up. The two that took the longest to identify and might save you some time were: firstly, we found that we needed to uninstall the document management system off my PC (and then reinstall it after we'd got BBC running), because it is integrated with Outlook and for some reason wouldn't allow Outlook to sync with my Treo during the set-up. It doesn't matter once you've done the installation, because all further contact between the Treo and the Outlook mail and calendar systems is wirelessly via the Blackberry server. If you have problems during set-up, you might also find that you need to make sure that Outlook is running on-line/connected, rather than off-line - there seemed to be some kind of issue there. Secondly: we needed to put the desktop firewall in learn mode, so that we could manually allow BBC to talk to the server. Otherwise it blocked communication. Unfortunately if you run into difficulties mid-installation, it seems that you need to go back to the beginning and restart the installation. We ended up re-installing BBC at least half a dozen times. A number of people here on TC have asked about PIN numbers. I found I didn't need one - it was generated automatically during the installation process. All you need is for the IT adminstrator to set you up on the server.

    The first time we tried the installation, I didn't have a Blackberry Enterprise Server-enabled data account with my mobile service provider, and I couldn't get a connection to the Server. To connect to the Blackberry server, I needed a corporate account, rather than an individual voice/data or even an individual Blackberry-enabled account. So we got my phone number ported over to the firm's account. Originally the mobile service provider (o2) had said that I would need a new SIM, but then it simply transferred the number over to the corporate account. I had expected to see a different APN appear on the Treo's main Preferences/Network menu when this happened, and when all I could see was the original mobile.o2.co.uk APN, I didn't think BBC would work. When we got BBC working properly, I checked the Preferences/Network menu again, and it had created a new Blackberry connection, with a blackberry.net APN.

    Once we had installed BBC properly, I entered Reconcile Now on the BBC Options/Preferences/Main menu. Emails then started to appear on the Treo. I did a few tests in both directions, and everything worked fine. I then set the Outlook folders that I wanted to sync to BBC, set an autosignature and so on through the BB Config desktop application - you'll probably need to put a shortcut to it on your desktop manually, because it doesn't always seem to appear automatically.

    The service works fine. Sometimes there's a bit of a delay in getting emails to the Treo, but just as often they appear on the Treo before they appear on my desktop PC. Appointments similarly. Attachments don't seem to work very well. We run BES 4.0 and this doesn't allow you to use the native attachment viewer such as Documents to Go. This is a major drawback compared with Snapper and DTG, for example.

    Another disappointment for me is the lack of features on the Treo's built-in Calendar and Contacts. I had been using Beyond Contacts by Dataviz, which gives an Outlook look and feel to the PIM on the handheld. Somehow BBC disables the Hotsync conduit for Beyond Contacts, so I can't keep the Beyond Contacts calendar and contacts. I assume you will find the same with other handheld alternatives to the basic Palm PIM apps. Having said that, getting appointments pushed to the calendar makes up for a rather cruder feel to the calendar.

    I still use Snapper for my personal mail, and this works fine in parallel with BBC. I wasn't sure that it would. (I know that I could set up another Versamail account for my personal email, but I don't like it as much as Snapper). I've set Snapper to get mail every 30 mins, and it connects to the general data APN rather than the blackberry.net APN and then pulls email. I had to set Snapper not to disconnect after pulling email, so that the GPRS connection remains open for BBC. With BBC, the green GPRS connection arrows are almost constantly there. Occasionally the GPRS disconnects, but seems to reconnect quite quickly. If not, you can force reconnection by tapping on Reconcile Now off the BBC Options/Preferences/Main menu. The Treo tends to reset a bit more frequently than it used to - at worst a couple of times a day, perhaps, but nothing too annoying.

    Battery life is pretty good, in spite of constant GPRS connection and email push. I was only down to about 50% battery after 3 days out of the office.

    Overall verdict - I've been waiting to get corporate email on my Treo for over a year. This does the job. There are better solutions out there, in terms of functionality, but if you're tied to Blackberry Enterprise Server like many of us, this is worth taking the trouble to install, or begging your IT adminstrators to do so for you. Good luck.
  12. #392  
    I'll throw this out, just to have it logged. Used BackupMan to revert back to previous state to get rid of another app I had installed.

    After the backup loaded, BBC failed to work. Tried to open; it did nothing on the Treo, couldn't see the client at all, just a blank screen.

    Reinstalled BBC, stopping after the first sync (ie. not trying to "reprovision" on the device) and everything was back. Weird error.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  13. Jazz Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #393  
    I took the plunge yesterday and called Cingular and asked them to provide me with Blackberry Connect Service, had our IT department create an account for me on our Blackberry Enterprise Server, and downloaded the software.

    It works as advertised and I am now getting my corporate Lotus Notes emails pushed to my Treo 650. Fantastic!

    The one minor issue I have is I need to switch networks from BBC to Media Net to get Verichat or Blazer to work and then switch back to BBC for the email push. Is there a work around for this?
    Cingular GSM
    Software Treo 650 1.17-CNG
    Firmware 1.51
  14. #394  
    Have searched thread and can't find the answer...

    When running BBinstaller.exe, it goes through to "Select User" stage, and which time I highlight the correct Palm desktop user,l click "Next->" and then the app disappears completely. Downloaded from three different sources, same result.

    PLEASE HELP!!!
  15. #395  
    here's the trick - just put in info in all the fields of any kind - add your serial no. and submit - you'll be able to download the software - but in the end you will have to get a blackberry account from your provider - for Cingular my guess is that it replaces the standard data plan, but I'm not sure, because technically it's not available yet.
  16. #396  
    After installing BBC, both my BB connectivity and internet/POP3 connectivity worked fine and was seamless. All of a sudden with no changes, my internet/POP3 traffic quit working. The connection immediately canceled. After investigating quite a few different possibilities, I created a new GPRS connection profile with the proper APN setting and I was able to get connectivity. This appears to be the problem. The standard GPRS connection profile could not be changed or deleted.

    So, now I have connectivity, but when I connect to the internet, my BBC client loses connectivity and I have to manually re-register with the BB network. Since, this was working seamlessly at one point, I'm wondering if I can get it back to that point. Any ideas?
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by blunz
    here's the trick - just put in info in all the fields of any kind - add your serial no. and submit - you'll be able to download the software - but in the end you will have to get a blackberry account from your provider - for Cingular my guess is that it replaces the standard data plan, but I'm not sure, because technically it's not available yet.
    Anyone recently download BBC this way? Is it the same as the one linked on page 2 of this thread? Just wondering if there is a "new" release yet...
  18. #398  
    I am really having a tough time with Cingular on BBC. At the end of April, I called in to change to "the Blackberry plan." That's what I asked for. Viola! everything worked (email, calendar, Internet, etc.) Then I got my bill and they had removed all data plans from my account and I was charged usage for all data. My bill is normally less than $100 and it was around $350! I got that squared away with them when I called in.

    After that, I noticed that I could no longer get to the Internet, even though the BBC stuff worked. I called in again, after reading through some of the later posts and asked to be changed to the "Blackberry Connect Plan." I told them that I did not have a Blackberry and that it would function just like the Nokia 9300. Viola! Internet started working. Then I noticed I could not start the Blackberry service.

    Now, when I look in Preferences, Network, I only see the default GPRS profile. Before, I had that and the blackberry.net profile. How could changes they make to my account delete the profile? If someone has the profile settings for blackberry.net, could you post them or PM me? I don't want to do another reinstall.

    I tried to call Cingular to see what they did to my account but that department is closed today. Thanks!
  19. #399  
    I WANT IT BACK

    Ok i finally got my Tro650 to work with BBC and it was great! - was happy for a few weeks

    I just recieved my new 700p and it wont work. I have:
    - I've had my IT dept remove me from the BB server so I can generate a new PIN for my new 700p (this is where I got stuck last time)
    - I removed everything piece of palm and bbc software from my computer - like BBC Desktop Manager
    - BBC Installer
    - Plam Desktop (removed from add remove and then deleted the folder in programs folder)
    - Then hard reset on the phone

    Then
    1. Install fresh Plam Desktop
    2. Install BBC Installer
    - I get to the second HotSync screen and BANG my phone goes into a loop trying to "turn the phone on"
    - I loops approx 2 times and then just resets to the dial pad screen with phone off
    - When i try to start phone - same thing happens

    Something is getting install from the BBC that the 700p does not like - nothing else is on the phone - its a hard reset

    ANY HELP will be really appreciated

    Thanks
    Brendan
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    I WANT IT BACK

    Ok i finally got my Tro650 to work with BBC and it was great! - was happy for a few weeks

    I just recieved my new 700p and it wont work. I have:
    - I've had my IT dept remove me from the BB server so I can generate a new PIN for my new 700p (this is where I got stuck last time)
    - I removed everything piece of palm and bbc software from my computer - like BBC Desktop Manager
    - BBC Installer
    - Plam Desktop (removed from add remove and then deleted the folder in programs folder)
    - Then hard reset on the phone

    Then
    1. Install fresh Plam Desktop
    2. Install BBC Installer
    - I get to the second HotSync screen and BANG my phone goes into a loop trying to "turn the phone on"
    - I loops approx 2 times and then just resets to the dial pad screen with phone off
    - When i try to start phone - same thing happens

    Something is getting install from the BBC that the 700p does not like - nothing else is on the phone - its a hard reset

    ANY HELP will be really appreciated

    Thanks
    Brendan
    Check post #383 above. It looks like others are having issues with the 700p.

Posting Permissions