Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What the Hell does GSM have to do with this? If anything, Chatter is more suitable on GSM (other than the higher data rates that carriers might charge) than Sprint.
    Pls. keep your discussion to the topic on hand. I know you are trying to answer the other poster but this thread is about the Blackberry Connect app.
    Looks my installation went fine, although I'll have to get my sysadmin to provision my exchange account for bb before I can fully test. But so far, seems to work (except for the actual connecting to the BES server). And am still running my verizon wireless sync as well.

So, seems to install and run (can't say work until I can connect tomorrow) on CDMA Verizon phone.
    Last edited by woodsmithn; 04/18/2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    elbastardocalvo, I used a Cingular Treo 650.

woodsmithn, no I don't have a SingTel phone, I hope this will help:
    var serialindex = bbcdownload.Treo_650_serial_number.value.indexOf("PTGG");
    var seriallength = bbcdownload.Treo_650_serial_number.value.length;
    if(serialindex != 0 || seriallength != 12)
    {
    alert('Incorrect serial number. Please enter your Treo 650 serial number.');
    return false;
    }
    DUH!!!! Why did I miss the obvious???
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think I am still missing the obvious though.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I think I am still missing the obvious though.
    You have to understand web development for that to be the obvious.

Here is the direct link to the download:

http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...Treo650_SG.zip

I wonder if that will be taken down... well get it while it's there!

Edit: Mods let me know if that needs to be removed for some reason.
    Last edited by albertb; 04/18/2006 at 07:46 PM.
    By the way, the Tmo BB data plan is not something unique to T-Mo. It's also a requirement on Cingular.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So is it being said that you have to some how program or execute those programming codes into the download to get it to work?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I wouldn't start the serial# with say something like PTGG and make sure it has like no more or less than 12 digits.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Ok here is a real curious question, is running the BB client going to use more or less battery power than using something like Chatter and it's "PUSH" ability?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    By the way, the Tmo BB data plan is not something unique to T-Mo. It's also a requirement on Cingular.
    Thanks for the info, that being said, you lose any grandfathered plans when you change/add features. For CDMA users, is it the same procedure?
    it isnt with sprin, i have a grandfathered data plan that is $15 with unlimited txting ($15 gets you only 100 now) but can change my main voice plan and other features at will.
  12.    #32  
    so do you have to activate BBC with Sprint? (assuming you have Sprint) in order to use it?

I thought you only had to have your BES server activate it and register your device....
    NOTE: All testing carried out with following specs
    Unlocked, unbranded GSM Treo 650
    Firmware 01.71
    Software Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware A
    SingTel's BB Connect software (linked elsewhere in this thread)
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Lotus Domino v4.0 SP3 Hotfix 4
    GSM carrier - Rogers Wireless (Canada)

Steps to install:

1. Uninstall any previous BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (for RIM hardware BB handhelds)
    2. If using Lotus EasySync, disable said conduit.
    3. Register your user account on the BES (or contact your enterprise messaging administrator to do this if you are Joe End-user).
    4. Decompress the .zip and execute BBInstaller.exe
    5. Follow installer's on-screen prompts.
    6. The installer will require you to hotsync in order to install the .prcs to the device. After the BBC software has been installed on the device, the installer will continue and install the BlackBerry Connect Desktop for Palm.
    7. A second hotsync will be required to transfer services books and PIM data to the handheld via the newly-installed BBC conduit.

NOTE: Pre-install available memory (with my regular full load of third-party apps, data, etc) was 11.2 MB, post-install available memory is 7.6 MB.

Post-install, you will notice two things. First, the VersaMail icon has been renamed Email. Second, a new network profile (BlackBerry) has been created. This new profile is what the BBC software will use to connect to RIM's network for message delivery.

Initially when I tried to connect to the BlackBerry network using this profile, the connection would cancel. I am told this is because RIM charges the carriers a per-user fee, and unless your carrier authorizes you on a BlackBerry data plan, you will not be able to connect to RIM's servers using a standard non-BB wireless data plan.

I have contacted my wireless provider and changed my data plan to a BB-specific one. I can now connect using the BlackBerry network profile but do not presently have message routing inbound or outbound. I suspect this is because my account profile is not fully updated on the carrier side, this usually takes a day or two. In the meantime messages are queueing on the BES as they should be.

The green arrow data indicator stays on but you are able to receive voice calls and so on normally. I will post further updates once they are available.
    After further examination I have determined that the Enterprise Activation portion of the normal BB device setup has not completed successfully on the T650.

The user account status indicates that the Service Books and IT policies have been pushed, but there is no acknowledgement from the client. In other words the "IT policies received" date/time field is blank.
    Well, I now have it installed on my Cingular branded and locked Treo 650, using our corporate BES. It works exactly as advertised. I have been using the Chatter OWA client for email; I will do some informal comparison of battery consumption.

So far, though, I am really digging push email and calendar.
    elbastardocalvo
    I'm trying to get my IT guys to set me up an account on the blackberry server - If they do, I'll try this on a sprint cdma. T
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I tried to install the BB stuff last night, took all the memory up on my Treo and when I uninstalled it, I must have taken a file I shouldn't have cause it cause the Treo to go into a reset loop, had to take it off and run my restore software! I am still curious about the battery life....
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    After further examination I have determined that the Enterprise Activation portion of the normal BB device setup has not completed successfully on the T650.

The user account status indicates that the Service Books and IT policies have been pushed, but there is no acknowledgement from the client. In other words the "IT policies received" date/time field is blank.
    I had the same result (Sprint 650). Still fiddling. My calendar did sync and I got my message headers, but didn't get message bodies and couldn't look up addresses in the corporate directory.

If anybody makes any progress on this please let us know.
    Do you have to have an Enterprise server in order for this to work? Can you not have a utility that runs like the normal BB's (Redirector) on your desktop, kind of like Sprint's BizConnect software?
    Someone over at BlackBerryForums.com tested this BBC client with BlackBerry Internet Service (basically an improved BB Web Client) and they were not successful.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast