Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    FWIW - I got my corporate issue BB today, pulled the SIM and put it in my unlocked Cingular 650. Did the install (had to enable the "bb connect on next hotsync") and I have email and calendar access.

I am having trouble getting web access - any ideas on that one ?
    You will need to add MediaNet as well as the BB plan to your account.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    sorry - more data.

The BB I was issued is on T-Mo. I had web access when I was using my Cing plan, but now I am officially on a T-Mo plan. I guess I need some proxy settings - any ideas ?

I know the T-Mo BBs have web access available. when I go to web, it tries to connect via all 3 options (T-Mo Internet, VPN and TZone) and cancels all 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by MH01
    I resolved the DBscan reset problem by forcing Pylon to overwrite Treo calendar. I thought this would fix the calendar sync problems I've been having. It didn't......
    Does anyone have an idea of the cause? I have the BB SOC and I've have the service books resent. I'm stumped.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this???????? I can't get the BBC calendar sync to work consistently.

Thanks
    sorry - more data.

The BB I was issued is on T-Mo. I had web access when I was using my Cing plan, but now I am officially on a T-Mo plan. I guess I need some proxy settings - any ideas ?

I know the T-Mo BBs have web access available. when I go to web, it tries to connect via all 3 options (T-Mo Internet, VPN and TZone) and cancels all 3.
    RIM-hardware BBs usually access the web via the BES, through MDS (Mobile Data Service). T650s can not use MDS and access the web directly through their carrier-provided network profiles. My advice would be to contact the wireless carrier and ensure that a non-BB data plan coexists on the account with your BB data plan.

Then ensure that your default network profile is whatever data APN the wireless carrier specifies. BBC will be smart enough to connect via blackberry.net, no matter what the default net profile is.
    Nothing I have done seems to work in getting this back on the device.

I've uninstalled from desktop; I've had BES admin remove and re-add my account; I've done a hard reset and built up the 650 from scratch with no luck.

When I get to provisioning the handset it acts like its provisioning, asking whether or not to use outlook and it sends calendar data, but the BBC account in VersaMail doesn't connect to the BES (it still acts like a regular versamail account). It does not ask me to wave the mouse back and forth to encrypt unless the account has just been reset by the admin (and let me tell you what a pain that is...getting through our offshore tech support that can't seem to understand what to do unless it's scripted out).

If I open up BBC Desktop, I see a pin assigned. this is extremely frustrating.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    RIM-hardware BBs usually access the web via the BES, through MDS (Mobile Data Service). T650s can not use MDS and access the web directly through their carrier-provided network profiles. My advice would be to contact the wireless carrier and ensure that a non-BB data plan coexists on the account with your BB data plan.

Then ensure that your default network profile is whatever data APN the wireless carrier specifies. BBC will be smart enough to connect via blackberry.net, no matter what the default net profile is.
    Thanks - I guess the challenge is that my wireless support group thinks I am running a BB. Actually, they told me it was not possible to use a non-RIM device at this time, so is the definition of possible "supported" or "they won't work".

I tried to call wireless support to poke around a little, and did not get any info. Is it possible that I could actually call T-Mo directly to inquire about my account, even though it is provided by the company ?

any other thoughts ?
    Thanks - I guess the challenge is that my wireless support group thinks I am running a BB. Actually, they told me it was not possible to use a non-RIM device at this time, so is the definition of possible "supported" or "they won't work".

I tried to call wireless support to poke around a little, and did not get any info. Is it possible that I could actually call T-Mo directly to inquire about my account, even though it is provided by the company ?

any other thoughts ?
    In my experience most wireless providers allow their BB plans to communicate via their regular Internet APNs, so I'm not sure what the hold-up would be.

My carrier allows per-use billing for using the Internet APN without a dedicated data plan. If yours does likewise then there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to hit the net using the appropriate network profile on your Treo.

Before you inquire about what is and isn't permitted under the BB plan, why don't you try to compare network profile notes with someone else on the same wireless carrier?

If all of your settings are the same, then call up the carrier and see what sort of Internet APN access is permitted under the BB plan.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    and by comparing network profile notes, you mean go into the config on the BB ??
    Success! After a second add and delete of the BES account following a hard reset, back up.

Need to check if deletions from the device are happening on the server...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    I'm on Sprint. Do you need the newest firmware to use this? I have it installed fine but stuck at "Disconnected" even though the service book is installed. The PIN shows up in the BES, but just connectivity through the network through my data account. Just thought maybe it was the firmware version I was running, since i'm at a loss.

Thanks.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Don't know if you must have it, but I'm at 1.13a
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    HOLY CRAP - I GOT IT...

In case you did not know, I got a BB issued by my company for T-Mo. IT will NOT support anything but a BB. Loaded BBC, sync and go - email and calendar worked right from the start, but no internet

To access internet:

go to network / menu / new
    service = T-mobile GPRS (you can give it any name)
    Connection = GPRS
    Username = BLANK
    Password = BLANK
    APN = wap.voicestream.com

you're all set....
    Anyone know if BB Connect will work with the T600? I have a T600 that is currently having problems but can have it replaced for $170 with another T600 while I wait for the new GSM Treo to come out. In the meantime have a T-mobile BB and my service for my broken T600 is T-mobile as well. If BB connect will work on T600, may be worth it to spend the $170 so I don't have to use this stupid BB as I wait for a new GSM Treo....especially since Palm never tells us what/when is being released!

So, will BB Connect work with T600? Wondering why not if the answer is no....
    Does anyone know if the PIN gets changed every time the BBC software is reinstalled? I didn't pay attention when reinstalling. I crashed my Treo with some new software so I decided to reinstall from scratch and got it back up and running. BBC can send emails and remotely update calendar entries, but for some reason incoming emails don't get received by Versamail nor do desktop initiated calendar entries get on the Palm Calendar. I'm suspecting the PIN was changed but thought it would be constant because the phone is the same. Anyone have ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    Does anyone know if the PIN gets changed every time the BBC software is reinstalled? I didn't pay attention when reinstalling. I crashed my Treo with some new software so I decided to reinstall from scratch and got it back up and running. BBC can send emails and remotely update calendar entries, but for some reason incoming emails don't get received by Versamail nor do desktop initiated calendar entries get on the Palm Calendar. I'm suspecting the PIN was changed but thought it would be constant because the phone is the same. Anyone have ideas?
    The PIN is static, it does not change. Must be based off the hardware S/N or something similarly unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    The PIN is static, it does not change. Must be based off the hardware S/N or something similarly unique.
    "PIN is generated using the phone's IMEI" according to blackberryforums posting. Strange why mine isn't working now as this should still be unchanged.
    Can anyone help? Over the air sync works only one way now. Email and calendar sends and updates just fine from the Treo via blackberry.net connection, but nothing ever comes back the oter way. I started with a clean Treo again with nothing else installed and just installed BBC. Install went well and I know I have a connection. Verified that the PIN doesn't change. I tried various things such as regenerating the keys manually with the mouse wiggles. I wonder if these new keys need to be recognized or activated by the BES admins. Remote address lookup fails too. Nothing seems to be coming back to the Treo.
    Can anyone help? Over the air sync works only one way now. Email and calendar sends and updates just fine from the Treo via blackberry.net connection, but nothing ever comes back the oter way. I started with a clean Treo again with nothing else installed and just installed BBC. Install went well and I know I have a connection. Verified that the PIN doesn't change. I tried various things such as regenerating the keys manually with the mouse wiggles. I wonder if these new keys need to be recognized or activated by the BES admins. Remote address lookup fails too. Nothing seems to be coming back to the Treo.
    Sorry everyone. I've got it figured out now. I tried to connect to Web page and it sends with no response so no pages would load. I thought to myself, huh? Finally I realized that I had pulled the sim tray out earlier. Could that have something to do with it? So i pulled it out, wiped off the surface, slid it back in, reconnected BBC, and BAM! All of it started pouring back. I'm happy again.
    Sorry everyone. I've got it figured out now. I tried to connect to Web page and it sends with no response so no pages would load. I thought to myself, huh? Finally I realized that I had pulled the sim tray out earlier. Could that have something to do with it? So i pulled it out, wiped off the surface, slid it back in, reconnected BBC, and BAM! All of it started pouring back. I'm happy again.
    This happens to me too (I'm on T-MO). This especially happens when u go through place where u loose ur signal. Anyhow, to fix it is to pull out the sim and reinsert it (at least works for me everytime). T-MO says that the treo has incompatibilities w/ their data network, that's why they don't carry it.
    Does anyone have the actual PRCs??

For some reason, I my software won't install on my desktop.

I'd like to try this out on my new 700p.