Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    I turned the confirm deletion off. I'm going to re-enable and see if that makes a difference.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    nope. still not deleting from server after deleting on Treo...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyNupe
    I need help with installing the BBC successfully to my VZW Treo 650 and have a few questions:

1) Do I need to have Versamail already installed before installing BBC/Versamail?

2) During my attempts to install BBC, it fails during the 2nd or 3rd install with the message "your account is not provisioned". How do I get my account provisioned? My local IT dept?

3) Upon contacting IT, they asked me for the BB PIN. How do I get the PIN? None of the BBC documentation mentions anything about the PIN.

4) Many posts have mentioned the need to change data plans to a BB data plan. VZW wireless data support told me their is no difference between their plans. Has anyone else found out otherwise?

Any answers/help is greatly appreciated.
    1) VersaMail is part of the stock T650 ROM -- it's already on the device and no additional install is required. If you have installed a custom ROM that has removed VersaMail, then you may have to go back to a stock configuration.

2) Two things need to happen. You need to have a BB data SOC added to your wireless account, and your BES administrator needs to add your mail account to the BES.

3) The IT dept does not need to know your PIN unless your BES is ancient (v2.x). The newer BES releases (4.x) do not require you to input the hardware PIN while setting up the account. Note that BBC only works with BES versions 3.6 and 4.x for Exchange, or BES 4.x for Domino. If your BES is 2.x then they need to know the PIN first, and you are out of luck because BBC does not support it. You will not be able to find out your T650's PIN until BBC is installed, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    You can configure which folders to see on the Treo by going into the "BlackBerry Connect Desktop" application. It is under the "Advanced" Tab. You can choose either "Inbox only" or "Selected Folders"
    I think this only allows you to assign folders that have incoming messages sent to them directly as a rule in outlook, not to synch the folers themselves. I will try this but i dont think that that is the proper option.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Nobody else is reporting this issue. I receive e-mail on my Treo within 5 seconds, or sooner, from when it hits my outlook inbox. The deletes take about 20-30 seconds, but they do happen.
    Same here, deletes do get passed back to the server-side mail file, although it takes a half a minute or so.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings everyone.

Well, I’ve achieved partial success with my SPCS Treo 650 and BBC with Lotus Notes. As noted earlier, I was having problems with phantom calendar entries, numbering in the 100’s of thousands.

My IT department created an entirely new mail file on our servers and the BES and the calendar problem still comes up. When I sync it launches into “Uploading Calendar Appointment Entries” and will not stop (I killed the process after 170k). The only problem now, is my calendar application on my Treo is completely useless! It won’t sync with Palm Desktop or Outlook at home and/or at work. I know of the "wireless calendar function overriding the conduits", but since I don’t have it “enabled” does anyone know of a work around? Does anyone know where to find that functionality with BBC?

On the success side of things is my e-mail is forwarding to my Treo within seconds, or even before I see it in my Inbox. I’m using Butler as a notification method and it’s working well.

As for the delete question; I’ve set the BBC to delete from server. While not instantaneous, it’ll delete it eventually.

So far, this experiment is working quite well, but as others have pointed out Sprint’s BCPE redirector has more features, allows use of calendar syncing and is just a plain ol’ better system, but alas…IT policies being what they are, don’t allow third-party software…oh, and if you need to reboot that PC while traveling…good-bye to your e-mail connectivity with the Treo.

The world is full of compromises…hopefully, someone will help me figure out the calendar issue, or at least get me back to using the calendar on the Treo.

Cheers,
    -George
    Chris/Others,

Has anybody seen this error when provisioning the BB Connect for the first time. My colleague and I setup his without any issues. I get the following error when running the "Handset Link" phase of the install/provision process:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

This is very frustrating seeing that we got his to work without any issues and I get this type of error. I can sync all the palm conduits during this process without issues as well.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 05/19/2006 at 11:10 AM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I resolved the DBscan reset problem by forcing Pylon to overwrite Treo calendar. I thought this would fix the calendar sync problems I've been having. It didn't......
    Does anyone have an idea of the cause? I have the BB SOC and I've have the service books resent. I'm stumped.
    I have Sprint, and I just read the BBC Setup Guide.

The setup guide says I need an account on a corporate BES, which I can get no problem. But also says I need a Blackberry data plan with the wireless carrier.

My questions are:

Do I need both, or will an account on the BES do just fine?

And, would the Blackberry data plan from Sprint separate from a standard data plan?

Thanks, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
    I have Sprint, and I just read the BBC Setup Guide.

The setup guide says I need an account on a corporate BES, which I can get no problem. But also says I need a Blackberry data plan with the wireless carrier.

My questions are:

Do I need both, or will an account on the BES do just fine?

And, would the Blackberry data plan from Sprint separate from a standard data plan?

Thanks, folks.
    I am on Sprint with unlimited vision. I am running BBC without a separate "BB data plan."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Same here, deletes do get passed back to the server-side mail file, although it takes a half a minute or so.
    Wacky, I wonder why it's not syncing correctly? I get emails realtime (I'm working from home and have LAN/VPN up on my work laptop and webmail up on my desktop and Treo BBC next to me), and deletes from webmail or Outlook happen realtime in those, but do nothing in BBC; nor do deletes from BBC show up in webmail or outlook.

Wonder if I uninstall then reinstall BBc again if it will work? Any other theories?
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    BBC only work with BES or will it work with t-mobile blackberry unlimited ?
    thanks
    OK, now I'm screwed.

Called IT (first level reps in India) and they couldn't troubleshoot sync issue as I'm not using typical BB device or software.

So I decided to delete "Email" from Treo and reinstall, even deleting BBC desktop. Though I get a successful provisioning message after the end of the BBC install, the Treo doesn't have BBC set up correctly (now has the "get" listed when opening BBC account on treo, and though it says it's provsioning, there's no prompt to move mouse for new encryption key).

Going into BBC desktop shows a pin for the device. What now? Ask IT to delete the device so I can re-register?
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    1) VersaMail is part of the stock T650 ROM -- it's already on the device and no additional install is required. If you have installed a custom ROM that has removed VersaMail, then you may have to go back to a stock configuration.

2) Two things need to happen. You need to have a BB data SOC added to your wireless account, and your BES administrator needs to add your mail account to the BES.

3) The IT dept does not need to know your PIN unless your BES is ancient (v2.x). The newer BES releases (4.x) do not require you to input the hardware PIN while setting up the account. Note that BBC only works with BES versions 3.6 and 4.x for Exchange, or BES 4.x for Domino. If your BES is 2.x then they need to know the PIN first, and you are out of luck because BBC does not support it. You will not be able to find out your T650's PIN until BBC is installed, anyway.
    1). VersaMail is not in the VZW T650 rom because they support the Wireless Sync App. VersaMail is available on your supplied CD-ROM or by downloading from Palm

4). As of yet, I have not been able to to get a BBC Connection on VZW. If you get yours to work please post it here.

I got this response back from of the the Govt Product Managers at VZW about BBC.

At this time, VZW has not approved this application, it is currently being tested in our labs.
    The Treo supports Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes via an Enterprise server solution and will also support POP3 emails.

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Steven E. Perlberg
    Manager, Data Solutions
    Verizon Wireless
    mobile: 617-877-4400
    fax: 617-780-3092
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    can someone tell me if bbc only work with BES ? or anyone tried to use Blackberry unlimited ?
    It will only work on BES
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    damn.. not for me then
    I am extremely satisfied with BBC, especially with the Butler hack for vibrating alerts. I still cannot seem to get my Outlook folder structure in my Treo, very frustrating. I am a long time blackberry user who is satisfied with this.
    I also have had no success getting BBC to work with VZN. Its the BB data account that is the problem as Chris has been stating in this whole thread. I have talked to our company's VZN rep and was told that its an issue with thier system not recognizing the 650 as a BB. IMO - Working in systems, anything can be done its a matter of how much effort you want to put into it and help out. I also called the regular support line and got a very good tech that told me they have tested it and it worked but he did not know when or if it would be released... Just a bummer, I hate carrying 2 devices! Specially when the Treo can out perform a BB anyday...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    FWIW - I got my corporate issue BB today, pulled the SIM and put it in my unlocked Cingular 650. Did the install (had to enable the "bb connect on next hotsync") and I have email and calendar access.

I am having trouble getting web access - any ideas on that one ?