Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MH01
    DBscan resets the Treo everytime it runs since the installation of BBC. Does anyone know how or if this can be fixed??????

I thought rebuilding the calendar database might fix the issue. I'm not sure how to force the rebuild. Any thoughts????
    First be sure that you have installed the latest version of DBscan.

Perhaps you may want to uninstall BBC (from device and desktop), perform a normal Calendar sync, run DBscan then (to see what is problematic), and modify/delete the problematic entries in your Exchange or Notes calendar. This should clear up whatever entries are having issues, and then go ahead and install BBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    I'm wondering if this is what I'm running into. I have Sprint and was able to (seemingly) set up with no problem (with MS Outlook on win2k). However, while emails and calendar comes through fine, outgoing/sent mail from 650 fails.

IT dept. documentation states that typical new setup for a BB device requires set up of an "activation password" that you enter when "starting the Enterprise Activation process on your BlackBerry." On BBC, there's nowhere I see where such password can be input.

Our BB policy specifically states that BBC is not supported, so I'm not confident of reaching out to work with them through this issue...I did learn we support both AES and 3DES.

EDIT: UPDATE; don't know how, but this appears to have resolved itself.

While not as feature rich as even Sprint's BCPE, it will be nice not having to leave my PC up and running in order to get/respond to mail.
    Your IT dept documentation is referring to the EA process for a RIM-hardware BB device; it does not apply to the T650.

The T650 receives enterprise activation through the BB Connect install, during the second hotsync.

I'm glad it's all working for you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    I have been reluctant to toy with Butler because of previous crash experiences, but the lack of vibration support in BBC is practically unforgiveable. It might drive me to try the latest version.

As for the 13-year-old Notes Calendar, I am surprised your IT dept has not aimed the Finger of God at you and forced you to clean it up, via archiving or deletion.

If you really don't want to delete all that stuff, save it in a local archive. You can still open it up and see it, but it won't get transferred to the T650 via BBC.
    I'm in the IT dept..... Ha ha ha.....

I cleaned it out months ago when I was having sync problems.... Notes is a little sloppy with it's calendar management. The cleanup fixed a lot of issues.
    I'm not sure how to remove BBC on the Treo. It seems to have intertwined itself with calendar and email/versamail.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by MH01
    I'm not sure how to remove BBC on the Treo. It seems to have intertwined itself with calendar and email/versamail.

Any suggestions?
    Before you nuke the BBC-installed Email app, have your Domino admin run a fixup, updall -r, and compact -c on your mail file. That should clean up any corruption or structural issues within the Notes DB itself... any "corruption" that remains will be only in the sense of data types (symbols, accented characters, file attachments to calendar entries) not recognised or supported by the Palm DBs.

I do not know the exact filenames (for precision work with Filez), but it appears that if you use the standard Palm delete option, Email and Calendar are selectable.

Back it all up first though because heaven knows what else it might affect. There's no uninstall info for BBC on anybody's sites.
    I had Butler enabled for all of 20 minutes before deleting. I get simply too many messages coming in for it to be useful as the damn thing was nearly vibrating constantly!!!

One other annoyance I'm trying to figure out how to clear...is there anyway to NOT have BBC emails trigger the snowflake alert?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I had Butler enabled for all of 20 minutes before deleting. I get simply too many messages coming in for it to be useful as the damn thing was nearly vibrating constantly!!!

One other annoyance I'm trying to figure out how to clear...is there anyway to NOT have BBC emails trigger the snowflake alert?
    That is pretty standard "core" T650 functionality. The snowflake gets triggered for all alert types - new mail, calendar alarms, missed phone calls, new voicemails... and so on. It's a... feature.
    It's a... feature.

Maybe I'm just not observant, but I don't think it popped up when Sprint BCPE emails came through; just calendar appointments and SMS messages. Again, as I get a ton of email daily, this "feature" is annoying!

BTW, I am so happy I stumbled on this thread. When Sprint told me they weren't supporting BBC on the 650 I was real bummed.
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory

Maybe I'm just not observant, but I don't think it popped up when Sprint BCPE emails came through; just calendar appointments and SMS messages. Again, as I get a ton of email daily, this "feature" is annoying!

BTW, I am so happy I stumbled on this thread. When Sprint told me they weren't supporting BBC on the 650 I was real bummed.
    Under BBC Preferences > Alerts, you have the option to disable audible notification of incoming mail. Turning this off also turns off the asterix / snowflake alert.

As an aside I find the asterix alerts clear themselves when you launch E-mail, it's not that bad.
    I need help with installing the BBC successfully to my VZW Treo 650 and have a few questions:

1) Do I need to have Versamail already installed before installing BBC/Versamail?

2) During my attempts to install BBC, it fails during the 2nd or 3rd install with the message "your account is not provisioned". How do I get my account provisioned? My local IT dept?

3) Upon contacting IT, they asked me for the BB PIN. How do I get the PIN? None of the BBC documentation mentions anything about the PIN.

4) Many posts have mentioned the need to change data plans to a BB data plan. VZW wireless data support told me their is no difference between their plans. Has anyone else found out otherwise?

Any answers/help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by PhillyNupe; 05/18/2006 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Great! Just downloaded and installed Butler. Got it to flash the led and vibrate. Although, it took me a few tries before I figured out that the led blink happens first, for about 5 seconds, then it vibrates. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't get vibrate to work. Now...there is only one issue left-viewing attachments.
    Can you help me in configuring butler for the email, i cant seem to get it to tie into the email
    Under BBC Preferences > Alerts, you have the option to disable audible notification of incoming mail. Turning this off also turns off the asterix / snowflake alert.

As an aside I find the asterix alerts clear themselves when you launch E-mail, it's not that bad.
    I didn't realize that...that's actually kind of cool. Still finding some tweaks that are needed. Doesn't look like the device and server are synching properly. Deleting from one doesn't apear to delete from the other...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    OK - I have Butler configured.

My questions on BBC:

1) When I go to prefs / network, my Service is MediaNet, my connection is GPRS. BBC works and so does internet browsing, I dont seem to have a problem at all going back and forth. I can change the MediaNet to blackberry.com, but I havent because everything seems to be working fine. Am I incurring excess data charges with the Service as MediaNet instead of blackberry.com?

2) The most important questoin that I have is how do I get my Outlook folders on my Treo. I cannot seem to figure out how to view them on my Treo. I thus cannot view filed messages on teh Treo, nor can I file new messages from my Treo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Also note that BBC viewer is used for all attachments -- nothing defaults to docs to go (I only have lite/default 7.006 ver). I deleted and reinstalled DTG with same results...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Anyone have a guess as to if BBC will work on the Sprint 700p? I will be a 1st time treo user when I get it soon (i hope), and I'm drooling at the thought of having BBC work. I can't imagine there would be major reasons why it wouldn't but thought I'd ask the resident experts if I'm missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Anyone have a guess as to if BBC will work on the Sprint 700p? I will be a 1st time treo user when I get it soon (i hope), and I'm drooling at the thought of having BBC work. I can't imagine there would be major reasons why it wouldn't but thought I'd ask the resident experts if I'm missing something.
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't. But so far, I'm not impressed, especially if I must delete messages twice (still can't figure out why it's not syncing deletions as noted above).

Didn't realize Chatter can pull from Exchange webmail...going to try that out today...if it can, sounds like it's worth the $35. Heck, I was impressed with Sprint's BCPE with the exception of having to have the redirect, which becomes useless when traveling...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't. But so far, I'm not impressed, especially if I must delete messages twice (still can't figure out why it's not syncing deletions as noted above).
    Delete twice? I read the entire thread last night...must have missed this issue. Does everyone have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by canesfins
    OK - I have Butler configured.

My questions on BBC:

....2) The most important questoin that I have is how do I get my Outlook folders on my Treo. I cannot seem to figure out how to view them on my Treo. I thus cannot view filed messages on teh Treo, nor can I file new messages from my Treo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    You can configure which folders to see on the Treo by going into the "BlackBerry Connect Desktop" application. It is under the "Advanced" Tab. You can choose either "Inbox only" or "Selected Folders"
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Delete twice? I read the entire thread last night...must have missed this issue. Does everyone have this problem?
    Nobody else is reporting this issue. I receive e-mail on my Treo within 5 seconds, or sooner, from when it hits my outlook inbox. The deletes take about 20-30 seconds, but they do happen.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I don't have the problem with deleting twice (once on BBC & once on Outlook). I have my prefs set under "Deletion" to "Confirm Deletion". This way it prompts me to "Also delete message(s) on server."

I prefer it this way, not all of the messages I delete on my Treo do I want removed from my Exchange mailbox.