Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Now the question is will it work on the new 700P model that is due out????
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    Has anyone found a way to use DTG to open all of these attachment types. I'm loving BBC right now and loving being back with my Treo after 6 months with a corporate BB device. A solution to this would just make my day!
    Any progress on this front? I can't even view documents of any kind with the internal BB viewer. If I click the attachment I get the little list -- doc name, "table of contents", "full content" and a graphical clock image. Then I click on "full content" then the image changes then nothing happens. No document appears. Same thing if I try to "Select Viewer." This is such a huge drawback for me that I've considered running two email programs -- BBC to read and another in case I need to see documents. Pathetic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Any progress on this front? I can't even view documents of any kind with the internal BB viewer. If I click the attachment I get the little list -- doc name, "table of contents", "full content" and a graphical clock image. Then I click on "full content" then the image changes then nothing happens. No document appears. Same thing if I try to "Select Viewer." This is such a huge drawback for me that I've considered running two email programs -- BBC to read and another in case I need to see documents. Pathetic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I deleted and reinstalled DocsToGo after BBC. I still get unexplainable results, but I can at least view every document. I just can't always explain why one opens in DtG and the other in the the BBC viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    I deleted and reinstalled DocsToGo after BBC. I still get unexplainable results, but I can at least view every document. I just can't always explain why one opens in DtG and the other in the the BBC viewer.
    I did likewise but it seems that the results are the same as my original testing:

MS Word (.doc) - non-selectable, defaults to BBC internal viewer. Viewable with some formatting.
    MS Excel (.xls) - selectable (DTG as only option), defaults to Docs to Go. Viewable and editable.
    MS PowerPoint (.ppt) - selectable (DTG as only option), defaults to Docs to Go. Viewable and editable.
    Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) - non-selectable, defaults to BBC internal viewer. Viewable, negligible formatting.
    JPG images (.jpg) - selectable, defaults to BBC internal viewer. Viewable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    I did likewise but it seems that the results are the same as my original testing:

MS Word (.doc) - non-selectable, defaults to BBC internal viewer. Viewable with some formatting.
    MS Excel (.xls) - selectable (DTG as only option), defaults to Docs to Go. Viewable and editable.
    MS PowerPoint (.ppt) - selectable (DTG as only option), defaults to Docs to Go. Viewable and editable.
    Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) - non-selectable, defaults to BBC internal viewer. Viewable, negligible formatting.
    I hope someone finds a way to configure this. It is the only think I'm not liking about BBC right now.
    I hope someone finds a way to configure this. It is the only think I'm not liking about BBC right now.
    This plus the inability to have the Treo vibrate when I get a new message.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    This plus the inability to have the Treo vibrate when I get a new message.
    Butler's attention grabber works very nicely for this. You can set the alert to be any combination of a tone, vibrate, and led. I have mine vibrate twice and flash the led. Behaves very similar to my old RIM device. Great utility from www.HobbyistSoftware.com.
    Butler's attention grabber works very nicely for this. You can set the alert to be any combination of a tone, vibrate, and led. I have mine vibrate twice and flash the led. Behaves very similar to my old RIM device. Great utility from www.HobbyistSoftware.com.
    Great! Just downloaded and installed Butler. Got it to flash the led and vibrate. Although, it took me a few tries before I figured out that the led blink happens first, for about 5 seconds, then it vibrates. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't get vibrate to work. Now...there is only one issue left-viewing attachments.
    Last edited by crawform; 05/12/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor

My BBC does not use Docs-to-Go at all - even if you utilize "select viewer" function it still defaults to the BBC viewer for all file types. Excel files appear as though they are viewed in Docs-to-Go but actually when you try to edit - you see that it is still the BBC attachment viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr
    My BBC does not use Docs-to-Go at all - even if you utilize "select viewer" function it still defaults to the BBC viewer for all file types. Excel files appear as though they are viewed in Docs-to-Go but actually when you try to edit - you see that it is still the BBC attachment viewer.
    Are you using the light DTG version packaged with the T650 on the installer CD, or the full-blown package?
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr
    Cingular (orange SIM) now segregates Blackberry.net data from GPRS data. I initially called in and had my account changed to Blackberry Unlimited. BBC on T650 worked fine with that but could not get Blazer or POP mail accounts to work. Called back again and asked them to set me up with a Blackberry Connect data plan (told them I was using Nokia 9300 - only phone Cingular currently supports with BBC). Now I have access to both blackberry.net and MEdiaNet (GPRS) - BBC, POP accounts, and Blazer all work now.

With respect to manually having to change connections - I have found that if you exit Blazer and are patient (takes a few minutes) - BBC client will eventually find blackberry.net all on its own. If you are not patient - then yes you have to manually switch networks.
    Thanks knudsonr. I installed it yesterday, made the calls to Cingular to convert to the "Blackberry Connect" plan (the one required for Nokia 9300). Had to make a second call to their data support service to get them to reprovision the MediaNet account (they deleted it when they removed PDA Connect unlimited).

Switching is a bit of pain, especially since Verichat doesnt seem to work over the blackberry.net network.

Despite these small imperfections - this still rocks. One device on my belt now - a Treo - with my corporate e-mail !
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. The Declaration of Arbroath 1320.

Learn more about Scotland - http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cf...#comment204236
    Now that I have this running with my corporate email. Im trying to get the blackberry internet browsing service sent to my treo to see if that will allow other ervices over the blackberry.net connection.

if you have a blackberry webclient (https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular) you can send service books to your account (this worked with my old RIM 7290).

I have loogged onto the webclient, registered my BBC PIN and IMEI #, the service books do not appear to be pushed and mail is not forwarding (hotmal & optonline). My corporate email is working fine.

Any ideas
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. The Declaration of Arbroath 1320.

Learn more about Scotland - http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cf...#comment204236
    Quote Originally Posted by bbmitch
    Now that I have this running with my corporate email. Im trying to get the blackberry internet browsing service sent to my treo to see if that will allow other ervices over the blackberry.net connection.

if you have a blackberry webclient (https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular) you can send service books to your account (this worked with my old RIM 7290).

I have loogged onto the webclient, registered my BBC PIN and IMEI #, the service books do not appear to be pushed and mail is not forwarding (hotmal & optonline). My corporate email is working fine.

Any ideas
    BB Connect only supports push via BES, not BlackBerry Internet Service. They are pretty explicit about this:

http://www.palm.com/sg/solutions/pro...kberryconnect/
    If anyone could help with this it would be appreciated:

I have the BBC plan on my account.
    I've installed BBC on my Unlocked Cing Treo at least 6 times and I can't get it to work. I have a T-Mo BB and planned on reprovisioning to the Cing Treo. The installation software found my BES and asked to change the PIN from the T-MO PIN. This process seemed to work prefectly. I finished the provisioning and s/w install with no problem. The Email app on the Treo has the BBC account setup but it doesn't have any of the BBC prefs choices. Mail isn't routing to BBC.......

What am I doing wrong???????????
    Does anybody have any insight on this timezone issue with BBC?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113976
    Quote Originally Posted by MH01
    If anyone could help with this it would be appreciated:

I have the BBC plan on my account.
    I've installed BBC on my Unlocked Cing Treo at least 6 times and I can't get it to work. I have a T-Mo BB and planned on reprovisioning to the Cing Treo. The installation software found my BES and asked to change the PIN from the T-MO PIN. This process seemed to work prefectly. I finished the provisioning and s/w install with no problem. The Email app on the Treo has the BBC account setup but it doesn't have any of the BBC prefs choices. Mail isn't routing to BBC.......

What am I doing wrong???????????
    Enabling the Versamail conduit fixed the issue. BBC works perfectly now.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    MH01, you found it. I was experiencing the same problem and then saw that my Versamail conduit was not enabled. Enabled it and all is working fine.
    Some of you ay have noted I installed BBC over the last few days. I have ended up revoking the install.

It worked fine - BES fwding email & calendar - however, not sure this is ready for primetime.

The real issue is versamail and palm calendar. Versamail has its own issues (widely discussed elsewhere), but the Palm calendar is not condusive to a large corporate environment, whereas the RIM calendar is. I couldnt live only being able to respond to invites and creating meetings while not being able to invite others from my mobile device.

I also had problems getting the email read status to reflect in my corporate email.

I am runing in a Lotus Notes 6.5 environment. I have gone back to just hotsyncing (using mNotes) my calendar, notepad & contacts ........... and reverted to carrying the 7290 & my Treo.

I would consider RIM's & Palm attempts to integrate a good beta - not quite ready from prime time.

Ok - Treo 650, Lotus Domino.

Installed BBC - no problems or errors during install except going to Versamail preferences under BBC account and I didn't get the new menus for Blackberry.

So I deleted "Email" on the Treo and uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop client from the Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.

When trying to reinstall the BB Desktop client I am now getting an error message stating that "Can't Start HotSync --- HotSync failed to launch properly. Restart your computer and try again."

I've restarted twice to no avail. Any ideas?
    When I try to provision my Treo 650 (CNG) during the initial setup, it gives me an error that it says It cannot connect to my device. I have it plugged in and syncing to hotsync fine. I also made sure the conduits are enabled and added BB unlimited to my account. I have BBC files installed fine on the 650 as well. When I open the BBC desktop software I get my PIN, etc. Sounds like I am pretty close to getting this to work. any ideas?

Here is the error message I get during HotSync:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

The BBC Preferences >> Main on my Treo say "suspended" next to where it should say GRPS, etc.. I try to "Register Now" and nothing happens.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 05/15/2006 at 02:35 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone