Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    so.... BB devices support AES ?
    The RIM-hardware BB devices do, yes.
    The BBC setup on the handheld is not completing successfully. I have the BBC versamail account, but no preferences for BBC and I still have the "get" button on the account. I've rerun the setup like others have suggested with no luck. I am getting the download of the calendar entries. The first time I did the install I got the encryption dialog that requires you to move the mouse around, but I haven't gotten that dialog in any subsequent installs. Does this step require the BB data plan to be active? I haven't done that yet. However, I thought all the communication was happening through the hotsync cable. Any suggestions to get this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by rudedog
    The BBC setup on the handheld is not completing successfully. I have the BBC versamail account, but no preferences for BBC and I still have the "get" button on the account. I've rerun the setup like others have suggested with no luck. I am getting the download of the calendar entries. The first time I did the install I got the encryption dialog that requires you to move the mouse around, but I haven't gotten that dialog in any subsequent installs. Does this step require the BB data plan to be active? I haven't done that yet. However, I thought all the communication was happening through the hotsync cable. Any suggestions to get this to work?
    Make sure your VersaMail conduit is set to "synchronize". If it is set to "Do Nothing" then the updates needed for VersaMail to finish BBC set-up won't cross during HotSync. I did this and it finished the setup the next time I sync'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    I am on Cingular and I do not have that problem. Under Prefs, Network, the GPRS profile is selected. It appears that when I start the BBC service in Email, Prefs, Main, Start Service, it does the necessary magic. I can get email, make a call and go to the Internet with no manual process to switch. I would say check the first setting I mentioned and make sure it is not set to the blackberry.net profile.
    I am on Cingular and had them add Blackberry plan to my account, but now I do not have access to the MediaNet service (BBC works great, but Blazer and other POP accounts won't connect). Anyone else run into this issue? I asked them when I called if I would still have internet access by adding Blackberry - they said "Yes" - and now I do not. Did not tell them I was using a Treo w/ BBC. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by knudsonr
    I am on Cingular and had them add Blackberry plan to my account, but now I do not have access to the MediaNet service (BBC works great, but Blazer and other POP accounts won't connect). Anyone else run into this issue? I asked them when I called if I would still have internet access by adding Blackberry - they said "Yes" - and now I do not. Did not tell them I was using a Treo w/ BBC. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    What is your default network profile? Make sure it is "Internet", "GPRS" or whatever your wireless carrier regularly uses, not the "blackberry.net" profile BBC wants to use.
    Anyone have any luck with Verizon yet? I get the software installed without any problem and my BES can see the Treo's PIN, but it never connects to the network. It doesn't even seem to attempt to connect. If I connect to Verizon's National Access it still says disconnected in BBC.

Is this a case of needing Verizon to allow Blackberry SOC?

Thanks.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    Anyone have any luck with Verizon yet? I get the software installed without any problem and my BES can see the Treo's PIN, but it never connects to the network. It doesn't even seem to attempt to connect. If I connect to Verizon's National Access it still says disconnected in BBC.

Is this a case of needing Verizon to allow Blackberry SOC?

Thanks.

Jeff
    It certainly sounds like it. Good guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    What is your default network profile? Make sure it is "Internet", "GPRS" or whatever your wireless carrier regularly uses, not the "blackberry.net" profile BBC wants to use.
    My default network profile is "MEdiaNet" which is Cingular's GPRS network for non-Blackberry traffic. This is the profile that I always used prior to "adding" Blackberry account to my Cingular account. When I open Blazer it defaults to the MEdiaNet profile and begins the login process - then abruptly "cancels" the connection. Sounds like I also need Cingular to unblock the SOC for the MEdiaNet GPRS domain - not sure they will do it without asking why I need both.
    My default network profile is "MEdiaNet" which is Cingular's GPRS network for non-Blackberry traffic. This is the profile that I always used prior to "adding" Blackberry account to my Cingular account. When I open Blazer it defaults to the MEdiaNet profile and begins the login process - then abruptly "cancels" the connection. Sounds like I also need Cingular to unblock the SOC for the MEdiaNet GPRS domain - not sure they will do it without asking why I need both.
    Sometimes the T650 behaves oddly and kills the BBC connection without initiating the regular GPRS one. I see this every so often when I surf from the Treo. It will start the GPRS connection and then cancel it. Sounds like your Treo might be doing the same.

If I'm in Blazer I just reload the page and it re-initiates the net connection properly... this works for other net-using apps too, but it's not too pretty or seamless.
    Jeff,
    I had the exact same problem with Verizon. Please post if you get Verizon to add the BB soc. I have not yet been able to get Verizon to add it to my account yet.
    Woodsmithn,

I'll let you know if I get it working. I may try to call them tomorrow afternoon. BTW, what does SOC actually stand for?

Jeff
    Hi,
    I'm on T-mo and I have the blackberry plan. Everything seems to be setup, and corporate has added my account to the BES. My problem is, I can send emails, update calender, all successfully. However, I'm not receiving any pushed emails.

My service books show Messaging, Remote Addr lookup, and Calender. Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae
    Hi,
    I'm on T-mo and I have the blackberry plan. Everything seems to be setup, and corporate has added my account to the BES. My problem is, I can send emails, update calender, all successfully. However, I'm not receiving any pushed emails.

My service books show Messaging, Remote Addr lookup, and Calender. Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA
    If you are not receiving mail then one of your service books is likely corrupted. Have your BES admin resend the service books to your BES account, then re-enable the BlackBerry conduit in Hotsync Manager and re-sync your T650.
    Cingular (orange SIM) now segregates Blackberry.net data from GPRS data. I initially called in and had my account changed to Blackberry Unlimited. BBC on T650 worked fine with that but could not get Blazer or POP mail accounts to work. Called back again and asked them to set me up with a Blackberry Connect data plan (told them I was using Nokia 9300 - only phone Cingular currently supports with BBC). Now I have access to both blackberry.net and MEdiaNet (GPRS) - BBC, POP accounts, and Blazer all work now.

With respect to manually having to change connections - I have found that if you exit Blazer and are patient (takes a few minutes) - BBC client will eventually find blackberry.net all on its own. If you are not patient - then yes you have to manually switch networks.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    The RIM-hardware BB devices do, yes.
    We support 3DES...

I installed BBC ahead of getting the BB and account provisioned, etc - yeah, I know, couldn't wait.

I am waiting for the BB, but need to sync my outlook calendar to the Treo, and it does not sync. I changed the outlook conduit to sync, but the hotsync seems to skip right past that. I removed BBC from the pc, deleted the account in versamail, still no sync.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
    Curious if anyone else is noticing this with BB Connect and Exchange...when I accept an appointment on the Treo via BB Connect it shows up as "tentative" in Outlook. The user gets a reply that I accepted but my calendar leaves it marked as tentative. Anyone else seeing this...any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by iJay
    Curious if anyone else is noticing this with BB Connect and Exchange...when I accept an appointment on the Treo via BB Connect it shows up as "tentative" in Outlook. The user gets a reply that I accepted but my calendar leaves it marked as tentative. Anyone else seeing this...any ideas? Thanks!
    Same here. Didn't notice until I read your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    We support 3DES...

I installed BBC ahead of getting the BB and account provisioned, etc - yeah, I know, couldn't wait.

I am waiting for the BB, but need to sync my outlook calendar to the Treo, and it does not sync. I changed the outlook conduit to sync, but the hotsync seems to skip right past that. I removed BBC from the pc, deleted the account in versamail, still no sync.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
    Once BBC is installed, the Calendar will never again sync over-the-wire using the standard Calendar conduit. It is designed to rely entirely upon wireless synchronisation, after completion of the second BBC sync (which should transfer all of your Calendar appointments).

I have no recommendations on backing out, I haven't tried to undo it all. I do note that simply deleting the BBC account leaves the updated VersaMail intact though, so maybe the solution lies in removing all of the various bits and pieces (including the VM update) that were also installed alongside BBC.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    thanks - i'll let you know how I make out.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    it looks like a "Versamail" app gets installed with the BBC (go to add/remove programs to see it). WHen I removed it, the BBC conduit disappeared from the conduit config on the desktop.

I hosed my com port, so it will take a few minutes to see if this does the trick.