Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Chris

Your support to all on this thread is awesome

I'm actually using my Sprint treo Phone --- I used to have a Cingualr BB --- therefore did not transfer the SIM card --- when I ran the BB Desktop manager or

Do you have any thoughts on what may get passed down to the Treo that may be causing the Treo to LOOP when it attemps to make a network connection?

Thanks
    Brendan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    Chris

Your support to all on this thread is awesome

I'm actually using my Sprint treo Phone --- I used to have a Cingular BB --- therefore did not transfer the SIM card --- when I ran the BB Desktop manager or

Do you have any thoughts on what may get passed down to the Treo that may be causing the Treo to LOOP when it attemps to make a network connection?

Thanks
    Brendan
    That would explain a lot, then. Transfer the Cingular BB SIM to the Treo, have the BES admin remove and re-add your account, and then execute the BBC install, "by the book". Use the official Setup Guide and follow all of the instructions. If you ever want to use your personal SIM and still have BB functionality with your personal account, you will have to subscribe that account to a BB data plan with your wireless provider.

What should have happened for your previous situation (T650 with BBC and SIM with no BB data SOC) is that the BBC client should have cancelled the GPRS connection immediately after initialising. Reset loops aren't part of the picture.

I could not begin to guess at what service book or IT policy settings might cause a Treo reset loop, but I do know that a lot of the BES policies are device-firmware-specific as far as BB hardware is concerned. I have never seen a Treo's hardware info reflected in BES account settings whereas it is always present for RIM-standard hardware.

I strongly suspect that for whatever reason the BBC Desktop Manager does not accurately pass back the changed hardware info to the BES, and thus when you get the service books and IT policies via the second sync, you may also end up getting lots of settings that BBC may not know how to interpret.

Removing and re-adding your account on the BES will dump all of that hardware info and should neutralise any risk of unsupported service books and policies being passed to your device.
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 05/02/2006 at 01:01 PM.
    Nope

My BB was a cingular device (GPRS) and my Sprint Treo is a CDMA device

I still think you might be right that the BB Server is telling my treo something it does not like

I will ask my guys to remove me from the BB server and then add me back again --- will report back soon

Thanks
    Nope

My BB was a cingular device (GPRS) and my Sprint Treo is a CDMA device

I still think you might be right that the BB Server is telling my treo something it does not like

I will ask my guys to remove me from the BB server and then add me back again --- will report back soon

Thanks
    Sorry I wasn't paying close enough attention.

You will need to ensure that your Sprint Treo has access to RIM's blackberry.net domain. If your BBC client connects and cancels immediately, talk to your wireless provider about adding a BB data SOC to your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtar
    Still having problems with set-up on T-Mobile. I cannot get a BBC network connection in he Network settings, and it keeps telling me that the BlackBerry is not connected (it is) or that the blackberry software is not running on the device. If ANYONE can help, I'd appreciate it.
    I have a stupid question.

The blackberry.net connection is only visible in the Network profiles when the BBC client network connection is started or initialising. If you can't see it, then it's not started or attempting to connect...

So how do you know that it's connected?
    I have never seen it. I don't know that it is connected. I do know that Blackberry is working with my data plan, because I reprovisioned a 7100 to make sure it was working. I have since had Mailstreet delete it from my account. I also have no service books on my Treo. I get through the install fine, until the last Hotsync. I get the message that The Treo is not connect to the computer, or that the blackberry software is not running on the device.
    I have never seen it. I don't know that it is connected. I do know that Blackberry is working with my data plan, because I reprovisioned a 7100 to make sure it was working. I have since had Mailstreet delete it from my account. I also have no service books on my Treo. I get through the install fine, until the last Hotsync. I get the message that The Treo is not connect to the computer, or that the blackberry software is not running on the device.
    Hmmm that's kinda odd. Did you uninstall the standard BB Desktop Manager (for your 7100) before you installed all the BBC stuff?

Sounds like the Hotsync connection is getting interrupted when BBC is trying to contact the BES for enterprise activation and policy push. Only thing I can think of that might try to respond is the regular BB Device Manager and Desktop Manager for your 7100... is that a possibility in your case?
    So the Wireless provider or the BES is supposed to be sending me the service books?
    CLOSER --- i was able to syn the calendar with no errors ( i was very agressive with deleting apts .. who needs to attend meeting anyway?)

Now when I go to BBC and select get mail i get " A Server Name has not nee entered. Please set a server in prefernces

I thought this would be done automatically -- -Any idea what i nned to do here? -- Did I miss somehting?

THANKS
    If you see this error, BBC didn't install your accounts correctly. To wipe the VersaMail account settings, delete all the files in: C:\Program Files\PalmOne\username\VersaMail\* and then re-run the BlackBerry Setup for Palm.

When BBC installs correctly, you won't see the "Get" button on your Palm for the BBC account.
    So the Wireless provider or the BES is supposed to be sending me the service books?
    The BES sends the service books and IT policies.

The only thing the wireless provider is involved with is provisioning your account for access to blackberry.net.
    Well then it seems that either Mailstreet is not sending the Service books, or the Blackberry Connect Desktop for Palm is not communicating with the Treo.
    Well then it seems that either Mailstreet is not sending the Service books, or the Blackberry Connect Desktop for Palm is not communicating with the Treo.
    Okay I think I get the picture now.

BBC, like the regular BB Desktop Manager, requires a network connection to your mail server and to the BES (which also requires a network connection to your Exchange/Domino/Groupwise mail server).

Mailstreet is hosting your Exchange server and the BES as well, so communication between those two servers is not an issue. But how can the BBC client (outside of Mailstreet) communicate with the BES and the Exchange message store (on the inside)?

In a corporate environment it's easy to permit internal users to communicate with internal servers, but for an external hosting company like Mailstreet this might be a thornier issue.

Nonetheless for their standard BB customers they have to allow some kind of connectivity from the user Desktop Manager to the BES and also the Exchange message store. This is probably done through a VPN connection to Mailstreet, and this connection needs to be established before you commence with the BBC install.

Bottom line, the BBC install will never complete successfully unless it can communicate unimpeded over a network connection to your BES.
    OK> They have always been pretty good with their customer support. 'll get talking to them and see what they can do.
    Mailstreet support agreed with you Chris, and downloaded the zipped forlder from me to have a look at it and try and figure out a solution. Any thougths as to the odds they are successful?
    Mailstreet support agreed with you Chris, and downloaded the zipped forlder from me to have a look at it and try and figure out a solution. Any thougths as to the odds they are successful?
    Just cross your fingers and hope that the BBC client does not require some wacky power user access to the BES that they could never in a million years grant.

I don't see how it could be any more difficult than setting up a standard BB device over the wire, and surely they handle that all the time, so I fully expect they'll be able to accomodate you.
    Thanks so much Chris. I had our IT Director push down the IT Policies again and I enabled BBC in Hotsync and after two Hotsync's, my calendar started working.

This is awesome!

One thing I notice that I really like compared to Chatter is that even though the green bars are always on, the battery doesn't seem to drain as quickly with BBC.
    Chris

Having my IT group remove and add me back seems to have done the trick - AWESOME

I have to say that Chatter is still a "better" email client --- but I have no choice with my work email --- I have carried a BB and Treo for sooooo long --- I'm now free!

Thanks for your help to me and others --- it what makes TC THE place to get seroius info

B
    Last edited by Bhozier; 05/03/2006 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    Thanks so much Chris. I had our IT Director push down the IT Policies again and I enabled BBC in Hotsync and after two Hotsync's, my calendar started working.

This is awesome!

One thing I notice that I really like compared to Chatter is that even though the green bars are always on, the battery doesn't seem to drain as quickly with BBC.

Treobeard, do you mean you enabled the conduits?

I'm having trouble getting my calendar to sync and am not sure how my IT will respond to asking them to push IT policies again.

Now, even when I tell the calendar to synch (I think BBC turns it off in Hotsync) and the desktop to override the handheld, some of my desktop appts aren't moving over to the 650 and it's killin' me. Any ideas?
    Arrrg, just discovered that despite always changing to "Desktop overrides handheld" or "synch calendar" it isn't happening - I checked the logs and it always says "Outlook Calandar - Do nothing" despite my attempt to override.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    Arrrg, just discovered that despite always changing to "Desktop overrides handheld" or "synch calendar" it isn't happening - I checked the logs and it always says "Outlook Calandar - Do nothing" despite my attempt to override.

Any ideas?
    When BBC is installed this will always be the case. It has also disabled Calendar sync on my desktop at home, which does not have the desktop portion of the BBC client installed. I guess the on-device BBC passes something to the Hotsync Manager and HSM flags that conduit as permanently dead.

It appears that there is no way around wireless sync once BBC is installed. It is over-the-air or no calendar sync at all.

Ask your IT dept to resend the service books and policies to your account. Then re-enable the BlackBerry conduit in the Hotsync Manager, sync, and wireless calendar sync should be fine.