Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa_25
    Hello all, I cannot get my Treo BB to connect in the Preferences Main screen. Any ideas why this is? I use Sprint, have the software all setup correctly as I have read this entire thread multiple times, but I am worried my IT dept might have done something to block the Treo? Is this possible?
    Your IT dept is not invovled there -- the Treo is not connecting to your BES at that point, it is trying to contact RIM via your wireless carrier.

If you cannot get the BBC client to connect, then you need to talk to your carrier about getting a BlackBerry data SOC added to your wireless account.
    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    The first installation of the BBC desktop client did include a nag pop-up that asked to confirm that 'the handhelp unit is associated to the BES account is being changed'. I'm still hoping that it won't require a specific notice to the sysadmins.
    If you answered "Yes" to this prompt I can't see any reason why the BES would not accept the new device info.
    Where is a good place to get a BBC account? I would like to try out the software.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Where is a good place to get a BBC account? I would like to try out the software.
    You can get the BBC client for Palm here at Palm Singapore's website. You will have to enter your Treo's serial number though.

http://www.palm.com/sg/solutions/pro.../getitnow.html

You will also need to contact your local IT department to set up an account on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BBC client does not perform mail redirection for the web client (BlackBerry Internet Service).
    Ok - I'm able to install the BB Desktop

I was also able to get my Lotus Notes & BB server to generate a new PIN for my Treo (i was switching from a BB)

However, I can't get past the second sync.

When it tell me it need to connect to my calendar in order to enable calendar sync - it also tells me that all calendar entries on my 650 will be overwritten --- I agree and it starts the process

After approc 112 entries it locks up and I get an error that says "Device did not return any data" it then tells me that by device was not provisioned

I have remove almost ALL of my recurring apt's just in case one was corrupt

I have also hard reset the treo and uninstalled and reinstalled the palm desktop app

ANY suggestions wouldbe helpful

Thanks
    I'd just like to share my experiences since installing the BBC app on the weekend...

I'm a Rogers user in Canada. I called Rogers and had them switch me to a BB plan -no questions asked!

Thanks to this excellent thread, I was able to install the BBC client with relatively few hiccups. For whatever reason I had to use the "Set Up BlackBerry Connect" program a couple of times from the Palm Start group. I believe my biggest problem occurred just after I installed the application, had it working on my T650, and then my Treo reset and I lost my saved prefs (I know, I know, but let's not go down that road in this thread!). I restored from a recent backup, but not recent enough i.e. from before the BBC install! The BBC app started working in a native POP type mode instead of the BBC mode. As I said, I resolved this using the "Set Up BlackBerry Connect" routine.

It is now up and running perfectly. I've had the same issue others in this thread have experienced....I have to disconnect from the Internet after I use the web, or more often in my case, when I use my normal mail application, SnapperMail. I've used this program for years, and will continue to do so for my 5 POP accounts.

Fortunately SnapperMail has a "Disconnect afterwards" setting that disconnects the Internet connection once it's completed its' send/receive. The BBC app then seems to automatically reconnect no problem! I can confirm this by switching to the BBC app once Snapper is done, and watching the connection icon -it eventually shows me the double-green-arrow -the BBC app renegotiated it's blackberry.net connection.

Unfortunately there seems to be problems with timing with Snapper's automated send/receive capabilities -particularly if the Treo is off at that time....

When Snapper checks for mail automatically, it turns on the T650, checks for mail, disconnects from the Internet connection, then turns the screen off again. It's not until I turn it on again that the BBC app will renegotiate its connection! Bummer!

In a word though, this app is sweet! I need my work e-mail in a timelier manner than I need my POP mail. For now, I've disabled Snapper's automatic mail checking and will use the manual send/receive. That way Snapper and BBC cooperate with their connections and I don't have to do anything with network connections!

Ain't technology great -yeah I know, when it works
    Last edited by CovKid66; 05/01/2006 at 12:37 PM.
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
  7.    #207  
    Chris- how about truncated appointments... I get a shorted version of a full calendar entry on the treo... any way to fix that? (i.e. and appointment that has over 500 words only contains 150 or so on the phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    If you answered "Yes" to this prompt I can't see any reason why the BES would not accept the new device info.

Went through the full reinstall today and for some reason it 'took' this time.

Only significant difference between this try and Friday's was that I hadn't updated the phone software to 1.20 yet. Which I'd done over the weekend. Once I re-ran the BB Connect Desktop setup it took a while for my first test from the handheld unit to send through but eventually I got the test and started receiving emails. haven't confirmed sync with the calendar yet, but totally psyched about the push email. Thanks everyone for the great info - chris T. thanks for the detailed info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    Ok - I'm able to install the BB Desktop

I was also able to get my Lotus Notes & BB server to generate a new PIN for my Treo (i was switching from a BB)

However, I can't get past the second sync.

When it tell me it need to connect to my calendar in order to enable calendar sync - it also tells me that all calendar entries on my 650 will be overwritten --- I agree and it starts the process

After approc 112 entries it locks up and I get an error that says "Device did not return any data" it then tells me that by device was not provisioned

I have remove almost ALL of my recurring apt's just in case one was corrupt

I have also hard reset the treo and uninstalled and reinstalled the palm desktop app

ANY suggestions wouldbe helpful

Thanks
    I would have suspected a specific calendar entry here, as I have similar problems syncing Outlook and Notes appointments with the regular (non-BB Connect) Hotsync. In my experience, it was not recurring appointments which were the issue so much as ones that had additional, non-text information attached in a note.

As a precaution I would review the next hundred or so of your future appointments and try to remove (or modify so that they include only regular text) any appointment comments/notes which include:

- special characters (i.e. accented letters, bullet points, symbols)
    - file attachments (i.e. MS Word, Excel docs, images, etc)

I was able to sync my Calendar (some 670 entries) with BBC before my wireless account was provisioned with a BB data SOC, so the only other logical explanation might be that your corporate BES account has not yet been set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Chris- how about truncated appointments... I get a shorted version of a full calendar entry on the treo... any way to fix that? (i.e. and appointment that has over 500 words only contains 150 or so on the phone)
    I think this is normal behaviour. You should find that the appointment note is truncated at 2048 characters. In the olden days, the Hotsync translation filters (like Intellisync and EasySync) used to truncate the notes at 1789 characters. I know that limit has been increased, but I am not sure by how much. I am guessing that the Palm-imposed character limit for an attached note is 2048 characters, and that's why BBC is truncating them at that mark.
  11.    #211  
    nope.... before, my palm used to show just what I had in Outlook... not it is truncated.

Is this a BBC limitation?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    nope.... before, my palm used to show just what I had in Outlook... not it is truncated.

Is this a BBC limitation?
    Actually I think it is a BB limitation in general.

Support document KB-02503 indicates that Calendar entries can only contain 1500 characters. It also cautions you against editing the truncated appointment on the device as this will result in the truncation being passed back to the server's original copy.

I am guessing that similar limitations are built into BBC, although we get more than 1500 characters in a Calendar entry.
    Chris

Any idea if it tries to go "back" to load appointments --- or does it just look to sync apt from today forward?

Thanks
    Chris

Any idea if it tries to go "back" to load appointments --- or does it just look to sync apt from today forward?

Thanks
    Looks like it loads 5 months of past "holiday/all-day event" data and 4 months of past "recurring appointment" data during the initial sync. This is just a rough guess. I deleted my account, re-added it, and re-synced for this test. I don't have one-of/single non-recurring appointments showing up until the recent past (last few weeks).
    CLOSER --- i was able to syn the calendar with no errors ( i was very agressive with deleting apts .. who needs to attend meeting anyway?)

Now when I go to BBC and select get mail i get " A Server Name has not nee entered. Please set a server in prefernces

I thought this would be done automatically -- -Any idea what i nned to do here? -- Did I miss somehting?

THANKS
    When I try to send a meesage I get

MData Err(1202)
    Account not properly configured

?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    You can get the BBC client for Palm here at Palm Singapore's website. You will have to enter your Treo's serial number though.

http://www.palm.com/sg/solutions/pro.../getitnow.html

You will also need to contact your local IT department to set up an account on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BBC client does not perform mail redirection for the web client (BlackBerry Internet Service).
    IT Dept? let me ask my mom...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Here's the story.

1. Upgraded my phone to Sprints latest update 1.13a
    2. Hard reset again just to be sure the treo is 'clean'
    3. deleted all problamatic calendar entries
    4. removed the palm desktop - restart and clean install
    5. removed any and files in the backup folder in plam app
    6. removed and BB Connect installer ---- restart and clean install
    7. removed SD card - just in case
    8. Install BB Connect
    9. BBC installs without issues
    10. Updates may calendar
    11. I get the conformation screen that says BB Connect and has successfully installed and the BB Connect account is now set up on the smart phone

12. THEN the treo 650 starts process to connect to the network and I get through the username and password screen - i see the handshake --- then BOOM - it restarts and just loops PalmOne screen - Palm Powered Screen - Phone dial pad for 2 seconds then aback to PalmOne

I have now spent approx 16 hours trying to get this working

PLEASE HELP --- THANK YOU
    Here's the story.

1. Upgraded my phone to Sprints latest update 1.13a
    2. Hard reset again just to be sure the treo is 'clean'
    3. deleted all problamatic calendar entries
    4. removed the palm desktop - restart and clean install
    5. removed any and files in the backup folder in plam app
    6. removed and BB Connect installer ---- restart and clean install
    7. removed SD card - just in case
    8. Install BB Connect
    9. BBC installs without issues
    10. Updates may calendar
    11. I get the conformation screen that says BB Connect and has successfully installed and the BB Connect account is now set up on the smart phone

12. THEN the treo 650 starts process to connect to the network and I get through the username and password screen - i see the handshake --- then BOOM - it restarts and just loops PalmOne screen - Palm Powered Screen - Phone dial pad for 2 seconds then aback to PalmOne

I have now spent approx 16 hours trying to get this working

PLEASE HELP --- THANK YOU
    One sec.

You are using the old BB's SIM card in the Treo for all of this, right?

I suspect some conflict between the hardware info stored in your BES account failing to match up to the new hardware of your T650. The BES stores a lot of information about your old handheld and I am not sure how it would behave when asked to update the account with the null-data that the T650 passes as its hardware info.

I would ask your BES admin to remove your account and re-add it to zero out your old hardware info. The BES probably still thinks you are whatever your old BB hardware was, and this is likely creating some issues. I know you didn't want to get them involved but I can't see any way around it. They shouldn't be too reluctant to do this since it's a two-second job.
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 05/02/2006 at 11:00 AM.
    Still having problems with set-up on T-Mobile. I cannot get a BBC network connection in he Network settings, and it keeps telling me that the BlackBerry is not connected (it is) or that the blackberry software is not running on the device. If ANYONE can help, I'd appreciate it.