Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 534
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlg
    Chris, I've had to call Rogers before to have what used to be a data plan for a 600 converted to a BB plan when I switched to a BB legitimately. Now that I have a 650 I'm back off the BB plan. Will Rogers give me any grief or ask me what model BB I have when I call them to convert to the BB plan now I want to try BBC? I'm curious specifically about your experience with them as we're in the same locale!
    Actually I didn't speak to anyone on the phone. I logged in to the Rogers Customer Care website and changed my wireless data plan that way.
  2. #182  
    Hello,
    yes, I have downloaded the software from palm site with serial number of my GSM Treo. I have installed it on the treo and on the computer and I have now working blackberry on T-Mobile provider.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    Does anyone know if installing the BB Connect software on my old GSM unlocked T650 and popping in my company's Blackberry SIM from T-mobile that connects to company BES servers will work?
  3. #183  
    holy crap.

    it works.

    may this never change.

    (sprint 650)
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    holy crap.

    it works.

    may this never change.

    (sprint 650)

  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by milanroubal
    Hello,
    yes, I have downloaded the software from palm site with serial number of my GSM Treo. I have installed it on the treo and on the computer and I have now working blackberry on T-Mobile provider.
    Sweet! Awaiting my new unlocked Treo to arrive to try this. Can't convince the wife to give me back my old one.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    holy crap.

    it works.

    may this never change.

    (sprint 650)
    Has anyone on Cingular figured out how to get around the need to disconnect from blackberry.net and connect to MEdianet to access the web? This is one of the major things keeping me from deploying BBC on my Treo.
    elbastardocalvo
  7. #187  
    Dear Blackberry Connect:

    I am not complaining. I swear. I just...if I might, there's just these two small things.

    1) I'm not hearing any alert noise when I get mail. I've changed the noises, made sure the sound is on, checked my preferences in general and in versamail and send myself numerous test e-mails (which you dutifully deliver to my inbox and for which I am incredibly grateful as I really do not wish to continue carrying two devices). Why don't you give me audible alerts?

    2) Why aren't you pushing all of my calendar events?

    Please keep up the good work re: pushing e-mails.

    Sincerely,

    Tibby
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Email is working great, but for some reason my calendard entries are not updating in either direction. This is a big problem since BBC changes your calendar sync option to "Do Nothing" when installing. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix?

    As for the raging debate as to why would anyone use BBC, I'll put in my two sense. Our IT would not share our IMAP server so Chatter was not an option. I used Sprint BC but since I have a laptop and travel occassionally, I would then be out of luck when on the road (and was reluctant to ask someone else to host an unsupported program on their desktop to enable me to access my email through their desktop as suggested by Sprint BC). So, BBC, even though feature deficient is a great solution for me. Although if I can't get attachments to work any better I will be in a real quandry!
    I am having a similar issue to MileHighTreo. When I first set everything up, I did not have the Blackberry data plan, so it would not register. I added the Blackberry data plan and viola! it worked... sort of. Email started working but Calendar has not. I tried adding entries on both desktop and handheld calendars but nothing syncs. I talked to our BES admin and he said that before I had registered, my wireless email reconcilliation and wireless calendar were both set to False (he cannot change these settings). After I registered, wireless email is set to True but calendar is still set to False.

    Any ideas???
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Has anyone on Cingular figured out how to get around the need to disconnect from blackberry.net and connect to MEdianet to access the web? This is one of the major things keeping me from deploying BBC on my Treo.
    I am on Cingular and I do not have that problem. Under Prefs, Network, the GPRS profile is selected. It appears that when I start the BBC service in Email, Prefs, Main, Start Service, it does the necessary magic. I can get email, make a call and go to the Internet with no manual process to switch. I would say check the first setting I mentioned and make sure it is not set to the blackberry.net profile.
  10. #190  
    I've "gotten around" the calendar issue somewhat.

    I make almost all of my calendar entries while at my computer. Instead of making a standard appointment, I create a meeting request and send it to myself. I accept on my treo. Voila, in the calendar on my Treo and on the computer.

    I can't, however, do meeting requests on the Treo.

    I am still loving the e-mail push. Thank you BBC Gods.
  11. #191  
    Guys, great info on this thread - hoping someone could clarify a couple of things:

    1. I have a company assigned BB handheld. Our carrier is Rogers Wireless in Canada. I had a personal T650 also with Rogers prior to getting the company BB, and plan now on using the Treo with the the BB's simm. I am able to use the phone features so I think this should sound reasonable?

    2. I ran the BBInstall software on Friday. the Install seemed successful, the BBC desktop connected to our BES, the updates were installed to the treo and all the syncs showed okay. But I wasn't receiving and push emails, and sending tests from the BCC account in Email / Versamail just saved the items as draft - there seemed to be a warning icon on these emails but I couldn't find a way to see the error.

    Based on reading the thread I was wondering if any of the following is the issue:

    • My phone software was still 1.06 at the time. Have since updated to 1.20 NA which seems to be the latest.

    • My company BB units required a login PIN each time I unlocked the system - this seems to be a security item that may not be transferrable to the Treo unit.. will it prevent the proper usage if the policy is in place for my account?

    • Just for more background: I believe our BES server supports 3DES as looking at my security preferences in the BB unit it shows under services 'blah (3DES)'

    • Does the BBC desktop client have to be always ON and connected my work network for this to function? I operate on a laptop where I did the install, and that I connect/disconnect from the network often - I take it with and use it at home.

    • I noticed that there was no BlackBerry network profile in my network list as per this thread. When I went through the install, the versamail client switched, and the account BBC account was setup according to this thread but networks only showed Internet, Rogers, and Rogers Media. My Treo unit is still locked as original from Rogers, does this have something to do with it?



    thanks for the help,
    Tony
  12.    #192  
    Did you have your IT dept. delete your old device info first?
  13. #193  
    Okay, figured out the alert issue. I needed to switch on the system sounds.

    D'oh!
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Did you have your IT dept. delete your old device info first?
    No I hadn't: I was hoping that this change wouldn't require their explicit notification, as its so hard to even get their consideration of these types of non-standard usage requests.

    The first installation of the BBC desktop client did include a nag pop-up that asked to confirm that 'the handhelp unit is associated to the BES account is being changed'. I'm still hoping that it won't require a specific notice to the sysadmins.

    T
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    No I hadn't: I was hoping that this change wouldn't require their explicit notification, as its so hard to even get their consideration of these types of non-standard usage requests.

    The first installation of the BBC desktop client did include a nag pop-up that asked to confirm that 'the handhelp unit is associated to the BES account is being changed'. I'm still hoping that it won't require a specific notice to the sysadmins.

    T
    I don't know this for a fact but I would surmmise that your last device had a PIN associated to it and when you installed your new device, it generated a new PIN, which does not match what is in the BES.

    I am sure Chris will have a good answer for you.
  16.    #196  
    I would simply tell your IT dept you are geeting a new BB and they should remove your old PIN so your new one will work when you get it...
  17. #197  
    Hello all, I cannot get my Treo BB to connect in the Preferences Main screen. Any ideas why this is? I use Sprint, have the software all setup correctly as I have read this entire thread multiple times, but I am worried my IT dept might have done something to block the Treo? Is this possible?
  18.    #198  
    Most of my calendar entries are being truncated now... Is there a way to adjust this?
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    I am having a similar issue to MileHighTreo. When I first set everything up, I did not have the Blackberry data plan, so it would not register. I added the Blackberry data plan and viola! it worked... sort of. Email started working but Calendar has not. I tried adding entries on both desktop and handheld calendars but nothing syncs. I talked to our BES admin and he said that before I had registered, my wireless email reconcilliation and wireless calendar were both set to False (he cannot change these settings). After I registered, wireless email is set to True but calendar is still set to False.

    Any ideas???
    To be honest I am not sure how the T650 determines whether this setting is enabled or disabled. It's easy to enable/disable on stock RIM hardware, but there really aren't any sync options in the T650 Email or Calendar apps. First step is confirm with your BES admin that the IT policies allow wireless calendar sync (it can be disabled policy-wide, but I'm assuming he/she wouldn't do this).

    Ask your BES admin to re-send the IT policies and service books to your BES account. Then re-enable the BlackBerry conduit in your Hotsync settings, sync again, and ask the BES admin to check the "Calendar Enabled" field again after your sync.
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 05/01/2006 at 10:52 AM.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    Guys, great info on this thread - hoping someone could clarify a couple of things:

    1. I have a company assigned BB handheld. Our carrier is Rogers Wireless in Canada. I had a personal T650 also with Rogers prior to getting the company BB, and plan now on using the Treo with the the BB's simm. I am able to use the phone features so I think this should sound reasonable?
    Yes you should be able to use the BB SIM with your T650. The only caveat is that your company will end up footing the bill for your voice and data use on this device. Since you were using it for personal purposes, you may want to discuss this with your manager to ensure that they don't mind picking up the tab for occasional personal calls. Also, people that normally call your personal number will no longer be able to reach you there since the T650 will start answering to your BB's former number.

    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    • My company BB units required a login PIN each time I unlocked the system - this seems to be a security item that may not be transferrable to the Treo unit.. will it prevent the proper usage if the policy is in place for my account?
    According to RIM's feature comparison for the T650 BB Connect client, it does support the "password required" policy setting. I know, however, that we also have this policy setting in place, and it does not appear to be enforced for my T650.

    NOTE: There are very basic support documents for the T650 BBC client available on RIM's site, but they are visible to support subscribers only.

    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    • Does the BBC desktop client have to be always ON and connected my work network for this to function? I operate on a laptop where I did the install, and that I connect/disconnect from the network often - I take it with and use it at home.
    Nope, not required. The BBC desktop client appears to only be used once, when the service books and IT policies are pushed to the T650 during enterprise activation. It also allows you to specify a signature on your outgoing BBC messages. It doesn't appear to do anything else, like the regular Desktop Manager -- it doesn't sync the Contacts, Tasks or Memos, for instance, nor does it perform device backups, nor does it indicate to the BES when the device is in the cradle.

    Quote Originally Posted by K3nsai
    • I noticed that there was no BlackBerry network profile in my network list as per this thread. When I went through the install, the versamail client switched, and the account BBC account was setup according to this thread but networks only showed Internet, Rogers, and Rogers Media. My Treo unit is still locked as original from Rogers, does this have something to do with it?
    The blackberry.net network profile is only visible when the BBC Connect client is active and connected. When BBC is dormant (i.e. suspended), the BB network profile is hidden. I have no idea why this is so.
    Last edited by Chris Taylor; 05/01/2006 at 10:54 AM.

Posting Permissions