View Poll Results: What Treo do you use?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazer

49 65.33%
  • Xiino

14 18.67%
  • Opera

7 9.33%
  • Other: Please specify

5 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I am wondering what all of you use to browse the Internet on your Treo. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I am currently using Blazer and it works fine but I've read a lot about other browsers being faster and better. How is it that other browsers can be faster and how are they better?

Treo forever!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I like Blazer, it seems to access more pages and do a better job of rendering them properly. Moreover, the other browsers don't have good 5 way support and aren't significantly faster to make me want to change.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I use all three of the browsers listed as well as WebPro, it all depends what sites I am trying to view and what I want to do that day. For the most part I use Xiino, it is pretty fast and it does render rather well, even if it is as ugly as can be!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Blazer...simply the best of all options. Great at optimizing pages, 5 navigation works well, and requires no additional memory to use. The speed differences are minimal when compared. My money is on Blazer. Nuff said.
    Regards,

Supes2000

"His words burned like lamp in the darkness" -- Ecclesiasticus
    Blazer is the best for mobile pages. Opera is better for large pages, IMHO.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I agree with Tony, Opera mini is very fast at loading large, non-optimized pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't support downloads and I don't think there are any other applications that play nice with it.
    Once you use the Back button in Xiino or Opera you'll never want to go back to Blazer
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I never had a reason to try anything else than blazer. I am satisfied.
    Xiino. Primary reason: perfect cache management.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I use Blazer but I like WebPro over Blazer but it reset my Treo. For reverse DUN Xiino was the only browser that worked for me. I have not tried Opera but I think that requires JAVA and I do not want to install that pig on my small TREO. I might try it when I upgrade to Treo 700P.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I ended up deleting Opera Mini today, having to have Java on my 650 to run it, it was just a huge space hog and I was tired of it. I am using Xiino for the most part. It gets the job done and does well. I would have liked to get that Netfront working, though everyone says that Blazer is running a netfront core, If the Netfront browser was anything like the PPC version it was pretty functional. Oh well. Xiino for now I guess with Web Pro on the card for emergencies
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Oh, yes, emergencies: I have PicselBrowser on the card for that.
    I find that Blazer with Google Mobilizer works quite well:
    http://google.com/gwt/n
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Speaking of Mobilizers.....I have been using demo.mobileleap.net. I've found that it does a better job than google on a number of pages. (www.cinescape as an example).
    Regards,

Supes2000

"His words burned like lamp in the darkness" -- Ecclesiasticus
    Blazer works fine when given a dbcache limitation. No huge java, etc.. And works better than Opera from the experience I had with it.
    Blazer. If I really need to spend time online I use my laptop and dun.
    On the go...blazer does a good enough job to keep me happy.
    Webpro is faster than blazer, but blazer is more stable. Like resturg said, "It resets my treo", also!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I like Opera - pages are much more readable than they are with Blazer.
    overall blazer hands down,my second choice is xiino for speed and true cache, opera for quick rendering and webpro which always a good alternate to the aforementioned browsers.i also have webviewer but rarely use it, and i deleted piscelbrowser after dtg8 came out for obvious reasons.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast