View Poll Results: What Treo do you use?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazer

49 65.33%
  • Xiino

14 18.67%
  • Opera

7 9.33%
  • Other: Please specify

5 6.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You can find webpro here

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=88625&R=88625

If you turn on quik browsing mode in blazer you might get more speed out of it ( and make sure there nothing in the background using the connection, eg mail etc.). You could also try a different benchmark site to double check.

i have also found that at different times of day in the same place speed can change (due to the number of people using the telephone network at that time)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    ...clip...Opera with a stunning 210kbps. Is this for real???
    If I remember right, this was discussed somewhere here at TC, maybe the Opera thread, don't know. But the conclusion I believe was Opera wasn't giving accurate results w/ dslreports.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    You can find webpro here

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=88625&R=88625

If you turn on quik browsing mode in blazer you might get more speed out of it ( and make sure there nothing in the background using the connection, eg mail etc.). You could also try a different benchmark site to double check.

i have also found that at different times of day in the same place speed can change (due to the number of people using the telephone network at that time)
    Cool, thank you. It doesn't list the Treo 650 as a compatible device, only the 600. Will this present a problem? Also, how do you enable quick browsing? I went through all the Perferences settings and can't find that option.

Thanks!
    He is (I believe) referring to quick browsing in Blazer, not Webpro. Also, there is a fairly compatible verson of Webpro for the 650 which might now be the one in the link. Post here if you have an interest in the other one.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Picsel Browser, also doubles as a file viewer for Office docs, PDF's, JPEG's, etc
  6.    #46  
    No, the link is still only for a version from 2004 for the Treo 600.

Also, how do I configure the quick browsing in Blazer???

Opera doesn't seem to have a "full" version, only the mini. Arghhh...

I'd really like to try the WebPro.
    Theres an option in the setting (sadly i dont have my 650 any more to tell you the step by step process) but it turns of the pictures so you only download the text, which in turn makes broswing a lot quicker. But doesnt make it as "nice" if you know what i mean.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Theres an option in the setting (sadly i dont have my 650 any more to tell you the step by step process) but it turns of the pictures so you only download the text, which in turn makes broswing a lot quicker. But doesnt make it as "nice" if you know what i mean.
    Oh yea, I know what you mean. I did another speed test for the hell for it last night and Opera Mini HiRes (I also have the box checked which makes it looks nicer but uses more data) and it came back with over 600kbps on the 1MB test (even the 600k test was too fast it said). That can't be right.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123