View Poll Results: What Treo do you use?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazer

49 65.33%
  • Xiino

14 18.67%
  • Opera

7 9.33%
  • Other: Please specify

5 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xiino is definitely the fastest for web browsing. I agree with the other posters that Xiino also handles pages in cache - forward and back way better then Blazer. I couldn't bear to go back to the slow speed of Blazer. Xiino almost makes me thing I have EVDO on my Treo 650. For pages that may not format that great I use www.skweezer.net - and bookmark them going through skweezer - works great !
    I prefer Xiino. Sure, it doesn't render some pages all that well, but it's fast as hell(and when I'm mobile that's what matters most), and like stevecccc said, it will make you think you're on a much faster network. However, I still use Blazer occasionally. I basically have a Firefox/IE dynamic going on my Treo with the two.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Blazer 4.0 is good at rendering pages but I hate the fact that they've moved the navigation bar to the top of the screen. On the 600, the nav bar was on the bottom and you could browse one-handed. It was so intuitive too - bookmarks on the bottom left corner, back button next... On the 650, I have to use my free hand to poke the icons or worse, pull out the stylus. As a result I barely use the Treo to surf anymore, I fire up my laptop instead and use the Treo for DUN. So my favorite Treo browser would have to be Firefox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    Blazer 4.0 is good at rendering pages but I hate the fact that they've moved the navigation bar to the top of the screen. On the 600, the nav bar was on the bottom and you could browse one-handed. It was so intuitive too - bookmarks on the bottom left corner, back button next... On the 650, I have to use my free hand to poke the icons or worse, pull out the stylus. As a result I barely use the Treo to surf anymore,
    Try using your Space bar...
    ..and the backspace key...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Try using your Space bar...
    ..and the backspace key...
    Yes, I tried them, but its more clicks and requires some degree of thumb dexterity. E.g. to get to the bookmarks screen:

In Treo 600:
    Use left thumb to click on bookmarks icon

In Treo 650:
    Option A: Stretch thumb all the way across screen to tap the bookmarks icon
    Option B: Stretch thumb all the way down to the space bar, then back to the 5-way and click the center button.
    Both options require me to reposition my hand (I don't have thumbs as long as a chimp's)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Xiino's are at the bottom like the Blazer version on the 600
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Schwartz - why don't you just use the 5-way?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Schwartz - why don't you just use the 5-way?
    Maybe it's too far away from his thumb.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hehehe

Schwartz - you DO know that you can fully navigate through Blazer using only the 5-way, don't you?
    Like I said, I don't have fingers like a chimp!

Navigating with just the 5-way? I'd love to find out how to perform these 2 functions with just the 5-way:

1. Get to the bookmarks screen (as far as I know you have to hit spacebar first)
    2. Go back (Backspace is the only shortcut I know)
    Open Blazer
    push up on the 5 way.
    Push up again.
    Push right
    push right
    push right

Bookmarks!!!!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    Like I said, I don't have fingers like a chimp!

Navigating with just the 5-way? I'd love to find out how to perform these 2 functions with just the 5-way:

1. Get to the bookmarks screen (as far as I know you have to hit spacebar first)
    2. Go back (Backspace is the only shortcut I know)
    Jesus Christ, man, have you even tried!?

1. I launch Blazer. I decide I want to check out espn.com. I press 'up' on the 5-way until the 'refresh' button is selected(2 button presses unless you scrolled down the page). Then, I press 'right' on the 5-way until the 'bookmarks' icon is selected. I then press the 'center' button(on the 5-way) to be taken to my bookmarks menu(and from there I can still continue using the 5-way). I select which site I want to go to via the 5-way.

2. I am now at the site I selected in step 1. I decide I want to go back to my home page. I press 'up' on the 5-way until the 'back' icon is highlighted(again, two presses unless you've scrolled down), and I'm taken to the 'back' icon(an arrow pointing to the left). I select it via the 5-way's center button, and I'm back where I was.

What is so friggin' difficult about this?
    Do not be afraid to use the 5-way. It is your friend. Overcome your fears.

Do not be afraid to use the 5-way. It is your friend. Overcome your fears.
    Bwahaha! And you beat me to the punch too. That what I get for writing such a drawn out explanation. Maybe there needs to be a 5-way support group?

If it was up to me I'd be able to navigate everything via the 5-way.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Xiino. It's fast and pages don't get reloaded when you tap the back button.
  16.    #36  
    I've been using Opera Mini HiRes just to try it out and I was amazed at the speed of it. Also, when I attempted to access certain functions of a few websites with Blazer and couldn't, Opera was successful in seconds! The user interface is pretty cool, too. Is there a "full" version of Opera for the Treo?
    WebPro special version is the best and has no problem with secure payments/access of all my banks/bills (which are quite a few, more bills than banks )
    I think schwartz is waiting for the browser that knows what site your thinking of abd then goes there.

ps- man my thumbs are tired from typing this.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    WebPro special version is the best and has no problem with secure payments/access of all my banks/bills (which are quite a few, more bills than banks )
    Cool. Interesting. I'd love to try it. Where does one get WebPro Special? Thanks...
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by drensin
    Blazer is too slow and you can't click links to new pages until the whole page loads -- most of the time.

Xiino is fast but renders ugly.

Opera Mini hi res, the newest version 2.0.4062 advanced is MUCH MORE
    stable and hasn't reset my Treo yet. But I don't expect that to last.

WebPro is nice and stable, but as with Opera, the Java hogs a lot of space.

In other words: WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING THAT WORKS ALL AROUND? I'm no programmer ... but
    what are the trade-offs? This doesn't seem like it should be that hard?
    I see. But where do I get the WebPro browser? Also, when I did a speed test, the 600K test to be exact, Blazer came back with 70kbps and Opera with a stunning 210kbps. Is this for real???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast