Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher.php#download

Zip

Updated Description:
    04/18/2006-ZLauncher 5.41 released

Fixed error problem that cannot display all icons when editing IconSet.)
    Fixed bug of File Manager, which it will crash when launch application from card.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Franko515, thanks for the heads up....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Thanks! Did you receive an email? I got nothing and I thought customers received free updates.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Franko515, thanks for the heads up....
    NP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Thanks! Did you receive an email? I got nothing and I thought customers received free updates.
    No I didnt get an email Miss Lady, I read it over at 1src
    Not sure about the upgrade email I dont think i have every got one, should i be upset? Do i need to register somewhere to recieve these emails? have you ever recieved one?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    From their website:

"Upgrade
    Can I free for upgrade to the latest version? What am I need to do to upgrade to the latest version?

Ask: As you can see, I just purchased your GREAT launcher. However, 5 days later, you upgraded it. Am I entitled to upgrade my purchase whenever an upgrade is available? I hope so. If so, how do I do it? I could not find it posted on your website.

Answer:
    1. You can upgrade the latest version of Zlauncher for free of charge.
    2. You can download the latest version of Zlauncher from Palmgear.com or Handango, then install "ZLauncher.prc" over the old version onto your handheld."

But I guess we're supposed to keep checking their website, or doing over-the-air checks for updates.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    With all the ZLauncher users around here keeping up to date shouldnt be a problem. MTDN downloads are kept pretty current. If worse comes to worse i will keep you abreast

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Yeah, I've never gotten notification either.. I've also asked if I could beta test, nothing there either.. :-/ They are very responsive to problems, although it seems to take a long time to fix them sometimes. I reported that crash when launching directly off the SD card at least a month ago.
    I think we have all gotten pretty spoiled with developers like Gibson, shimon, and Marc Blank who are so incredibly responsive.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  9.    #9  
    im still using 5.4 and i cant get it to crash when launching an app from the card from Zlaunchers file manager. I guess i shouldnt complain, but i hear in the new version you cant launch apps from the card from the file manager anymore. Has this feature been disabled?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I DL'ed the update, but it kept prompting me to register. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but since I DL'ed Zlauncher OTA from Sprint, I never received any registration code(even though it says it's registered in the preferences). Oh well, I'll just wait until the update makes its way to Sprint and redownload it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I DL'ed the update, but it kept prompting me to register. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but since I DL'ed Zlauncher OTA from Sprint, I never received any registration code(even though it says it's registered in the preferences). Oh well, I'll just wait until the update makes its way to Sprint and redownload it.
    You could always just download the 5.4 version on Sprints site then try to update via the zip again. I always just sync the zlauncher prc. over the existing one. I only sync this prc

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Well, the problem is that Sprint doesn't have the update yet. It isn't a big deal though, and I can wait. I just like to have all updates, preferably a day before they come out
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  13.    #13  
    You misread my post, guess i should have been a little more clear, but I have a better solution anyway
    If you dont have it already get Filez. Open Filez and click on view preferences (make sure saved is highlighted, we are looking at the saved pref.). scroll until you see ZLCR. Highlight it and click view, there should be 2 or three (i have 2) one contains my theme the other my reg code Copy this # down for future reference.

All this assuming you have the 5.4 reg copy and not the 5.41 unreg copy (If you still have the unreg copy go to Sprint and get 5.4 or whatever version they have. Just so you can get your reg code via Filez)
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/19/2006 at 04:08 AM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    im still using 5.4 and i cant get it to crash when launching an app from the card from Zlaunchers file manager. I guess i shouldnt complain, but i hear in the new version you cant launch apps from the card from the file manager anymore. Has this feature been disabled?
    Franko, the 5.32 (?) update added the ability to launch a program from ANYWHERE on the SD card via the file manager. First thing I tried was something I have in /programs which is where I dump either new stuff to try or old stuff I'm not using very much to reduce clutter.

And it crashed as soon as I launched it with invalid vfs mountpoint or something like that, I forget, it's likely still in Crash Pro.

So I'm not sure what the "launch" function in the File Manager is supposed to do except perhaps launch only from /palm/launcher, I haven't updated yet. I'll poke around and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I just opened my eyes today to ZLauncher, I was using Facer 3 and I was fed up with all the resets that I would get. Some days it would be fine and others it would crash everytime I hit a certain key or ran a certain program. Now it looks wonderful and is much more stable..... thanks ZLauncher!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Franko, the 5.32 (?) update added the ability to launch a program from ANYWHERE on the SD card via the file manager. First thing I tried was something I have in /programs which is where I dump either new stuff to try or old stuff I'm not using very much to reduce clutter.

And it crashed as soon as I launched it with invalid vfs mountpoint or something like that, I forget, it's likely still in Crash Pro.

So I'm not sure what the "launch" function in the File Manager is supposed to do except perhaps launch only from /palm/launcher, I haven't updated yet. I'll poke around and see what happens.
    The fix for 5.41 says it fixed bug of File Manager, which it will crash when launch application from card. I havent upgraded yet(still using 5.4) but i cant get zlauncher to crash (no complaining, just not seeing this bug). When you upgrade can you tell me if they disabled the launch from card feature in the Zlauncher File Manager.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Even though it says it's OK to install over 5.4, do you think it would be better to do a clean install? I still have the reg number.

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Even though it says it's OK to install over 5.4, do you think it would be better to do a clean install? I still have the reg number.
    I always install over the old version. I just install the zlauncher prc. , but i guess a clean install wouldnt hurt. (it may be time to hard reset and install everything over anyway. At least i do every couple months ) Remember to use Zlaunchers uninstaller (ZLManager) if your just uninstalling Zlauncher
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/19/2006 at 10:16 PM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    The fix for 5.41 says it fixed bug of File Manager, which it will crash when launch application from card. I havent upgraded yet(still using 5.4) but i cant get zlauncher to crash (no complaining, just not seeing this bug). When you upgrade can you tell me if they disabled the launch from card feature in the Zlauncher File Manager.
    Interesting you can't reproduce that problem, I did it twice.. Once to mess around, again to verify it crashes, etc.

Can't launch anything off the card now.. If you're on the SD card, there is a "Launch" option but it seemingly does nothing. You can still launch from ram in the file manager.
  20.    #20  
    I am using v5.4 and i just launched every app on my card (one by one of course) using Zlauncher FileManager. I dont think i will upgrade. Not that i ever launch from there but still.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast