1.    #1  
    I just received my 2350 cradle and tomtom 5 software. I installed the tomtom 5 as per the stickie in the software forum (much more complicated than it needs to be) and was looking forward to trying it out this evening. I inserted my Treo into the cradle, fired up Navigator, and selected "Other" wired GPS device. Result: a "no GPS device" error message. Any ideas? The cradle charges the Treo just fine, but for sime reason, tomtom is not seeing the cradle.

I appreciate your input and help.

thanks,
    elbastardocalvo
    elbastardocalvo
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    I just received my 2350 cradle and tomtom 5 software. I installed the tomtom 5 as per the stickie in the software forum (much more complicated than it needs to be) and was looking forward to trying it out this evening. I inserted my Treo into the cradle, fired up Navigator, and selected "Other" wired GPS device. Result: a "no GPS device" error message. Any ideas? The cradle charges the Treo just fine, but for sime reason, tomtom is not seeing the cradle.

I appreciate your input and help.

thanks,
    elbastardocalvo
    BTW, David Silver at Seido, if you are reading this, your email box is over quota, and I am unable to smail you for support.

thanks,
    elbastardocalvo
    elbastardocalvo
    I spent 7 hours installing TomTom software before I could get it to work and after trying a multitude of ways, the sticky was the ONLY way that works. Seidio even posted almost an exact copy of that post saying the same thing. This has been echoed by many people in the same boat so to speak. If you skipped a step, that might be the problem.

Have you gone into preferences and selected the proper settings ? Selected "Other NMEA" ? Selected 4800 baud ?

Every once and a while I will start TT and it will say "No GPS Signal". If I go to GPS Status page, I always see all the satellites and start wondering why it doesn't see it on main screen if it sees here it ehre. Then I go back to travel screen and all of a sudden it's seeing teh GPS again.
    Make sure that Treo is inserted all the way into the cradle. I had this problem as well (charging light on but no GPS).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I spent 7 hours installing TomTom software before I could get it to work and after trying a multitude of ways, the sticky was the ONLY way that works. Seidio even posted almost an exact copy of that post saying the same thing. This has been echoed by many people in the same boat so to speak. If you skipped a step, that might be the problem.

Have you gone into preferences and selected the proper settings ? Selected "Other NMEA" ? Selected 4800 baud ?

Every once and a while I will start TT and it will say "No GPS Signal". If I go to GPS Status page, I always see all the satellites and start wondering why it doesn't see it on main screen if it sees here it ehre. Then I go back to travel screen and all of a sudden it's seeing teh GPS again.
    I installed TT5 following the stickied instructions to the letter, and it seems to work just fine. I have also set the preferences to look for "Other NMEA" at 4800 baud. The error I get is not related to signal, but to the absence of a device.
    elbastardocalvo
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chumster
    Make sure that Treo is inserted all the way into the cradle. I had this problem as well (charging light on but no GPS).

I will try it again this evening, but I am pretty sure I inserted it all the way into the cradle.
    elbastardocalvo
    I installed TT5 following the stickied instructions to the letter, and it seems to work just fine. I have also set the preferences to look for "Other NMEA" at 4800 baud. The error I get is not related to signal, but to the absence of a device.
    If you had the wrong settings that is exactly the error message you would get because if the settings were not right, your Treo would not "see" the device.

What do yu see if you go to preferences, page 3 of 5 and hit "Show GPS Status" ? Twice now when my Treo showed "no GPS signal", merely by looking at this opage got things working again.

If that doesn't work, I would call Seidio...TS line is very quick to respond.
  8.    #8  
    If you had the wrong settings that is exactly the error message you would get because if the settings were not right, your Treo would not "see" the device.

What do yu see if you go to preferences, page 3 of 5 and hit "Show GPS Status" ? Twice now when my Treo showed "no GPS signal", merely by looking at this opage got things working again.

If that doesn't work, I would call Seidio...TS line is very quick to respond.

I get "No GPS device". I will verify that I am inserting the treo far enough, and if it still doesn't work, will call TS.
    elbastardocalvo
    I get "No GPS device".
    Again, you will get that exact same message if any of the following conditions exist:

1. Your GPS is dead
    2. Your cradle cable isn't plugged into cigarette lighter
    3. You picked the wrong GPS settings.
    4. Your plug isn't all the way into the side of the cradle.
    5. Your Treo isn't pushed all the way down.
    6. Your Treo is having a fit, Version 1 (try soft reset)
    7. Your Treo is having a fit, Version 2 (try looking at GPS settings in preferences)
    8. Your install didn't go quite right.
    9. You ut the Treo in da cradle before getting power to da cradle. Seems it want cradle powered BEFORE Treo goes in.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 04/19/2006 at 09:33 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Again, you will get that exact same message if any of the following conditions exist:

1. Your GPS is dead
    2. Your cradle cable isn't plugged into cigarette lighter
    3. You picked the wrong GPS settings.
    4. Your plug isn't all the way into the side of the cradle.
    5. Your Treo isn't pushed all the way down.
    6. Your Treo is having a fit, Version 1 (try soft reset)
    7. Your Treo is having a fit, Version 2 (try looking at GPS settings in preferences)
    8. Your install didn't go quite right.

Cool, thanks. I will play around a bit this evening.
    elbastardocalvo
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Had the same problem with my gps 2300. It was a broken unit. New one works with no problems whatsoever.

If your's is finicky enough that seating is a problem I would demand a replacement unit, that's not how they're supposed to work.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897
    Had the same problem with my gps 2300. It was a broken unit. New one works with no problems whatsoever.

If your's is finicky enough that seating is a problem I would demand a replacement unit, that's not how they're supposed to work.
    I got in the car and fired it up yesterday after work, and everything worked as advertised. Weird. But cool, now that everything is working...
    elbastardocalvo
  13.    #13  
    I got in the car and fired it up yesterday after work, and everything worked as advertised. Weird. But cool, now that everything is working...
    OK, so it's now been a few weeks, and I am thrilled with this thing. The cradle could be a bit less bulky, but hey, I'm not complaining, not with the functionality it gives me...
    elbastardocalvo
    There is a bug with TomTom that doesn't help this matter. Basically if you remove the Treo from the cradle while TomTom is running and redock it, TomTom gets flakey and loses the GPS signal. I just remember to exit TomTom before undocking and not starting TomTom until it is properly docked - it works flawless. Also, I use the TomTom GPS wired setting and it works great.