Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Nicely said!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    erm.. I thought it was called the 700p? :P
    Seriously, I can't believe this tread has gone 8 pages.
    ...i know, i ain't helping
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    It came true in my dream last night! U know how regretful when I found myself wakeup in the morning....
    need a lot of luck
    Bump :-)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Please...this update was a figment of someone's imagination and we all seemed to take it as if it were real. It's like asking for Santa Claus.
    Do u mean there is no Santa Claus. Oh no now ill never get a 700p
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    Do u mean there is no Santa Claus. Oh no now ill never get a 700p
    Sorry to bump this up again, but isn't the Treo 750 coming out in September sometime?

I highly doubt there will be another firmware update for the Treo 650.
    I was about to update my 650 with a custom ROM so it could use a 4GB card I purchased, however I noticed Sprint Biz Connect was listed as an app that doesn't work. Can someone confirm/deny this? Should I just wait for this supposed update? If I were to update with a new ROM and the sprint software didn't work I can always revert back to my backup ROM and everything would work, correct?
    I heard the Code name has been changed to:
    BLUE MOON

Might have something to do with a revised release date.
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    <<Should I just wait for this supposed update? <<
    bluemagic, there aint no update coming. you got to live with the self made update. palm isn't bothered about improving our present devices, we have to take care of ourselves.
    i support the treos in my company and this may be helpful if someone hasnt brought up some proof that a vzw rom update is coming (this thread was alot to try and read everything so if i am repeating someone else all apologies). This vzw 1.05 rom update that will be coming out hopefully soon will also help the issues with goodlink with that ppp ota timeout error. Names have been changed to protect the innocent but I received this info from a verizon data guru in verizon enterprise data sales after i told him about the epidemic of errors with goodlink and the 650 after a period of time. This email is dated on 7.12.06 the last i heard from him was august 8th saying the update was coming soon.

Labella,
    I wanted to get you this update on Good support for some of our newest devices. You will start to see occasional updates from me for now on. The approval for the 650 is supposed to be very soon but I donít have an exact date yet. As soon as I hear you will know. The message below is from an engineer at Good.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Verizon guru from Enterprise Data Sales

"The issue with the 650 is related to the ROM and the way that memory is written/rewritten. There was a built in limitation of something like 100,000 writes that causes the device to fail when it is exceeded. Palm has fixed the issue in the newest ROM (1.05) which is pending approval by Verizon Wireless prior to release.

Installing the new ROM will prevent the issue from occurring on a device if it has not already, but will not fix the issue on devices where it has already occurred.

GoodLink version 4.8 is required to support the Tre0 700w, Treo 700p and the Motorola Q.

Please let me know if you need additional information."

Dated 08.08.06
    Labella,
    The attached is a press release announcing the approval of the Airlink EVDO modems on the Verizon Wireless network. I know you all have quite a few Airlink modems so I thought this may be of interest to you.

The update for the Treo 650 should be out very soon and I will let you know as soon as it's approved.

Thanks,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678